Is there any way of jailbreaking this device other than redsnow? I have tried and tried but just can't get it to work. I have tried on my laptop and my desktop and still nothing. I have followed all the instructions, first I have downloaded redsnow and the ipsw file and put them both in a folder then I open redsnow and click browse and select the ispw that I downloaded and click ok. That's when it goes no further, it will not process it in redsnow like it is suppose to and will not let me click next. What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 08:45 AM
    I would visit iclarified.com for the tutorials and discussions over there about issues using redsn0w
    04-14-11 08:53 AM
    I did download the files from there and watched the how to video on there.

04-14-11 09:37 AM
    I did download the files from there and watched the how to video on there.

I initially had issues with redsnow a while back but was able to resolve them. I'm at work and those sites are blocked from my computer so I'm not able to see what the steps are and how I resolved. But I thought you had to do a restore in iTunes and select the .ipsw file you downloaded and it will restore your device to that. I didn't see you mention if you did that.
    04-14-11 09:44 AM
    Whoops I missed that step, I'll give it a shot when I get home. Should I update to the new 4.3.2 if I want to jailbreak or should I leave it at 4.3.1 for now?

04-14-11 02:01 PM
    Whoops I missed that step, I'll give it a shot when I get home. Should I update to the new 4.3.2 if I want to jailbreak or should I leave it at 4.3.1 for now?

Leave it at 4.3.2 for now. But you missed the most important part

I believe you have to hold ctrl or shift (depending on windows or mac) + restore in iTunes and there you select the .ispw file you downloaded. This should install the custo .ispw file and then redsnow should work on that. It sounds like you didn't have the custom file installed and was trying to jailbreak the one already on your phone.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-14-11 at 03:17 PM.
    04-14-11 03:10 PM
    Leave it at 4.3.2 for now. But you missed the most important part

I believe you have to hold ctrl or shift (depending on windows or mac) + restore in iTunes and there you select the .ispw file you downloaded. This should install the custo .ispw file and then redsnow should work on that. It sounds like you didn't have the custom file installed and was trying to jailbreak the one already on your phone.
    If he's jailbreaking, shouldn't he leave it at 4.3.1 for now? I thought I read that the current jailbrake for 4.3.2 was tethered. So if he wants an untethered jailbreak he should leave it at 4.3.1 for now.
    04-15-11 12:40 PM
    If he's jailbreaking, shouldn't he leave it at 4.3.1 for now? I thought I read that the current jailbrake for 4.3.2 was tethered. So if he wants an untethered jailbreak he should leave it at 4.3.1 for now.
    Agreed. I meant to type 4.3.1. Hence, why I said "leave it at..."
    04-15-11 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD