I am having trouble with adding any type of media into my iTunes.. I just purchased an iPhone4 and want to add ringtones into the appropriate folders and everything i drag into the ringtones/music folder wont allow anything to be added. My iphone is plugged in and it recognizes it but it looks like the whole left side toolbar options are greyed out like its inactive so i think this may have something to do with me not being able to add anything into itunes.

Im sure its a stupid simple solution but help would be appreciated
    10-29-10 04:20 PM
    Did you just simply try hitting File>Add Folder to Library. After the music is in your library, it is then accessible for your adding to your device. Ringtones are a different story. The extension must be .m4r
    10-29-10 04:32 PM
    Well the thing is... I cant even drag a song into my music library let alone a ringtone in the proper format. I dont know why every option on the left bar is greyed out like its inactive when my iphone is plugged in and recognized...
    10-29-10 04:42 PM
    Well the thing is... I cant even drag a song into my music library let alone a ringtone in the proper format. I dont know why every option on the left bar is greyed out like its inactive when my iphone is plugged in and recognized...
    In iTunes, did you go to the top menu bar to the "Store" option, select "authorize this computer"?

That may solve your problem.
    10-29-10 09:39 PM
    Already authorized... I just dont get it
    10-29-10 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD