I just recently purchased my MacBook Pro laptop... I usually use my iphone and ipods on my PC, but when I go out of town, I wont have anything to sync my music/podcasts etc to, since I'll only have the mac with me.

Do I have to do anything different on my mac when plugging my iPhone in? Do I need to sync my PC first incase anything disappears? A friend of mine did the iPhone switch from PC to his mac, and lost his applications... I don't think I can afford to lose all my apps That would be a massive headache.

Anyway to do this with less headache?
    02-02-10 04:42 PM
    probably have to back up your itunes with dvd's or cdr's and then restore it on your mac and if my memory serves me correct you should be able to do that
    02-04-10 01:03 AM
    Easiest way is to export your iTunes library to a jump drive then put it in your iTunes library on the Mac. Also, Apps are easy, once you purchase it, it's yours, so you can re-download it as many times as you want w/o being charged again
    02-05-10 05:18 PM
    If you have iTunes 9 you can use home sharing to sync the two computer wirelessly over wifi after that's done you should be able to hook the iPhone to the Mac and re-sync and then your all set up.
    02-06-10 08:20 AM
    Easiest way is to export your iTunes library to a jump drive then put it in your iTunes library on the Mac. Also, Apps are easy, once you purchase it, it's yours, so you can re-download it as many times as you want w/o being charged again
    I didn't think you can export from iTunes to a external drive
    02-06-10 08:23 AM
    02-06-10 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD