so ive had my iphone 3gs for about 4 days now. great little device. just today i decided to go ahead and jailbreak the baby. little to lose, everything to gain.

so i went ahead and followed simple walkthrough guides and videos posted around. cydia and redsn0w and everything went through successfully. after all that, i wanted to start throwing on some apps to fill my iphone with. they say to go to appulo.us and simply browse to the app of your liking, install and play. easy...

so i downloaded the app i wanted, happened to be bookworm, and put it in with the rest of my apps. then i attempted to sync it to see how it works. but wait... it can't! kept running into some error saying it couldn't sync bookworm. i restarted itunes and the iphone and still kept saying the same thing. fuggggg

then i tried rebooting it because it says that might fix the syncing issue. so i went ahead and did that. and to cut to the chase, the iphone froze on me. it was stuck on the apple screen with the loading circle and wouldn't move.

turns out i had to restore the whole thing, it was the only way. and i lost everything. now i am back to square one. what a waste of time jailbreaking is. i really want to take advantage of this jailbreaking everyone talks about but not if i can't use it properly and have to restore everytime. unstable pos.

not only that, but getting the app from appulo.us was a chore in itself. is it normally this damn sloooooooooooooooooow? pages wouldn't load half the time and when they did it took them a good 4-5 minutes. wtf? i asked someone else to see if it was slow for them too, and they said it was.
    Last edited by Umbrello; 09-13-09 at 02:26 PM.
    09-13-09 02:23 PM
    lol, relax. you have to connect to wifi and download appulous its works much better. other wise yes its going to that slow...
    09-13-09 03:02 PM
    i DID download appulo.us. thats what i started out doing, accessing it from my iphone vice pc. but even then the website turned out garbled to **** and/or took forever to load. so i took the route of downloading the app via pc.
    09-13-09 03:07 PM
    i DID download appulo.us. thats what i started out doing, accessing it from my iphone vice pc. but even then the website turned out garbled to **** and/or took forever to load. so i took the route of downloading the app via pc.
    connect your iphone to a wifi network and you should be good to go...
    09-13-09 03:33 PM
    why does it have to be a wi fi network? there are no wifi networks in my area. well there are, but they're all secured. i dont see why it needs to be connected to wifi to work
    09-13-09 03:41 PM
    connect your iphone to a wifi network and you should be good to go...
    09-13-09 03:51 PM
    I had an iPhone and jailbroke it many times with barely any issues. I always would end up going back to the official OS though. I then purchased an unlocked G1 to use on att and that was a good little phone but the battery life was horrific. I now have a Blackberry 8900 and it is better than the iphone and G1 for what I want. If you like Youtube and Musicon your phone then go with the iPhone if you want a wide open OS to install anything you want on it then go with an Android phone but if you're like me and you want the best device for email, messages and all around comunication then a Blackberry can't be beat. I love my 8900 and the only thing that will replace it is another BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 03:52 PM
    first is the doozy, did you restore today? if your on 3gs and restored today or yesterday then you restored above 3.0 so jailbreaken may be out of the question at the moment. if thats not the case then you can't really install any apps on appulous unless you install appsync or mi but I won't go into detail here as it's not...... kosher. if you are jb and need help beyond that just pm me and I'll walk you through the rest. always do a backup with itunes though before going further so you can restore
    09-13-09 05:27 PM
    first is the doozy, did you restore today? if your on 3gs and restored today or yesterday then you restored above 3.0 so jailbreaken may be out of the question at the moment. if thats not the case then you can't really install any apps on appulous unless you install appsync or mi but I won't go into detail here as it's not...... kosher. if you are jb and need help beyond that just pm me and I'll walk you through the rest. always do a backup with itunes though before going further so you can restore
    yes i restored today, i had to. and its 3.1, yes i know. can't jailbreak until there's a new jb release for it..

and i had installed appsync so i could sync the apps to my ipod. i made sure of it.

thanks anyway though. i know what im doing.. its just that i dont know why it was doing what it was doing
    09-13-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD