I downloaded a game. I played maybe an hour continuous and I get a 20% left battery warning on my 3rd gen ipod touch! Thats terrible! Of course it is using processor, bright screen etc, but 1 hour!? Or is there something wrong with my ipod touch that I should get RMA for?
    05-06-10 12:37 PM
    Just get an extra battery and swap it out when needed Or always sit next to an outlet so you can charge it.
    05-06-10 12:43 PM
    you can't change the battery on the touch! Just external things and they are all pretty bad looking!
    05-06-10 12:50 PM
    Seems very strange to me that a device would be made without a removable battery, and then that people would buy it! What is this world coming to?
    05-06-10 01:03 PM
    I downloaded a game. I played maybe an hour continuous and I get a 20% left battery warning on my 3rd gen ipod touch! Thats terrible! Of course it is using processor, bright screen etc, but 1 hour!? Or is there something wrong with my ipod touch that I should get RMA for?
    =========
    To preserve the battery, keep it on auto lock so when you're not playing or using it, it will go into sleep mode.
    05-09-10 01:53 PM
    When playing games, the battery life is horrendous. Nothing you can really do about it, besides stay near an outlet. The battery life is decent when browsing and stuff, but games will suck the life out of the battery in less than 2 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 03:55 PM
    Yes games really can suck the battery life right out of the iTouch. One thing that I would suggest to the OP is to turn the screen down a couple of notches. This will really help with the issue that you are having. Also try to keep in mind that the average user of an iTouch of iPhone is not playing games for an hour at one time, they tend to play in short 10-20 minute spurts. I don't really like playing games on my iPhone or my iTouch but I many people that do and they all seem to be getting more out of their battery then you are.
    05-10-10 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD