Well the wait is over. Comex and the iphone dev team have now officially released the new jaibreak for..............

# Pod 1G on 3.1.2
    # iPod 1G on 3.1.3
    # iPod 2G on 3.1.2
    # iPod 2G on 3.1.3
    # iPod 2G on 4.0
    # iPod 3G on 3.1.2
    # iPod 3G on 3.1.3
    # iPod 3G on 4.0
    # iPad on 3.2
    # iPad on 3.2.1
    # iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
    # iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
    # iPhone 3G on 4.0
    # iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
    # iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.2
    # iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.3
    # iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0
    # iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0.1
    # iPhone 4 on 4.0
    # iPhone 4 on 4.0.1

Thats right all of the above. Just navigate to JailbreakMe on your device. When you visit the website from your iPhone, you're greeted with a slick "Slide to Jailbreak" slider. And... well, that's it. You slide. It jailbreaks your iPhone. Cydia is on your homescreen. No restarting your phone (although when you open Cydia the first time it will do it's normal first-run rearranging of file system and require a restart), no button sequence, just a jailbroken iPhone 4. Or iPhone 3G[S]. Or iPod Touch. Or iPad. You get the picture.

Side note: server is currently getting hammered! Also this is jailbreak only. Unlock expected within a couple of days. good luck.

Update: Carrier unlock for iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1 has just been released in cydia and works with iPhone4 baseband 01.59 3G/3GS basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04.

1: open "Cydia" on your iPhone. Touch on "Manage" tab on the bottom. Now touch on "Sources"
    2: once "Sources" is open touch on "Edit" and then on "Add".
    Type "http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com" and touch on "Add Source"

3:Once it is done downloading go back to "Sources" and touch on ultrasn0w under "Entered By User" touch on install in the top right corner and wait for it to install. Reboot your iphone and pat yourself on the back cause you just unlocked your iphone!

Congrats and Good Luck!
    Last edited by harrison0550; 08-04-10 at 02:59 AM. Reason: unlock added
    08-01-10 05:09 PM
    Alternatively, u can try jailbreakme.modmyi.com
    08-01-10 06:16 PM
    I am sooo freaking happy. It worked great on my 4
    It took few minutes but it worked.
    Now I hope that winterboard works on the 4 and LockInfo
    It was well worth staying up past 2am
    08-01-10 06:29 PM
    this is good news!
    08-01-10 06:44 PM
    Thanks so much!
    08-01-10 07:14 PM
    Many people having problems. Some no longer have FaceTime or MMS. I'm not going
    to jailbreak regardless. But just thought I'd help pass that along.
    08-01-10 07:24 PM
    It was super easy....lol. Hope the unlock when it comes out is as simple.
    08-01-10 07:57 PM
    Is anyone else having problems installing jailbroken apps? I've tried to re-install 2 apps that I had on my jailbroken 3GS and each time when the sync finishes, I get the message that the app wasn't install because Unknown Error Occurred (0xE8008001). Does anyone know what that means?

PROBLEM SOLVED! I had to install AppSync for OS 4.0
    Now I'm able to re-install my jailbroken apps.
    Last edited by jayman2; 08-01-10 at 09:46 PM.
    08-01-10 08:40 PM
    Mobile Terminal is not working with iOS 4.0 is there any other way to change root and mobile passwords?
    08-01-10 10:01 PM
    you need to get mobile terminal version 426

Downloads - mobileterminal - Project Hosting on Google Code
    08-01-10 10:52 PM
    Many people having problems. Some no longer have FaceTime or MMS. I'm not going
    to jailbreak regardless. But just thought I'd help pass that along.
    JailbreakMe has been updated which has fixed all the problems related to FaceTime and MMS. If you are doing a fresh jailbreak, you will not have any of these issues. Existing users will need to do a “Complete Upgrade” of Cydia followed by a reset of Network Settings. To do this, simply fire up Cydia and let the loading to finish. It will now automatically ask you to update Cydia. Touch on “Complete Upgrade” and reboot the device once it is done. Go to Settings –> General –> Reset –> Reset Network Settings. Reboot the device again. The problem should be fixed now.
    08-01-10 11:02 PM
    Glad to see they fixed it. Sometimes it's too easy to jailbreak so beginners are scarred for life when something like that happens lol
    08-02-10 06:10 AM
    if you were having face/mms issues there is an update on cydia during load. Install it and reenable facetime in settings/phone. It looks like the permissions weren't set right for the folders
    08-02-10 07:27 AM
    Looks like everything has gone off without a hitch so far! I keep getting ask "what is the point of jailbreaking the iphone 4? it can do what jailbroken iphones can do" Well not even close sunshine as of this morning My3G app has been released !! With this new updated version of My3G for iPhone 4, you can now make FaceTime video calls over your cellular 3G network which otherwise isn’t possible without the new jailbreak. Mywi, backgrounder, themes, etc the list goes on and on but I think My3G app is going to be a big decision maker for a lot of folks.
    08-02-10 10:31 AM
    Looks like everything has gone off without a hitch so far! I keep getting ask "what is the point of jailbreaking the iphone 4? it can do what jailbroken iphones can do" Well not even close sunshine as of this morning My3G app has been released !! With this new updated version of My3G for iPhone 4, you can now make FaceTime video calls over your cellular 3G network which otherwise isn�t possible without the new jailbreak. Mywi, backgrounder, themes, etc the list goes on and on but I think My3G app is going to be a big decision maker for a lot of folks.
    Thats pretty sad that the jailbreak offers 3G facetime calls before apple could..wow.
    08-02-10 11:35 AM
    How do the themes work? I've been thinking about it but I've never done one. Is there an app that installs themes? Or do you have to search for one via google after you jailbreak?
    08-02-10 11:39 AM
    Thats pretty sad that the jailbreak offers 3G facetime calls before apple could..wow.
    I don't there was a problem with Apple being able to do it, I believe it had something to do with the carriers. When Jobs gave the presentation he said they had to work with the carriers to figure it out. I would imagine that's a lot of bandwidth and usage on the network. Tools in Cydia have always allowed stuff to be used over 3G that only worked on Wifi before.
    08-02-10 11:48 AM
    How do the themes work? I've been thinking about it but I've never done one. Is there an app that installs themes? Or do you have to search for one via google after you jailbreak?
    You install Winterboard. From there you browse themes in Cydia and install the one(s) you like. There's a lot of control with Winterboard, and you can change almost every aspect of the visuals on the iPhone.

There's also a paid app called Lockinfo that let's you alter even more, including running widgets. You should know though, all these things shorten battery life or slow things down. Some people don't mind, and prefer the customizations, others care more about speed and battery life, so there's a trade-off.
    08-02-10 12:27 PM
    Hi although the JB and unlock was way way easier than I thought it would be, my MMS is messed up. At one point, I had it that I could send and not receive MMS, now I can't do either. I am not a HUGE MMS message person so I am done worrying about it. I'm glad that I can use my iphone on TMO.
    08-02-10 01:47 PM
    Themes work great, they are in the themes section of Cydia, there's about a jillion of them. You must install WinterBoard which actually launches the theme, very simple and fast. Jailbreaking opens up a new world of goodies. I just JB my i4 last night, and I previously I used Spirit to JB my 3G.
    08-02-10 02:09 PM
    Hi although the JB and unlock was way way easier than I thought it would be, my MMS is messed up. At one point, I had it that I could send and not receive MMS, now I can't do either. I am not a HUGE MMS message person so I am done worrying about it. I'm glad that I can use my iphone on TMO.
    Hey Michele the mms issue was resolved shortly after the jailbreak release and Jailbreakme was updated. However if you have already set everything up the way you want it and dont want to go through the hassle of restoring in itunes then rejailbreaking there is quick fix here....... Fix FaceTime and MMS Problem on iPhone 4 After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0 | Redmond Pie
    08-02-10 02:57 PM
    Mods would you mind putting a sticky to this? This is super helpful.
    08-02-10 04:47 PM
    Hey Michele the mms issue was resolved shortly after the jailbreak release and Jailbreakme was updated. However if you have already set everything up the way you want it and dont want to go through the hassle of restoring in itunes then rejailbreaking there is quick fix here....... Fix FaceTime and MMS Problem on iPhone 4 After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0 | Redmond Pie
    It's even easier than that, just launch Cydia and wait for it to update itself and let it complete. That's it.
    08-02-10 04:48 PM
    Themes work great, they are in the themes section of Cydia, there's about a jillion of them. You must install WinterBoard which actually launches the theme, very simple and fast. Jailbreaking opens up a new world of goodies. I just JB my i4 last night, and I previously I used Spirit to JB my 3G.
    I have a question for you if you don't mind. Previously, whenever I installed Winterboard, it would slow down my phone significantly. Is it the same with the i4? I can wait til my i4 arrives, but I kind of like to know answers like this before I install.
    08-02-10 04:50 PM
    thanks for info
    08-02-10 05:54 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD