A couple of questions, that may have been answered and sorry if this has been posted again, I didn't find it. I may be getting my old 3G back from an ex that took it when I upgraded to the 3GS. If the new iPhone comes to AT&T, and I upgrade and so does he.... and I get my old 3G back -- do I have to have the 3G active and working to be able to jailbreak it and test it before doing it on my 3GS?

I really want to jailbreak my 3GS, but I've heard alot of bad things about it messing up, and although restoring is always the option, I just don't want to have to go through that.. incase something happens.

Thanks for the help guys =]
    01-18-10 03:16 PM
    you have to have a working internet connection, only the 3gs that manufactured after week 41 of last year will most likely face these problems.
    01-19-10 12:19 PM
    I jailbroke my 3G yesterday with no simcard in the phone.. So the answer is no, you dont need the 3g enabled to do a jailbreak.. But do your research before you jailbreak the 3GS, it requires a tethered jailbreak which is different from the 3g.
    01-19-10 07:20 PM
    In order to do the 'safer' jailbreak on your iPhone 3G you need to have an official sim card in the phone. If you want to know whether you can have an 'untethered' jailbreak on the 3GS look at the 4th and 5th digits of the serial number. This will tell you what week your iPhone was made. It should be ok if its week 39 or earlier.

The jailbreak of the iPhone 3G and 3Gs may be slightly different. Look at the tutorials on iclarified.com, they are really in-depth.

Hope this helps.
    01-24-10 06:07 AM
    i have jailbroke my iphone but now i cant go into cydia? what should i do?
    02-01-10 09:33 PM
    did you install cydia with blackra1n?? and are you connected to the internet, via wifi or edge/3g??
    02-02-10 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD