Anybody ever experience an issue when a contact calls you get the number and not the name? Also happening with SMS.

Setup Gmail holds all my contacts in the cloud, international assist is off.

A contact called me last night and there number came up as (xxx)xxx-xxxx

Contact in contact list was 1 (xxx)xxx-xxxx
    11-04-11 07:41 AM
    try taking the "1" off the front of the number and see if that helps associate the correct number with the contact...
    11-04-11 08:50 AM
    Yeah I did and it still is doing it I may export all of my contacts from google and do some csv work.....
    11-04-11 08:51 AM
    thanks Rock.

Just went into my gmail account and fixed the contacts that had +1 in front of them.......
    11-04-11 08:57 AM
    glad you fixed your issue. i always prefer to sync contacts with my gmail. i dont use icloud for that
    11-04-11 09:51 AM
    I have been using gmail. they got bumbled up some how we will see how it plays out.
    11-04-11 10:01 AM
    I had a glitch just a couple hours ago. A client sent me a text, but their name wasn't displayed, only the phone # the text came from. Fortunately I could readily identify them based on area code. They've been in my contacts for a couple years now, and made sure they were in my Contacts when I set up this phone. Anyway, I was looking around after the text came in and the client's entry was not in my address book anymore. Even stranger still, their # was showing up as an alternate # for the contact next to them in my address book. I didn't Edit either entry at anytime, so it wasn't a mistake I made. Hope it's a one time fluke, what a nightmare that would create.
    11-04-11 10:29 AM
    Anybody ever experience an issue when a contact calls you get the number and not the name?
    Sorry AP, meant to also suggest checking your adjacent contacts, see if any of their info somehow landed there, like it did in my situation.
    11-04-11 10:31 AM
    No sweat....I think I have mine fixed....only time will tell........
    11-04-11 10:44 AM
    is icloud a good thing to have? i dont want another app sucking up memory on my device. or is it better to have my gmail sync with my phone?
    11-04-11 03:52 PM
    is icloud a good thing to have? i dont want another app sucking up memory on my device. or is it better to have my gmail sync with my phone?
    i just use it to sync my apps/camera roll/settings/documents/etc. you can have icloud off and when u leave phone charging connected to wifi before you go to sleep u can back up automatically. thats what i do. then during day it is off. i sync my contacts with gmail. icloud came in handy when i restored my iphone 2-3 times to fix this battery issue
    11-04-11 04:00 PM
    I have yet to successfully use iCloud to back up my phone. It just sits there after I hit "backup".
    11-06-11 01:26 PM
    All is well with my contacts. Stupid leading 1. iCloud backup works fine for me.

Did you set it up on the phone?
    11-06-11 02:17 PM
    thanks Rock.

Just went into my gmail account and fixed the contacts that had +1 in front of them.......
    no problem..

I have a similar issue with my Blackberry.. when the wife calls I get "Unknown Caller" even though the phone/contact name is in there.. I'll be using Google Sync once I finally get my iP4S...
    11-06-11 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD