I know this topic has been discussed to all ends but, I've decided to try jailbreaking my 3gS to see what the praise is all about.
    I'm running 4.0.2.

Just wanted opinions on which jailbreaking "company" to go with?
    Which is the easiest to use? And what are my chances of screwing it up? I've read and read but I'd like straight up opinions from those who have done it.
    08-17-10 07:33 PM
    I know this topic has been discussed to all ends but, I've decided to try jailbreaking my 3gS to see what the praise is all about.
    I'm running 4.0.2.

Just wanted opinions on which jailbreaking "company" to go with?
    Which is the easiest to use? And what are my chances of screwing it up? I've read and read but I'd like straight up opinions from those who have done it.
    None!......... 4.0.2 can not be jailbroke at this time.
    08-17-10 08:23 PM
    eww, that sucks. Guess now I'll look for a way to downgrade since restoring my phone keeps it at 4.0.2.
    08-17-10 08:41 PM
    Yeh, a good tip is never ever use the official Apple OS update if youre jailbroken. Usually when a new OS version comes out its not jailbreakable the first day or even week. Its always better to stay with your jailbroken current OS until the new OS version jailbreak is released/announced.

Problme now is youre on 4.0.2 which totally closed the 4.0/4.0.1 exploit used to jailbreak. If you cant downgrade or didnt save your 4.0/4.0.1 SHSH blob in Cydia you may be SOL for a bit until a new jailbreak method is released.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 08-17-10 at 09:13 PM.
    08-17-10 09:09 PM
    I actually went onto modmyi.com and found a thread in a forum on how to downgrade to 4.0 without having to save any files cause I haven't jailbroken before. Now I won't be updating through Apple at all until there is a jailbreak for it!
    08-17-10 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD