Glad to heard about this. IPhone users are idiots and someone should show them how idiots they are....

Proudly Z10 owner
    And I have to tell you that to put them all in the same bag without knowing why they choose Apple, you are even worse than them.
    It's not because you have a blackberry that it's the best phone ever.

Posted via my french Q10
    05-29-14 10:49 AM
    And I have to tell you that to put them all in the same bag without knowing why they choose Apple, you are even worse than them.
    It's not because you have a blackberry that it's the best phone ever.

Posted via my french Q10
    +1

Anyone who makes generalizations like that, clearly isn't well informed.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    opalma likes this.
    05-29-14 10:51 AM

Posted via CB10

Totally off topic...sorry....saw the username and thought you were me till I realised I hadn't posted lol
    05-29-14 11:03 AM
    Since this could happen to us through BlackBerry Protect I wouldn't be so quote to point and laugh.
    This simple can't happend on BB10 because if you lock the phone and change the pin via BB Protect, can unlock your phone with picture password.
    05-29-14 12:04 PM
    This simple can't happend on BB10 because if you lock the phone and change the pin via BB Protect, can unlock your phone with picture password.
    Ahhhh no!

First you would have to using picture password, and not everyone is. (I am, but that's not the point)

Secondly without knowing the pin you can't do anything. Picture password only is only used to access the device from the lock screen. Everything else still asks you for the pin.

05-29-14 12:09 PM
    So... I take it there still isn't a two step authentication process for BlackBerry accounts then? I searched and didn't find anything and no one here said otherwise so I'm guessing they don't offer it.

That's kind of ironic isn't it? BlackBerry is supposed to be all about security, yet they don't offer the account security options that Google, Apple and Microsoft (along with many other companies) do offer?

They should implement it as soon as possible.
    What's ironic is Apple and android have all that and are still hacked. Talk about not knowing how to implement security! I think blackberry has it in their sights, as they have never been hacked with their ironic lower security
    05-29-14 12:15 PM
    Ahhhh no!

First you would have to using picture password, and not everyone is. (I am, but that's not the point)

Secondly without knowing the pin you can't do anything. Picture password only is only used to access the device from the lock screen. Everything else still asks you for the pin.

But you can always change the PIN via BB Protect, and even if the hacker change the BB ID password, you can make the recovery procedure to change the BB ID Password again and access to BB Protect
    05-29-14 12:25 PM
    But you can always change the PIN via BB Protect, and even if the hacker change the BB ID password, you can make the recovery procedure to change the BB ID Password again and access to BB Protect
    Unless the person changes the BlackBerry ID recovery information.

05-29-14 12:46 PM
    Unless the person changes the BlackBerry ID recovery information.

The same... the BB ID password recovey procedure only ask a captcha and your registred email address and send the instruccions via Email...
    And if you say that also the hacker change the email access data.... then in that specific scenario, simply buy and iPhone/Android because the user doesn't care about personal data security and don't deserve owned a Blackberry.... lol
    05-29-14 01:53 PM
    The same... the BB ID password recovey procedure only ask a captcha and your registred email address and send the instruccions via Email...
    And if you say that also the hacker change the email access data.... then in that specific scenario, simply buy and iPhone/Android because the user doesn't care about personal data security and don't deserve owned a Blackberry.... lol
    No. To change the bbid password asks for your secret question which you have to give an answer. BlackBerry gas this security on lock.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    05-29-14 02:18 PM
    BlackBerry Protect App features:
    • Contacts, text messages, calendar, and bookmarks can be backed up wirelessly
    • Back up done automatically and as often as you choose (daily, weekly or monthly)
    • Locate your phone via GPS

Remotely:
    • Wipe your phone
    • Send messages to phone
    • Activate loud ringer
    • Lock and change password

Oh never mind, you're probably just new to BlackBerry and never got a chance to use it on legacy devices. On BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry Protect is a joke. But on the older devices, it indeed can be used to take BlackBerry devices hostage. I know, because I've actually done it. Once you've changed their passwords, they aren't getting back in and their data will be wiped after so many failed attempts.
    You are wrong. Why are you taking it so personal? Firstly, I've used the 8520, 9300, 9810 and 9860 before using BlackBerry 10. To change the password online u need to answer the secret question set by you and only then would it let you. The happens when trying to change the bbid too. BlackBerry10 has this sorted. And for your info.. BlackBerry Protect does everything bbos does bar the better back up functionality which I hope they will dort out soon.

You're so uninformed.

Last edited by BlackB_G; 05-29-14 at 02:47 PM.
    05-29-14 02:23 PM
    You are wrong. Why are you taking it so personal. Firstly
    I've used the 8520, 9810 and 9860 before using BlackBerry 10. To change the password on line u need to answer the secret question set by you and only then would it let you. The happens when trying to change the bbid. BlackBerry10 has this sorted. And for your info.. BlackBerry Protect does everything bbos foes bar the back up.

You're so uninformed.

I know... but we are discussing the highly improbably scenario where the hacker changes the BB ID access credentials and hijack a BlackBerry phone...

And not is for taking "personal" (well, a little... I'm a diehard BlackBerry user :P) , but if you always think in the worst case scenario, you would be ready to response quickly and efficiently to any challenge

From BB Z10...
    05-29-14 02:33 PM
    I know... but we are discussing the highly improbably scenario where the hacker changes the BB ID access credentials and hijack a BlackBerry phone...

And not is for taking "personal" (well, a little... I'm a diehard BlackBerry user :P) , but if you always think in the worst case scenario, you would be ready to response quickly and efficiently to any challenge

From BB Z10...
    No mate. Look at the op of the Raddin fuse I replied to and you'll see he was talking about just logging into protect and doing the same like is possible on an iPhone.

05-29-14 02:49 PM
    No mate. Look at the op of the Raddin fuse I replied to and you'll see he was talking about just logging into protect and doing the same like is possible on an iPhone.

The thing is that it is within the realm of possibilities that this could occur with BlackBerry. I just feel that people are too quick to jump on this as being something that is inherently due to Apple's lack of security. We all know that BlackBerry is more secure than iOS, but let's not act as if Apple leaves the door wide open with a sign saying, " Welcome criminals, come steal our users' data."

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Witmen and Katika99 like this.
    05-29-14 03:28 PM
    The thing is that it is within the realm of possibilities that this could occur with BlackBerry. I just feel that people are too quick to jump on this as being something that is inherently due to Apple's lack of security. We all know that BlackBerry is more secure than iOS, but let's not act as if Apple leaves the door wide open with a sign saying, " Welcome criminals, come steal our users' data."

I understand that. However, what I'm on about has nothing to do with that. My original post was just stating that you can't just use BlackBerry Protect to hold a BlackBerry phone to ransom and he got all touchy going on about me being clueless and probably using a BlackBerry phone for the first time with BlackBerry 10. That's all I'm on about.. setting him straight. I have no issue with anything anyone else is discussing on this thread.

05-29-14 03:36 PM
    I understand that. However, what I'm on about has nothing to do with that. My original post was just stating that you can't just use BlackBerry Protect to hold a BlackBerry phone to ransom and he got all touchy going on about me being clueless and probably using a BlackBerry phone for the first time with BlackBerry 10. That's all I'm on about.. setting him straight. I have no issue with anything anyone else is discussing on this thread.

Yes, understand that.

People on here get very touchy sometimes. It's unfortunate.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    05-29-14 03:44 PM
    You never tried to load a leak on the legacy devices. I did it several times and it was always wiped clean.
    I think you missed his main point. If your BlackBerry is already locked and you don't know the password, than how will you connect it to a computer to load a leaked OS? No matter what you say, that is impossible.

Are you claiming that when you used to load leaked OSes on a password enabled, legacy device you weren't asked for the device password as soon as you launched application loader?

If that's the case, BlackBerry had a huge security flaw back then and you had the most unique BlackBerry ever made.

Loading a leaked OS can't be used to wipe a password that you don't know simply because it is required to know the password before you can load any OS onto the device.
    05-30-14 07:22 AM

The most insecure aspect about of a device will always be the user. Look at all the viruses on Windows. I've used that OS for over a decade and have never gotten any viruses, or spyware or malware that I know of. Because I don't do dumb stuff on my PC and I take precautions to prevent it.

I'm sure the people with hacked iPhones could have taken steps to prevent the hack from happening.
    05-30-14 07:33 AM
    Or...don't use iCloud...
    05-30-14 11:57 AM
    Apple security is an absolute joke.
    06-04-14 10:24 PM
    Apple security is an absolute joke.
    Because some people can't keep up with their passwords? Tell me about the exploit you discovered that allowed you unfettered access into somebody's iCloud account.
    06-05-14 02:50 AM
71 123