I just got an Iphone 3GS from the at&t store 4 days ago which has Firmware of 3.1.2 FROM THE BOX. I have tried Jailbreaking my Iphone using MAC(Pawnage tool), Windows(Blackra1n), and also tried to downgrading it but all failed.

I installed the blackra1n software and run it step by step. I successfully installing the cydia and everythign works fine. When my I restart my phone, the phone went to the recovery mode which showing usb cable and itunes. I have done that 3x and all failed at the same point.

Anyone facing the same problem and know how to deal with this? Please advise.

thanks,

P.S.: I just got the Iphone 3 days ago which came with the newest 3.1.2 , 5.11.07 firmware.

All I want is jailbreaking it.
    11-07-09 09:30 AM
    11-07-09 11:59 PM
    Make sure your are doing everything correctly.

I bought my 3GS today and i jailbroke it a while ago.

Blackrain should do it in like 1 min. Redo it again and DO NOT install Cydia, see if that helps. Install either ROCK or SNOW.
    11-08-09 05:12 AM
    Cydia is fine, the new boot rom requires a "tethered" jail-break which means you have to have the phone connected to your computer each time you restart it so that blackra1n runs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Slone.; 11-08-09 at 03:30 PM.
    11-08-09 06:04 AM
    Make sure your are doing everything correctly.

I bought my 3GS today and i jailbroke it a while ago.

Blackrain should do it in like 1 min. Redo it again and DO NOT install Cydia, see if that helps. Install either ROCK or SNOW.

I did everything correctly and carefully. I have to tethered if I want to reboot or restart my phone. I have successfully install the cydia and everything worked fine up to when I restart my iphone without usb cable to computer. It brought me to recovery mode. when I plug the phone and run the blackra1n again, it's back up normal.

The problem is, how to make the jailbreak stay on my phone when I restart the phone? I read the article from the link above, it said that this problem would have no way out. but anyway, I listed my Brand New Iphone in Ebay already.. =(

thanks guys

P.S.: the jailbreak will stay if when I want to reboot my phone with the phone connected and blackra1n software on? or it will erase everything no matter if I reboot the phone without usb cable connected to black rain?
    11-08-09 09:07 AM
    I just got done reading that there is a problem with iPhone G3S with 3.1.2 PRE installed
    from Apple or AT&T. The new ipod touch 2g and the iphone 3GS are tethered jailbreaks. Apple fixed the exploit that was being used to jailbreak earlier devices. This means you will have to jailbreak them everytime you reboot. Avoid buying iphone 3GS which has manufacture date > 40. (Check the 4rth and 5th digits on the serial number of the phone). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I am sure sooner or later someone will fix this problem
    For more information, check out this link: http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ml#post1528255
    Last edited by garys11; 11-08-09 at 09:31 AM.
    11-08-09 09:28 AM
    I just got done reading that there is a problem with iPhone G3S with 3.1.2 PRE installed
    from Apple or AT&T. The new ipod touch 2g and the iphone 3GS are tethered jailbreaks. Apple fixed the exploit that was being used to jailbreak earlier devices. This means you will have to jailbreak them everytime you reboot. Avoid buying iphone 3GS which has manufacture date > 40. (Check the 4rth and 5th digits on the serial number of the phone). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I am sure sooner or later someone will fix this problem
    For more information, check out this link: http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ml#post1528255
    either way I already decide to stay with BB bold. it is more useful for me since I am a big texter.

The reason I sell this Iphone is:
    1. When I really want to come back to Iphone, I will buy the jailbreak iphone from Ebay with cheaper price. (since, it will occurred later, I'm assuming the Iphone will cost cheaper =p )
    2. Iphone's battery, I assumed, to be inferior than the BB bold.
    3. I can wait the next generation of Iphone.

P.S.: I hope with the time pass by, this OS would have jailbroken.
    11-08-09 09:41 AM
    Won't work, HARDWARE changes have been made to the device as well.

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

Click the apple byte, then click the "Is the iPhone Jailbreak Proof?"
    11-08-09 02:42 PM
    too bad then.. Idk if there will be any solution on that one..
    11-08-09 03:35 PM
    yeah..... damn apple for sending new iboot!!
    11-08-09 06:12 PM
    That sucks for people who has the 40. iphone versions.
    Last edited by Zh3nger; 11-10-09 at 06:58 PM.
    11-10-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD