How did they miss that?

Apple's newly released FaceTime for Mac beta allows users to change their iTunes password without reentering their existing password, causing a potential security issue.

As noted by Patrick Woods of Macworld Germany, once a computer is set up for FaceTime, the associated iTunes password can be changed without reentering the current password. This would allow anyone with physical access to a user's computer the ability to change their iTunes password, and potentially take control of their account, without knowing the existing password.
    AppleInsider | iTunes password security in FaceTime for Mac beta draws concern
    10-21-10 10:58 AM
    It is labeled beta for a reason.

Also, I doubt anyone who I let use my computer would do that to me or even know about this issue. I don't have it installed anyway.
    10-21-10 11:53 AM
    yeh lets not overblow this like most apple stories, its a beta on a few Mac computers. Its not exactly earth shattering.
    10-21-10 04:23 PM
    Of course, if this were RIM you guys would be tearing them apart. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a password change setup that didn't ask for the old password, even in beta? Security with Apple is a joke. They even faked their encryption compliance...
    10-21-10 05:18 PM
    Shocker a BB fanboy came to bash Apple.

Its a VERY BETA product. Relax sheesh. This takes letting someone use your computer who actually knows this bug exists and letting them use your itunes for them to have the knowledge to do this. The odds are so low and Apple will surely fix it in the final product that's actually distributed. Every beta has bugs.
    10-21-10 06:20 PM
    Seems they fixed it.
    10-22-10 02:32 PM
    As expected on a BETA.

sorry BB fanboys, wait where's your video chat, oh you can't even do that!
    10-22-10 04:35 PM
    Um, what's the point in video chat again? Do you guys even use it? Don't many people have different phones so you can't use it? Its getting a little stuffy in here, can someone open the window? Will the ip5 have two cams as well? Do you use facetime just for your mom? Can you use chat roulette to watch guys **** it? Do you **** it to them jerking it if you can? Is ping from apple the most downloaded app from apple?
    I'm just asking questions, not bashing. Well, maybe lol. I will agree security does suck with apple, but at least when they here about it its fixed usually next day, so customer service is there. But I will stick with what I have because it suits me and my needs...sorry for the rant lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 10:29 PM
    So now you know what's best for people and how they should use their phones? Just because YOU dont see a use for the feature(s) doesnt mean nobody does. There are lots of uses for this: business- show someone a product, building, etc in real time; see loved ones that are far away, see a wife/significant other while away on business or in being in the military; etc etc etc. Lots of real uses, Im sorry your mind is too perverted to see the real uses.

And BTW pretty soon itll be able to connect with Android phones for video chat, and it can already be used for instant messengers. Where's BB? Oh wait theyre about 5 years behind while Apple and Android pass them up in the market.

Id rather have options, use them or not, then be on some stagnant platform with 5 year old hardware.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 10-24-10 at 10:55 PM.
    10-24-10 10:50 PM
    Its kinda dumb? Isn't that what a comp is for? There should be a limitation to phones, some stupid jackass will end up using facetime while they're driving, trust me. it really is a pointless feature.

Oh, did I not knock rim too? I thought I did, read it again. I did like the ip4 when playing with it, just not for me.

Btw, I like hoe you leave the 2 percent open for gaming lol, not trying to sound sarcastic

10-25-10 07:18 AM
    Its kinda dumb? Isn't that what a comp is for? There should be a limitation to phones, some stupid jackass will end up using facetime while they're driving, trust me. it really is a pointless feature.

Oh, did I not knock rim too? I thought I did, read it again. I did like the ip4 when playing with it, just not for me.

Btw, I like hoe you leave the 2 percent open for gaming lol, not trying to sound sarcastic

So by your logic we shouldn't have Email or TXT on our phones. Since some moron can use both of those things while they drive. For that matter we shouldn't even have smart phones, we should all be rolling around with a Razor. Since you don't use the iPhone I have to wonder why you make so many posts in the iPhone section.
    10-25-10 10:12 AM
    Its not that I like to argue, just when I'm not busy at work drinking my coffee listening to music on my bb its like a break table to me lol...crackberry addiction sucks, but I do break from it at least just to read till something catches my eye.

I'm not a complete fanboy of bb, just what suits me like iphone suits you. If I talked to these bb freaks all day it would get boring. Plus jobs never ceases to amaze me like his google rant lol...facetime I see useful in the right hands, but should be only corporate companies if its needed for business, not the general public in my eye.

10-25-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD