I've been using an iPod Touch for the past few days and it beats the Storm hands down in terms of web surfing! Anyone else have this experience?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 08:13 PM
    I've been using an iPod Touch for the past few days and it beats the Storm hands down in terms of web surfing! Anyone else have this experience?

You bet. I used to carry an iPod with my old 9700 and I'd use the iPod more when at home because the browser and screen on it was better than the 9700's.
    04-14-10 08:14 PM
    Yes, I have one to. It really is no comparison it has tons of apps and the surfing is awesome. The only thing I dont like is a hotspot is needed for wifi. Other than that its great to have!!!
    04-14-10 08:16 PM
    You bet. I used to carry an iPod with my old 9700 and I'd use the iPod more when at home because the browser and screen on it was better than the 9700's.
    Is there an option for tethering your ipod with your phone??
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-14-10 at 08:39 PM. Reason: To put posts back in order
    04-14-10 08:17 PM
    Don't think so.
    04-14-10 08:18 PM
    The web surfing is better. But who needs a 100,000 apps.

04-14-10 08:45 PM
    It would be nice to have a few that were killer, which BB doesn't have.

04-14-10 08:50 PM
    The web surfing is better. But who needs a 100,000 apps.

I like the App Store but I barely use it. Gotta be honest on that. Same goes with the Android market. I like knowing I can download any app I want though.

The web browser is what sold me when I first got an iPod Touch.
    04-14-10 08:52 PM
    I will say that if/when I get a Storm 2 with WiFi I will have few complaints with BB. I have found that I use mostly web apps, and web support for Apple is much better. Just look at Google's rich web experience on the BB versus any Apple product!

04-14-10 08:57 PM
    I love my iPod Touch also. I always wanted the iPhone, but hate AT&T which is why I bought the touch. After 1 year, I've decided I'm going to jump ship to the iPhone if it comes out on Verizon though. The BB is great, but I'm more of a media guy, and the iPhone is just better for that.

04-14-10 11:46 PM
    My iPod touch + BB 9700 is the winning combo for me!

04-15-10 03:58 AM
    This morning, I bought two iTouchs for my kids...tonight, I am upstairs with one of them....and she aint getting it back till tomorrow lol
    04-18-10 06:03 PM
    iPod touch is a great device. But after using it for a while, it makes you want an iPhone.
    04-18-10 06:08 PM
    This morning, I bought two iTouchs for my kids...tonight, I am upstairs with one of them....and she aint getting it back till tomorrow lol
    Hahah, yeah, I couldn't put my iPod down the first day I got it. ****, I couldn't put it down for the first week I got it.
    04-18-10 06:09 PM
    Hahah, yeah, I couldn't put my iPod down the first day I got it. ****, I couldn't put it down for the first week I got it.
    I've had my touch for almost a year and I STILL haven't put it down. I'm using it right now for Pandora, because I find it works the best on it; better than my Blackberry and better than the PC. And after seeing how well multi-tasking works on OS 4.0, I'm ready for my contract to run out. Only 5 more months!

The only bummer is that the OS 4.0 will NOT give me multi-tasking on my iPod Touch 2G, only on the 3G touch will get it

Still, I don't care, because I plan to sell my touch the minute they confirm a CDMA iPhone on Verizon.
    04-18-10 07:53 PM
    iPod touch = my main reason for getting a iPhone
    04-19-10 09:51 AM
    My iPod touch + BB 9700 is the winning combo for me!

I totally agree. For me, the BB 9700 (Batman) + Ipod touch (Robin) = Dynamic Duo.
    04-20-10 07:50 AM
    Does anyone know a free voip calling app (besides Icall app)? I have skype but something that's 100% free voip calling.
    04-20-10 07:52 AM
    I totally agree. For me, the BB 9700 (Batman) + Ipod touch (Robin) = Dynamic Duo.
    That is a great combo but some people prefer to carry just one device like myself.
    04-20-10 07:56 AM
    9630, MIFI card and iTouch everywhere I go. iTouch for web browsing, games and podcasts/music. Berry for email and phone calls of course. Going to try out the Evo 4G when it comes out it will eliminate the MIFI card as it is its own WIFI hotspot. If Sprint charges too much for the hotspot option I'll just root the phone and do it for free :-) I would like to reduce down to one device but I listen to music and podcasts all day at work and my Berry can only go about six hours before the battery dies when I use the mp3 player all day. The itouch can go a full 8 hour work day and an hour to and from work.
    Last edited by stoneworrior; 04-20-10 at 02:57 PM.
    04-20-10 02:55 PM
    iPod touch = my main reason for getting a iPhone
    Funny how its my main reason for not getting an iPhone. iPod Touch is a great device, but I'm not interested in games and web surfing on small screens sucks.

I'm now waiting for the iPad to launch here in Canada and then with my BB I"m good to go.
    04-20-10 05:10 PM
    Funny how its my main reason for not getting an iPhone. iPod Touch is a great device, but I'm not interested in games and web surfing on small screens sucks.

I'm now waiting for the iPad to launch here in Canada and then with my BB I"m good to go.
    Web surfing on a 3.5+inch touchscreen is awesome. Idk what you're talking about. Sometimes I don't even use my laptop because I can surf the net on my Droid.

Tablets = waste IMO...

I'll never buy a tablet because I prefer laptops.
    04-20-10 05:24 PM
    Web surfing on a 3.5+inch touchscreen is awesome. Idk what you're talking about. Sometimes I don't even use my laptop because I can surf the net on my Droid.

Tablets = waste IMO...

I'll never buy a tablet because I prefer laptops.
    I only use my iPhone to search the web when I'm away from my laptop. Other than that, I would never use my iPhone over my laptop for web browsing, unless I had no wifi around me.
    04-20-10 05:50 PM
    I only use my iPhone to search the web when I'm away from my laptop. Other than that, I would never use my iPhone over my laptop for web browsing, unless I had no wifi around me.
    So do I. I was just using that to show how enjoyable the browsing was.
    04-20-10 06:09 PM
    I use mine for surfing the web or playing games when I am out and about with my wife. This past Sunday she spent four hours shopping (I was responsible for the cart) and if it wasn't for surfing the web on my iTouch, listening to Leo Laporte and playing need for speed shift on it I would have killed myself. Even though the screen is small playing need for speed on it is fun!
    04-20-10 07:27 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD