This may sound like a stupid question, but can you use iTunes giftcards for purchasing apps from the app store? I'm only seeing an option at the bottom of certain categories that says redeem to redeem gift cards. I don't listen to music much and if I do I just use pandora, so it would be nice to use it for purchasing apps. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 10:18 AM
    Yes you can use it for app purchases. You have to redeem your gift card first and that puts a credit on your itunes acct.
    Open itunes and click itunes store. Your amount will show in the top right corner.
    That credit is good for movies,TV shows,podcast,apps,audio books & music
    11-07-09 10:25 AM
    Yes iTunes gift cards *say* they're used to buy music and don't mention apps or video at all on them, but you can buy anything in the iTunes store with $ redeemed from gift cards.
    11-07-09 12:45 PM
    Thanks, so this works the same by opening iTunes on my phone or do I need to go into iTunes on my pc?

11-07-09 02:10 PM
    In the US store you can however you can't do this in Canada, at least last time I checked, which was the end of August.
    11-07-09 02:54 PM
    From your iPhone. Open app store> Featured>new> scroll to the bottom and choose redeem .

11-07-09 06:11 PM
    I got an iPhone 3GS last Tuesday and am addicted to browsing in the apps store and making a list of those I'm interested in and might want to buy, and I was wondering the same thing about itunes gift cards being used to buy apps or if they're only good for buying music, videos, movies, etc. I was thinking about it today in CVS when I saw the itunes gift cards and I thank you for answering that question here. I look forward to being part of the iPhone community here and learning more from all of you. I am so glad that the iPhone is so user-friendly because I am the first person to admit that I am computer-stupid!

11-08-09 12:32 PM
    Welcome Dominogirl!!!
    11-08-09 01:06 PM
    if you dont wanna use it you can send it my way! :P
    11-08-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD