Hi, Just wanted to express my thoughts and to get some opinions.

I use to be an iPhone 3G user and had used it well over a year. I missed the themes and applications available, missed the UI and how flawlessly the transitions worked, the anticipations of new jailbreaks and the fact that I could use skype and ebuddy, with no problems, over wifi was a big plus for me and it sucks that its not available on my BB. Im not sure if the graphics for the games have advanced further but back then it was still really impressive and it was fun impressing my friends with the game titles and how it outmatched the gaming capabilities of their Nokias, Winmo and Android.

So since ive grown dependent on my BB mainly for emailing purposes, Id still like to get intouch with the ipod/iphone community and the advanced multimedia capability which my Blackberry isnt very good at handling.

I don't want to have to pay for a cost of an iPhone 4 without the contract so Ive decided to get an iPod touch but can't decide between the 2nd and 3rd generations. 8GB memory is more than enough for me but at the same time im not sure if its as capable as the 3rd gen in terms of processor speed and RAM, etc.

Id appreciate your opinions in helping me decide between these ipod touch generations.

Regards,
    Cliff
    08-18-10 08:18 AM
    There's a very significant difference between the 2nd and 3rd generation iPods. The difference is similar to iPhone 3G and 3GS, which was very noticeable. If you're getting a 3rd generation iPod Touch though, you might want to wait a little longer, the 4th generation device is going to be released soon. When that happens, you might want the newer device, or if you still want the older model, you'll be able to buy it cheaper than now.
    08-18-10 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD