Ok I'm new to the whole iphone thing and I have been hearing all of this talk about jailbreakning/jailbreak/jailbroken? What the heck is this and what does it do?
    11-04-09 12:27 PM
    11-04-09 12:47 PM
    Read this, it will tell you everything you need to know.
    Need a reason to jailbreak your iPhone? Here's ten of them - iSmashPhone iPhone Blog
    Great reference link. Thanks for sharing
    11-04-09 01:03 PM
    good link and basically all it does is make the iphone able to accept 3rd party applications and games like roms etc
    11-04-09 06:24 PM
    Beware of battery life once jailbroken.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 06:31 PM
    ^^drains it sooo fast.
    11-04-09 09:40 PM
    Thanks!!I am gonna to try it tonight!!
    11-06-09 04:48 AM
    that link is making me reallly think about JBing it.
    11-06-09 08:50 AM
    Oh wow, I didn't know it would drain the battery FASTER! Well now I won't even consider doing it since the battery doesn't last very long as it is. Thank you for the info!
    11-06-09 12:47 PM
    Does battery drain really happen with JBing? Or is it due to apps associated with JBing? My friends with non-JB 3g/3gs complain about the battery just as much as my JB friends do.
    11-06-09 06:05 PM
    Beware of battery life once jailbroken.

That's ridiculous.. it has nothing to do with jailbreaking, rather mobile substrates running in the background, being able to run multiple processes at the same time, SSH running all the time eating battery life etc. Turn these off and there's no significant difference..
    11-07-09 12:13 AM
    I have another question, is it true that if your phone goes dead or if you turn the phone off that the only way to reboot it is to hook it up to the computer?

11-07-09 10:05 AM
    I have another question, is it true that if your phone goes dead or if you turn the phone off that the only way to reboot it is to hook it up to the computer?

because of jailbreaking? no i dont think so. i've let my stock iphone go all the way dead, and just plugging it back into the wall has started the charging process. i dont see how jailbreaking would effect this.
    11-08-09 11:17 AM

Depends on the device, with the more recent 3G[S]s there's a bootloader update that only makes a tethered jailbreak possible at the moment meaning each time the battery goes dead you need to boot it with the jailbreaking software

11-08-09 01:52 PM

Only on models that came with the newest OS pre-installed. It's not the bootloader, but the boot rom which has been changed physically in the new devices.
    11-08-09 02:44 PM
    I just have an iPod touch but the jailbreak with blackra1n was easy to do..if you're curious try it out. Just restore you phone if you wanna get rid of it.
    11-12-09 12:12 AM
    careful you should change your root password too!
    11-12-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD