09-07-09 04:38 PM
64 123
tools
    Man, I was just getting the hang of it and...it froze on the apple logo screen. I had to do a hard reboot and restore from itunes. Debating on whether to give it another shot.
    07-10-09 09:47 AM
    Dude, the Five Icon Dock and Five Column Spring Board are simply awesome...
    07-10-09 09:55 AM
    Man, I was just getting the hang of it and...it froze on the apple logo screen. I had to do a hard reboot and restore from itunes. Debating on whether to give it another shot.
    Couple things you need to do before installing any packages.

Once you jailbreak, install Cydia. Then on your first run of Cydia make sure you do a complete upgrade for Cydia.

Reboot the phone.

Open Cydia and search for 'Mobile Substrate'. Install this and then reboot your phone.

Open Cydia and tap the 'Sections' icon. Scroll down to Repositories. Search for a package named 'Steffwiz'. Install and then go back to the 'Repositories' area. Under 'A' look for a new entry labeled 'All Sources'. Install this to gain access to all the most common Sources/Repositories for applications. Reboot your phone after this install. During this installation you may encounter errors, they are simply errors related to sources/repositories no longer available. Don't worry.

Open Cydia again and tap the 'Changes' tab and hit 'Refresh'. Install any updates. At this point browse through the 'Sections' area for whatever Apps you may with to install. Another area is the 'Featured Packages' section off the main 'Cydia' tab. Always check the 'more info tab' for each package to ensure that the package will work for your device.

Finally if you install something that causes your phone to crash/brick or whatever you'll have to put the phone in DFU and restore through iTunes. This will erase all your Apps/Settings made through Cydia. A good thing to do is once you get the basic jailbreak done with all the updates, is to install AppBackup through Cydia and create a jailbreak backup. iTunes will not backup your Cydia/Icy installed Apps.

Good luck.
    07-10-09 09:58 AM
    Alright, thanks for the help. I'm going to give it another run later.
    07-10-09 10:13 AM
    Interested in a text ringtone manager for jailbroken 3gs. Tried TONEFX for the 3gs it just crashes my phone...stay away from that if you have a 3gs. So anyone have any ideas. I need to add some custom text tones soon, only thing that I am missing about my storm...

Thanks in advance.

Also, Jeli you are the man, thanks for all of your input/help
    07-10-09 10:01 PM
    Interested in a text ringtone manager for jailbroken 3gs. Tried TONEFX for the 3gs it just crashes my phone...stay away from that if you have a 3gs. So anyone have any ideas. I need to add some custom text tones soon, only thing that I am missing about my storm...

Thanks in advance.

Also, Jeli you are the man, thanks for all of your input/help
    Right now I haven't been able to find an updated version for any of the sound managers. Problem is the 3GS & 3.0 just came out within the last month and the 3GS jailbreak just appeared within the last week or so. Developers will get these apps updated hopefully soon, but don't be surprised if it takes a couple weeks. It all depends on how active they are.
    07-11-09 08:57 AM
    get dtunes,make it mine,installous,mobile theatre,my cinema,yxflash,bossprefs,supreme preferences,5 icon dock,and refelective dock
    07-14-09 04:34 PM
    what is installous?
    07-15-09 03:53 PM
    if my phone dsnt have service yet should i wait to jailbreak it? As in bought it from a friend and dnt have att yet?
    09-06-09 09:26 PM
    Jailbreaking doesn't require the phone to be activated. iTunes is not even used during the jailbreak. You only need to reactivate a phone through AT&T when you do a wipe/restore.
    09-06-09 10:15 PM
    so i will have to do a restore before i get it activated?
    09-06-09 10:43 PM
    Is there a package that will save Youtube videos to my phone?
    09-07-09 09:52 AM
    mxtube-even better you can download them to your phone
    09-07-09 11:50 AM
    so i will have to do a restore before i get it activated?

Pretty sure you do, that's the only time i've seen the option to set up as a new phone which is what activates the phone with AT&T.
    09-07-09 04:38 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD