I've done some searching around the boards but really haven't found any clear answers.
    My cousin is wanting to a get the new Iphone 3Gs, but doesn't want to get it unless it can be jailbroken. And of course since I did it for his Wife's Iphone 3G, he's coming to me.
    As I said before i've looked on the boards, and looked over the net and could not come up with anything that gave me a yes or no.
    So, can it be done yet?

Thank you
    Krishna
    06-24-09 03:40 PM
    As far as I know, no. The 3.0 software can be, but not the 3G S. That's my understanding of it, anyway.
    06-24-09 03:58 PM
    No, The iPhone Blog will have details as soon as the Dev-Team accomplishes it.
    06-24-09 09:14 PM
    It will happen soon. The dev team works fast. I remember when people said it won't be done for the 3G..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 12:21 AM
    Thanks for the info everyone

06-25-09 02:37 AM
    yea they always find a way to JB and iphone
    06-25-09 08:24 PM
    modmyi and tipb will post it as soon as its out just keep ur eyes peeled!
    06-25-09 08:25 PM
    Dev-Team just announced it's possible... The bootrom is in fact similar the the 2nd gen iPod Touch. They haven't said when it will be out, but it should be too terribly long I'd imagine.
    06-26-09 12:16 PM
    Hmm , well thats good news ^^^^ But , i have to say i am a noob when it comes to jailbreaking and iphone stuff lol , so , what is the benefit of jailbreaking a the phone ?
    06-26-09 12:28 PM
    Hmm , well thats good news ^^^^ But , i have to say i am a noob when it comes to jailbreaking and iphone stuff lol , so , what is the benefit of jailbreaking a the phone ?
    With Jailbreaking you can get apps that are not approve by Apple and other features that allow for changing the icons and themes to your iPhone.

I only jailbroke my phone for a few reasons before 3.0

1) Backgrounder app - Let's you run 3rd party apps in the background\
    2) Landscape texting
    3) Video Camera
    4) Fetch email for 1 min instead of 15 mins

The only thing I want nw is backgrounder. But they have a lot of apps and other things you can do that's not approved by Apple.
    06-26-09 01:01 PM
    In addition to having the ability to run free apps from Cydia, after JB, you can use ultrasn0w to unlock the iPhone 3GS and use the phone on most is not all GSM cellular providers.
    06-26-09 01:09 PM
    In addition to having the ability to run free apps from Cydia, after JB, you can use ultrasn0w to unlock the iPhone 3GS and use the phone on most is not all GSM cellular providers.
    Yup, forgot. Unless factory unlocked (good luck finding one of them) you have to jailbreak to unlock. This is the easiest way to unlock anyway. I unlocked my 3G the other day with 3.0 and sold it.
    06-26-09 01:11 PM
    My cousin wants it for trick threeG so he can use sling while he's at work. He's holding his bold hostage (which he's giving to me) untill I jailbreak it

06-26-09 04:09 PM
    Check this out:

FFVII on the 3Gs via a psx4iphone emulator.
    06-26-09 04:40 PM
    Dev-Team Blog

From what i'm reading, they're saying I can use redsn0w to jailbreak the iphone 3g s

Am I right

06-27-09 12:27 AM
    well he says - they are almost done and they found a way to do it .. won't be long ..
    06-27-09 06:37 AM
    I jailbroke my wife's 3G yesterday and installed a few apps while she was out. She told me to upgrade her to 3.0, but I couldn't resist, she took my 3GS so that's what she gets. She was pretty pissed until I showed her how to background Pandora radio and AIM. SBSsettings and backgrounder are reason enough to jailbreak. Come on Dev-Team!!!
    06-27-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD