I know this is the iPhone section but I didn't know where else to put it. I was wondering if you think it's a good idea to get an iTouch, since the battery life on the Storm 2 is pretty bad. If so I was also wondering how big do you think I should buy it? I was thinking of 64GB, but then again it's doesn't seem necessary to get that much. Since I do have a Storm 2, I don't see the point in getting an iPhone 3Gs, unless I get it with a contract upgrade next year between March - August.

I do listen to music a lot, which I can't do much on the Storm 2, after about 15-30 minutes of music and 1 or 2 calls, my battery is already down 1/4. I don't really watch movies on my Storm 2, but I guess I would on the iTouch if I got one. I do use a lot of apps such as, Facebook, MSN, Skype etc. I have a lot of friends abroad who I talk to daily through these things.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 12-24-09 at 06:52 AM.
    12-24-09 06:45 AM
    I just got my iTouch today, its the best thing I have ever had. I have the 8gb, I thought about getting a 32 or 64, but didn't seem to need the extra space. Sense you can put only what you want on it, I would say if you have a lot of songs that you must have that is more than 4 or 5gb, I would go bigger than 8gb. I have 5gb or of songs but only 1.5gb that I listen to. I have 47 apps. right now and plan on getting more. Unlike the Storm 2, the iTouch can have as many apps as you can get on it. Most of the apps need Wifi, so you will need that. The apps are one of the thing why i went with the iTouch. I have a ipod nano 4gen. and the iTouch is way better, the screen is the prefect size and is so easy to use.
    12-24-09 11:52 AM
    I have a 16gb iphone and i have about close to 60 apps. about 1-2 gigs of games and apps. I have about 100 songs. no movies. The apps alone can entertain you for a very long time.
    12-24-09 11:56 AM
    I just got my iTouch today, its the best thing I have ever had.

Definitely agree, i bought an 8gb iTouch at Costco a few months ago and it is hands down one of the best things i have ever bought. I have a 120gb ipod classis and also am 8 gig nano but since getting the itouch i almost never use those unless snowboarding (nano so i dont break the touch) or going on a long trip where i want all of my music (i have about 100gb of music). The iTouch is like a mini computer that fits in your pocket. Even with a blackberry (which i love also) I still carry it with me. The apps on it are awesome especially the facebook app that includes chat. Another thing that is great is how easy it is to use. The music setup on it is like no other portable music player I have ever used (even other ipods) Definitely the best device for music and tons of other stuff also. The size would just depend on what you want i went with the 8gb just because i only put a few playlists on at a time. If you are thinking you are going to watch videos on it i would say go for a 32 or 64gb. Also be sure to get a case to protect it, i have this case and it works perfect. The itouch is so thin to start with that eve with the silicon case it is still smaller than my blackberry. Anyway this was a lot of info but to answer your question, yes i would definitely say it is worth buying.
    12-24-09 02:48 PM
    Oh haha cool, nice responses Looking at my Storm 2 atm, I have 1.4gb of music and 200 MB of pictures, so I'm guessing maybe I should just get a 8GB or 16GB? The watching movies does sound like a good idea to get a 64GB but then at the end of the day, wouldn't it just be better to just watch it on PC if anything? Also seeing as it's coming up to the end of the year, do you think the prices will drop for January sales? I saw a 8GB iTouch in Currys for �150 but then when I check Apple Store, I can buy it online for �125 and it can be engraved too lol. I still wonder why the iTouch gets such good reviews and the iPhone doesn't compared to the Storm 2 (unless I'm looking at reviews in the wrong places lol).
    12-24-09 05:40 PM
    +1 for the iTouch. I have the BB Tour and was skeptical about getting an iTouch. I did it and don't regret it. The iTouch blows the BB away on performance and user interface. I'm getting an iPhone as soon as Verizon gets it! What a great device.
    12-25-09 09:01 AM
    ipod touch is very cool- great alternative to getting the iphone and keeping the blackberry
    12-25-09 09:07 AM
    I jus got a iTouch and I love it. I have a tour and love that also but the touch is the best thing when it comes to media. I also have a 16g nano which I use for the car/gym since its so small. I have over 3000 songs and I'm always downloading so I got a 32g touch. I was thinking about a iPhone but I still want a blackberry so that was the best way to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 09:52 AM
    I was thinking about getting an upgrade to iPhone since there isn't something like a BlackBerry Storm 3 and probably wont be, but that's not until next year around July. I would still use my Storm 2 because I just love using BlackBerry Messenger and 90% of my friends have BlackBerries so it's the best way to keep contact with quick messages. So do you recommend 16gb for someone who just wants to use it for music, facebook, MSN and things? I live in England so the $200 is roughly about �185 for me. Also is Apple Store the best place to buy it from? If so, I may just order one now lol.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...-touch-386372/

i had an ipod touch for about 4 months. It was cool, and its hard to beat it on the music playback and stuff. Also there are all the stupid pointless apps for it, and some useful ones. However as soon as i got my storm 2 and loaded her up with music i found myself just leaving the ipod on my desk. I have a universal itrip thats basically just a 3.5mm headphone jack and i use that to play my storm 2 through my car stereo. the playback is not quite as good, but only carrying one device around is worth it for me. I ended up selling my ipod on ebay
    Posts like this make me wonder if it's worth getting the iTouch lol.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 12-25-09 at 11:11 AM.
    12-25-09 11:08 AM
    I got mine from Amazon for $180 free shipping. I don't know if they ship to England for free or not. For MSN you will not find it on an Apple device, MSN is Microsoft.
    12-25-09 02:34 PM
    I got mine from Amazon for $180 free shipping. I don't know if they ship to England for free or not. For MSN you will not find it on an Apple device, MSN is Microsoft.
    Yeah I know, by MSN I mean E-Buddy etc. I think shipping is free, if not, it won't be too much anyway. I'm just still deciding whether or not I should order it. I don't wanna order it and then a few hours or a day later be like "Oh I don't want it now". Trying to save up for a holiday too, so I'm trying not to spend too much money.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 12-25-09 at 03:21 PM.
    12-25-09 03:14 PM
    I will just say, for me i love it and its not going to be out of my hands anytime soon. Its just alot of fun, if you have the money. I have been saving for it for a while now. So I guess you will just have to make up your own mind.
    12-25-09 04:59 PM
    I had one for about a month and took it back. Its fun to play with and watching movies on it is great! However, I listen to music on my Berry, I'm not near wifi til I get home, and I don't like carrying another device with me (personal Berry and work nextel usually). I would recommend at least a 32gb as it and the 64gb are the most up to date as I recall.

12-25-09 05:10 PM
    I really like mine, I have the 32GB one. I find myself using my Curve more though, and mainly use the iPod Touch for playing music in the car.

12-25-09 10:44 PM
    Cool, I was thinking of getting one right now (not ordering online, I wanted it for engraving but then that reduces chances of selling if I want to). I was doing research about iTouch and Storm 2, by the looks of it, the Storm 2 has more advantages over the iTouch. It probably is better for music and movies because you can go higher than 8gb but I apparently it can multi task with apps etc?

SanDisk | Products | Mobile Memory

Also does the SDHC 16GB memory card work in the Storm 2? I heard cards higher than 8 gb tend to break the phone.
    12-26-09 06:31 AM
    I'm currently in Argos as they have up to 50% sale (itouch is full price but not nano) I told the lady at the counter to cancel the itouch as I'm still deciding whether to get 32GB for �229 or �300 with 3 year warranty or not bother. My bbm list said its not worth getting but agree that the s2 has **** battery power

Edit: warranty ones are out of stock
    12-26-09 10:50 AM
    Bumped for more opinions. To be honest I'm thinking of just buying an iPhone online, unlocked. My contract doesn't expire until 21st Dec and I'm getting tired of the neverending buggy updates and Crapberry accessories breaking ALL the time. The only pro I can see right now is BBM.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 01-20-10 at 06:52 AM.
    01-20-10 06:27 AM
    I have an 8gb Touch and absolutely love it. It lets me play with all the apps iPhone users rave about (well most of them anyway) but I still get to keep my beloved bb. My brother gave me this and I already had a 120 gb classic I use for the gym and beatin around. So I mainly have apps and my most favorite albums on the Touch. Best of both worlds imo.
    Last edited by thosialg08; 01-20-10 at 02:08 PM.
    01-20-10 02:05 PM
    Just save yourself some time and get the iPhone. After having the touch you'll probably say to yourself "I might as well get the iPhone". Perfect all in one device instead of walking around with 2. I couldn't have said that before OS 3.0. But right now, it's an all in one. Get it.
    01-20-10 02:47 PM
    I've contemplated getting an unlocked iPhone before deciding on buying my iPod Touch and can say the iPod is a better investment for me considering I'm normally around WiFi so I save $30/month. I thought it would be a hassle to carry my phone and iPod around but it actually isn't since the iPod is so thin. Oh, and I've had an iPhone for a month in the past but 3G wasn't much of a need considering I always used it on WiFi. Although, I agree with you that it feels better to have an all in one device.

@OP, if you're normally around WiFi, then get the iPod. The iPhone and iPod Touch are essentially the same, minus the phone/cellular network and camera.
    Yeah it's not a big hassle. I used to carry a Bold and my iPhone together. But after 3.0 there was no need. Only reason we carry 2 devices is because we feel like one of the devices is lacking in an area. And they may be true for you. For me, after 3.0, the iPhone did everything a blackberry does except on better. I have mobileme so I have push email. So IMO opinion, right now there's no need to carry both. But hey, everyone has their different needs. But right now, I can't see why someone needs both unless they feel they can't deal with texting and email on a touchscreen. Other than that, don't see the point. But again, that's me.

OP...... once you get the touch, you'll want an iPhone
    01-20-10 03:07 PM
    I find I can't use a iphone as a everything device because of poor battery life. Hence where the BB, Touch thing comes into play.
    01-20-10 03:46 PM
    I find I can't use a iphone as a everything device because of poor battery life. Hence where the BB, Touch thing comes into play.
    Yeah battery life was an issue for me prior to 3.0 and the 3GS. But with the 3GS battery life is way better than the 3G. And besides, I work in an office at a computer all day. So if I needed to charge my battery, no big deal. But I realize that's not everyone's situation. So it just depends on the person and their needs. I'm just glad not to be carrying 2 devices anymore.

The only reason I stuck with blackberry until last summer was lack of landscape keyboard and no MMS on the iPhone. BBM wasn't really an issue because my friends are all over the place lol. But once it got that functionality and then they came out with a faster one with better battery life, it was a no brainer for me. It's kind of funny though, because before the iPhone came out one device was enough. But after it (and the touch) it made us realize how inadequate our devices are. I know there are thousands of people walking around with 2 devices now.
    01-20-10 03:55 PM
    Yeah, that's another thing, how is the battery life? I find that my battery runs down quick on the Storm 2 (I use it a lot, it's always charging when I'm in class). I was looking at iPhones on different sites and came across a Chinese 32GB unlocked for �140, I'm pretty sure it's that fake a88 iPhone or Hi-Phone .
    01-20-10 03:56 PM
    I know this is the iPhone section but I didn't know where else to put it. I was wondering if you think it's a good idea to get an iTouch, since the battery life on the Storm 2 is pretty bad. If so I was also wondering how big do you think I should buy it? I was thinking of 64GB, but then again it's doesn't seem necessary to get that much. Since I do have a Storm 2, I don't see the point in getting an iPhone 3Gs, unless I get it with a contract upgrade next year between March - August.

I do listen to music a lot, which I can't do much on the Storm 2, after about 15-30 minutes of music and 1 or 2 calls, my battery is already down 1/4. I don't really watch movies on my Storm 2, but I guess I would on the iTouch if I got one. I do use a lot of apps such as, Facebook, MSN, Skype etc. I have a lot of friends abroad who I talk to daily through these things.
    IMHO I think you should just wait and get the iPhone when you upgrade hits. The battery life on iPhone is not great but I use mine all day and really do not have many issues. On average listen to about 30 min of music and play 10-15 mins of games in any given day. Even on a heavy use day I can make it till about 11pm from 8am without having to charge it.
    01-20-10 03:59 PM
    You'll be thrilled if you get an itouch. I use the bb tour and have a 16gb itouch as well. I use mine mostly for music and killing time. The apps are phenominal and the internet is crazy fast w/ a wifi connection. I found that 16gb was more than enough for me. Just take a closer look at your itunes and figure out how much you'll realistically need. Good luck w/ the decision. You won't regret it, I promise you that.

01-22-10 08:30 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD