That might be avt123, but it is also hyperbole to suggest that it needs more memory in my opinion. I didn't hear you declaring that in regard to the android phones this past spring. One more thing in defense of BB, you don't know what the new BB browser will do for speed. All that being said, clearly every platform has strengths and weaknesses and BB definitely has weaknesses. But, if this is true then it is a major oversight...I mean we do need to use it as a phone too right?
    I've never had a problem with app memory on my Droid, which has less than the N1, that is why I haven't complained. My Droid doesn't leak memory so i do not have to worry. I also have more apps on my Droid than I did on any of my BBs and ran into no problems so that is another reason why I never complained. Also, Apps2SD around before Froyo (root only, never used it then), so if I did get any problems I was able to go to that. BB doesn't have that luxury. My 9700 leaked memory like crazy. Started with 102mb after a restart and ended with around 50mb at the end of the day (well above the bare minimum, but a big enough leak to be dissatisfied).

I don't know how the RIM browser will work, but to be honest, low specs wont help it. These new devices render pages so fast because the power they have. The higher I overclock my Droid, the faster it render webpages. We will see how RIM does, any increase in speed is better than what it is now.

I wish RIM luck, I do not hate them. I would just like to see more from them. I loved my Bold 9000.
    06-23-10 08:13 PM
    Fair enough. My 9700 holds steady at 128. I have no leaks and it is fast. But the main thing is, like you said, we found something we like and competition is always good.
    06-23-10 08:16 PM
    Fair enough. My 9700 holds steady at 128. I have no leaks and it is fast. But the main thing is, like you said, we found something we like and competition is always good.
    Exactly. The more competition the better. It only gets better for the consumer that way, and sparks more innovation.
    06-23-10 09:06 PM
    At least its a sweet looking paperweight...who cares about the radio anyways...Apple doesn't care about its ability to make phone calls...what are those? I might buy one of these for my son...his DSi is getting a little worn out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 09:30 PM
    got my iphone 4 today along with my wife. Neither of our phones have yellow tint or any dropped calls from holding the phone. Honestly, Lets see rim launch a single phone that called for 600,000 at launch and see no defects. You fanboys need to get a life because you sound the way you make apple fanboys out to be.
    06-23-10 09:38 PM
    Amazingly, all the people on here dissing the iPhone show owning devices other than the iPhone. Makes me wonder if anything they have to say is in ANY WAY CREDIBLE. My guess is, probably not.
    06-23-10 09:42 PM
    iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?

WOW Epic Fail

Apple fanboys are blaming the display of the reception and software

LOL clearly a hardware issue

Blackberry FTW
    Is English your second language, or did you type that in a hurry?
    If you're going to take the time to be an immature ****, do it right.

There may well be an issue (though I highly doubt they would miss this in their field trials).
    But let's also keep in mind that these are devices which aren't supposed to be activated yet.
    06-23-10 09:53 PM
    Amazingly, all the people on here dissing the iPhone show owning devices other than the iPhone. Makes me wonder if anything they have to say is in ANY WAY CREDIBLE. My guess is, probably not.
    I have a BB 9700 and a 3GS...the BB is my messaging/phone/communications device...the 3GS is my apps/web/gaming device

The "phone" on the 3GS is crap but it is a fun toy to play with...they are two distinctly different products for two very different markets...if BB ever figures out media, web and apps it would be game over for me for Apple products...there are however some things on the BB that Apple just can't compete with

06-23-10 09:58 PM
    I have a BB 9700 and a 3GS...the BB is my messaging/phone/communications device...the 3GS is my apps/web/gaming device

The "phone" on the 3GS is crap but it is a fun toy to play with...they are two distinctly different products for two very different markets...if BB ever figures out media, web and apps it would be game over for me for Apple products...there are however some things on the BB that Apple just can't compete with

if they are two different markets then why would rim every want to figure out those things? See the problem is everyone says rim is a different market but the fact is rim doesn't want to be a different market, thats just how the community sees them. Until rim drops the os they will never win and even if they do there not going to take over. Apple has already dominated and thats on carrier in the us. If they go free to others then kiss the competition goodbye.
    06-23-10 10:15 PM
    I wish I could determine my life's worth based on the phone I own.
    06-23-10 10:38 PM
    if they are two different markets then why would rim every want to figure out those things? See the problem is everyone says rim is a different market but the fact is rim doesn't want to be a different market, thats just how the community sees them. Until rim drops the os they will never win and even if they do there not going to take over. Apple has already dominated and thats on carrier in the us. If they go free to others then kiss the competition goodbye.
    They are different markets but both co's want it all. You have to remember worldwide RIM started out with a huge lead here in share but yes they are losing ground to Apple and Android...the next few years will be interesting for all parties involved but to say Apple is dominant and will not have competition is na�ve...if I were to wager I would pick Android as the one with the better chance of pulling the lions share

06-23-10 10:46 PM
    I wish I could determine my life's worth based on the phone I own.
    You can...it works backwards...the cheaper the phone you have the more your life is worth

06-23-10 10:49 PM
    You can...I work backdoors...the cheaper the phone you have the less your life is worth

Therefore, iPhone > Blackberry

Haha! Once I started changing your quote I didn't wanna stop.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-23-10 at 11:00 PM.
    06-23-10 10:56 PM
    You can...it works backwards...the cheaper the phone you have the more your life is worth

WTF!!! You mean Cricket rules?
    06-23-10 11:01 PM
    WTF!!! You mean Cricket rules?
    Jitterbug > Cricket. Lol.

06-23-10 11:13 PM
    This was a concern by a lot of tech folks but you would assume Apple tested this concept fully before going forward with it's release.......
    The number of variables involved makes this real hard. Everyone is different and bodies are walking chemical and electrical field factories. The best they can do is test for the greatest number of successes and be happy with the results. But someone is always going to skew the average.

That being said, if it is in fact a personal problem then more than likely there is a fix. Use less hand cream or something else perhaps.
    06-24-10 01:30 AM

I use a phone for heavy business purposes. I used the 8310 Curve and the 9000 Bold for over 2 years before changing to the iPhone. The BB were good phones and good e-mail devices. It ends there. The iPhone is a superior device in just about every category , with the exception of battery life. I work for a Berkshire Hathaway company. The iPhone has only been available to us as a company phone since January of this year. Our IT/cell department told me last week that over 70% had changed to the iPhone so far, and that their complaints/help calls had dwindled to almost none. I, myself, handle an average of 70+ calls and 30-40 business emails a day. This is both city and rural areas. I have experienced NO difference in reception or call quality between the BB and the iPhone. The "phone" is crap? I don't think so. I like the Blackberry. But in its present form, it is outperformed ina big way by the iPhone.
    06-24-10 07:22 AM

Haha! Once I started doing you I didn't wanna stop.
    LSG...your killing me ...lol!

06-24-10 07:41 AM
    LSG...your filling me ...lol!

Bwahahahahaah!
    06-24-10 07:43 AM

Haha! Once I started changing your quote I didn't wanna stop.
    Sorry...couldn't resist...above original quote

06-24-10 07:46 AM
    I was seriously considering a Jitterbug recently

06-24-10 07:49 AM
    I've had an issue with ever blackberry I've owned. Does that mean they are crap devices? No. The Storm 1 was one of the worst devices I've ever put my hands on, after I got over the fact it was a new touch screen blackberry. Some people have just had a little too much kool-aid.
    06-24-10 07:50 AM
    You're assuming everyone's profile is correct. I'm not sure that's a valid assumption. I know I've not bothered to update my profile, and I'm not so special as to think I'm unique.
    06-24-10 08:17 AM
    This thread rocks, iv missed CB loads. **** or not. If theres flaws apple being how they are, they will jus exchange the flawed device for a good one.

Ill be getting one in 2 years when i know its right haha. ( or when my contracts up that is )
    06-24-10 08:39 AM
    blackberry, apple, android, whatever. these are expensive devices that people paid good money for, I hope they can fix or exchange it so that folks can get a device that is worth the money that functions. I know I'd be really Po'd if I dropped a load of coin to buy one with that flaw (on any device)
    06-24-10 11:12 AM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD