So, I've got my new iPhone 3G. But, of course I want to get 'into it'. I'm not too rushed to 'jailbreak' it, albeit I want to know if there is a way to change the tones for email/sms?

I do find it weird that Apple haven't given these little things more options, 'out-of-the-box'. Weird...
    07-13-08 12:23 PM
    OOh i'm interested to know this too. I ordered mine and should be in by tuesday per the ATT store i ordered it at. I found a way to make your own ringtones using garageband, which uses the ummm music you didnt download from itunes to make ringtones and send them directly to the "ringtones" portion on ITunes, but i am curious to know how to set sms alerts!!
    07-13-08 01:07 PM
    you gettin rid of your pearl for the iphone?
    07-13-08 01:14 PM
    you gettin rid of your pearl for the iphone?
    Yea, its for sale in the marketplace. I already opened a new line of service at ATT, but i will not port my number from the pearl until my IPhone comes in, which should be around tuesday per the att store i ordered through.
    07-13-08 01:35 PM
    Yea, its for sale in the marketplace. I already opened a new line of service at ATT, but i will not port my number from the pearl until my IPhone comes in, which should be around tuesday per the att store i ordered through.
    sweet...ive always been a fan of the iphones and thats why the new Thunder is really catching my eye. Good luck with it and dont leave us for the rest of the apple junkies lol
    07-14-08 12:40 AM
    At the moment, the only tones for SMS are the 6 preloaded ones. Your only options for mail and calendar to turn tones on or off, and you are stuck with the sounds it comes with. Probably going to stay this way until the new Jailbreaks and programs roll out unfortunately.
    07-14-08 12:47 PM
    sweet...ive always been a fan of the iphones and thats why the new Thunder is really catching my eye. Good luck with it and dont leave us for the rest of the apple junkies lol
    I wasn't planning on leaving, but was worried i'd be forced to leave by some of the mean narrowminded users on this forum. I still can appreciate everything that the berry has to offer, and i love the majority of users on this forum so i plan on staying here And anyways Craze, Jayden and a few others are awesome help on the iphone! Just gotta keep away from the negativity and keep moving forward!
    07-14-08 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD