To jailbreak or not to jailbreak... That is the question! Okay I love themes on my BB..... But as far as when I get my Iphone 3GS, its not a big issue. Im looking forward to OS 4! It has everything Im used to with my BB, or at least everything that I will miss if the IPhone doesn't have it! So.... The option to jailbreak or not is my question? Whats the benefits or advantages & risk or disadvantages of jail breaking? Basicly what can a jailbroken IPhone do that a regular IPhone can & will be once OS 4 comes out!
    04-18-10 11:19 AM
    From your post sounds like you're better off waiting a few months for OS4 - since you have a 3GS, you'll get all the features (like multitasking).
    They already have a jailbreak out for OS4 too, so you can always jailbreak that if you get bored in the future.
    04-18-10 01:24 PM
    You've answered your own question. Most do it because they're missing something that they'd like, but if you'd be perfectly happy with OS4, then I don't really see a reason for you to jailbreak.
    04-18-10 02:05 PM
    Thanks for the help!!
    04-18-10 04:28 PM
    Also keep in mind that since you just got it chances are you would need a tethered jailbreak. That means whenever you turn off your phone it would have to be connected to the computer to boot it up again.
    04-18-10 05:14 PM
    I downgraded from the 4.0 beta because I had to jailbreak my iPhone.

I was without wifi and had to use my iPhone as a router.

When I was at 4.0, I was perfectly happy with it. It has everything that I jailbreak for. I probably won't be jailbreaking 4.0.
    04-18-10 05:49 PM
    Also keep in mind that since you just got it chances are you would need a tethered jailbreak. That means whenever you turn off your phone it would have to be connected to the computer to boot it up again.
    What do u mean I would have to connect it to my computer to boot it up again?
    04-18-10 06:05 PM
    What do u mean I would have to connect it to my computer to boot it up again?
    Every time you power off your iPhone, you will have to connect it to your computer and run blackra1n to turn your iPhone on, or it will just be stuck in Recovery Mode (connect to iTunes screen).
    04-18-10 06:08 PM
    You would have more options with jail breaking but I wouldn't even mess with the phone right now. Wait a few months to see what apple does with the iPhone. Its bound to get better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 06:09 PM
    @Cyber Warrior-Thats what I was thinking before I decided to jailbreak it! But Im new to it! I hope its as easy as loading a leak on my BB!
    04-18-10 06:13 PM
    @Cyber Warrior-Thats what I was thinking before I decided to jailbreak it! But Im new to it! I hope its as easy as loading a leak on my BB!
    It's even easier. You just run a program and you're done in under a minute.
    04-18-10 06:18 PM
    How about battery? Im gonna be using it for web, email, ipod, a few apps! I wanna say I will be a 'MATURE' user! Lol! Im a big gamer, so I wont have e that many games! I just want a prediction of battery from users!
    04-18-10 06:25 PM
    The battery isn't great. It can last me most of the day with some web browsing, iPod, Twitter, etc.
    04-18-10 06:37 PM
    Oh wow! The chick @ the AT&T store told me to preserve battery I should make sure I do all update, turn off bluetooth & wifi!
    04-18-10 06:41 PM
    Bluetooth can be a battery hog. GPS can be, too. I use Navigon a lot for work and can watch the battery percentage drop as time goes by.
    If you didn't know already, you can turn percentage on from Settings>General>Usage.
    04-18-10 06:53 PM
    I downgraded from the 4.0 beta because I had to jailbreak my iPhone.

I was without wifi and had to use my iPhone as a router.

When I was at 4.0, I was perfectly happy with it. It has everything that I jailbreak for. I probably won't be jailbreaking 4.0.
    I'm waiting for 4.0 to be updated one time before I install it. I have it sitting here ready to go, but want just one more update to it before I take the plunge. Maybe this Tuesday we'll get an update.
    04-18-10 06:55 PM
    Bluetooth can be a battery hog. GPS can be, too. I use Navigon a lot for work and can watch the battery percentage drop as time goes by.
    If you didn't know already, you can turn percentage on from Settings>General>Usage.
    Yeah I heard about GPS! I really don't need it! What about sleep mode? When I plug my BB up to the charger it displays a Clock with my alarm 2 the bottom! Does Apple have something like this or is there a app for that? <----- That was the guy @ AT&T seels pitch to everything I asked him: " There's a app for that! " (Lol)
    04-18-10 07:20 PM
    If you have the opportunity to do so, I would suggest that you get one and see if it works. If you are close to an Apple store you can return it there within 30 days, no restocking fee.
    It's the best way to get an actual read of the battery, features, etc. From what some people say you can restore back after jailbreaking and Apple won't be the wiser. I don't know about that last part from personal experience, though.
    Nothing like living with a phone for three to four weeks or so to know whether it will be a good match. Make sure you ask the Apple store about return policies and restocking fees...may have changed.
    04-19-10 01:56 AM
    I have my brightness set to 10-20% and I use my iPhone constantly, and can get 12 hours.

Two things that would effect those numbers is playing graphic intensive games and making/receiving phone calls.

The most I play is words with friends and no more than 30mins to an hour of calls. Usuaully 30 mins as I like to sms.
    04-19-10 04:23 AM
    Thanks for all the help! Im gonna go head & get the IPhone 3GS! I see the IPhone 4G..... But I really don't like the look of it! It does look like a IPad! But as long as I can get OS 4 Im happy! Ill wait to see some of review when it comes out!
    04-19-10 11:00 AM
    I'll only believe it when I see it from Apple or AT&T. Aside from that, I'll take all these "rumors" with a grain of salt.
    04-19-10 03:08 PM
    I'll only believe it when I see it from Apple or AT&T. Aside from that, I'll take all these "rumors" with a grain of salt.
    Im with you 100%! The guy @ the apple store told me he doesn't know if it will be anytime soon for three reasons: 1. If it was coming out in June he says they would have announced it by now! 2. The IPad! He says they don't wanna take the shine off it the IPad yet! 3. OS 4! He predicts if a IPhone is coming it maybe the early fall! Idk...... Take it with a grain of salt!
    04-19-10 04:51 PM
    All most forgot....... What OS is the IPhone running now without jailbreaking it?
    04-19-10 04:58 PM
    Brand New - 3.1.3
    04-19-10 05:09 PM
    Brand New - 3.1.3
    Is it hard to load IPhone OS?
    04-19-10 05:27 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD