Hello I have a question about Itunes

What is the purpose of home sharing? does that mean we can share all the same songs, game, photos, apps, movies, etc??

I want to plug my boyfriends Iphone into my computer and use my itunes and put my songs on his phone, how do i do this?

I am afraid that when I plug in his phone it will do that sync thing and erase everything on his phone and or add everything from my itunes to his phone

please help!!!
    06-17-10 10:57 PM
    I'm really no expert at iTunes as I really
    don't sync music/media or use multiple
    users on my account. You should be
    able to sync just music, but ensure that
    music is the only section checked off to
    sync.

To be sure, go to TiPb and ask this
    question to be for certain, if an answer
    does not come from anyone here.
    06-18-10 12:39 AM
    Home sharing is a way of importing songs from one iTunes account to another. It will not let you move music between phones. The only way you could do that is to have two computers, he would have to import the songs that he wants to his iTunes on his computer. Home Share will NOT let you share apps though. My GF and I used to use this all the time, then we got Drop Box and we have found that method to work much better.
    06-18-10 04:18 AM
    Ok so basically... to make sure I understand

I have to take the songs off my computer and put them on his computer then he can put them on his phone..right

how am i ever going to do this LOL
    no flash drive, gosh that would make it easy!!
    06-18-10 03:17 PM
    lol or is there a way we can network our computers together that would be easy and we could have a shared folder (like we do at work) and he could just take them from there?
    06-18-10 03:18 PM
    technically your not taking them off yours, you are just copying it to his computer and authorizing his account to play songs you have purchesed.
    06-18-10 03:22 PM
    lol or is there a way we can network our computers together that would be easy and we could have a shared folder (like we do at work) and he could just take them from there?
    Check out this link. I think you will find that this wee suit your needs well.
    https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTcxOTAxMzc5
    06-18-10 06:16 PM
    ok well i still dont understand lol so ill buy a flash drive... ty
    06-18-10 06:18 PM
    ok well i still dont understand lol so ill buy a flash drive... ty
    It's super simple, you and your BF both set up Drop Box on your computers and then you can share files with each other. The cool thing about it is that you don't have to be in the same place, that way if you are not near each other you can still share music and photos and whatever else you want to share. PM if you want and I can give you my Yahoo IM so that I can walk you guys through the set up.
    06-18-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD