Not sure if this is the proper place for this, or if iTouch questions are even addressed on CB. But I got my GF an iTouch as an early X-Mas gift today and while B-Sing with the salesman at BestBuy he told us "on the low" that you can crack the device and get apps for free. Just wondering if there was any truth to this and if anyone could point me in the right direction to get this started?
    11-07-09 09:49 PM
    He's talking about jailbreaking. This is something very well known about iPhone and iPod touch. It's hacking the iPod in order to have access to programs and stuff that apple doesn't allow. If you do this, make sure if you ever have an issue with it and need to take to an Apple store, hook it up to itunes and restore because they will not help you with a jailbroken device, it voids the warranty. You can jailbreak it again afterwards. Also there are a bunch of free apps in the app store as well.

See the below link for info and tutorials

iClarified - Tutorials - iPod touch
    11-07-09 10:10 PM
    I see! I was reading about jailbreaking a bit after I posted this, but wassn't sure if this is what he meant. Thanks a bunch.
    11-07-09 10:14 PM
    jailbreak and have cydia =]
    11-13-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD