Hey - does anyone use their iPhone with their work email? What are your experiences with this? My company just approved using an iPhone instead of a blackberry, but I'm a little hesitant to combine my work phone and my personal phone (I currently use a blackberry and a droid). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    03-04-10 02:29 PM
    I think that the battery life on the iphone does not support yet the kind of heavy usage i do on a bberry. I think there are several reasons why bberrys are still the work horse of the corporate world. I went back to the corp blackberry cuz batt life is just not there on the iphone. Typing has improved significantly but there's nothing like a bberry for heavy usage.

I dont mind it as my personal phone (iphone).
    03-04-10 03:58 PM
    I use it for work and it's great! I hadn't charged my iPhone all last night and I am just putting it on the charger.. it's 5:13pm (15% battery left). I think that's pretty damn good!
    03-04-10 04:14 PM
    I can typically go about a day without charging
    03-04-10 08:13 PM
    same here, Gmail every hour and Exchange account. Been off the charger since 930am and its 940pm here now and still at 67%
    03-04-10 08:43 PM
    Around town monitoring email, basically keeping track of what's going on, sure, an iPhone can handle corporate exchange email. However, when pressed to actually reply and originate emails, the battery will last about 8 hours. BB truly is the king of road warrior email. The interface sucks but if a device is dead, it isn't very useful. When I travel for work, I fire up my trusty Curve so I can talk, email, text, and Facebook all day; all day = from 6 am until 9 pm. An iPhone simply cannot do all of that on a single charge. There are charging cases and booster batteries which will allow you to juice up during the day however, that's a pain in the @$$ if you are truly on the go. While capable of doing some serious work, and iPhone simply does not have the stamina of a BB.
    03-04-10 09:16 PM
    I have the option to have work email on my iPhone and on my Blackberry. But, choose to have it on neither - LOL - I think I'm too connected as it is...

Albeit I did try it once and the battery does seem to last all day (I work in I.T. so you can imagine the volume of emails I get)...
    03-05-10 07:03 AM
    just get an external battery pack and charge it half way through the day
    03-05-10 11:17 AM
    I guess another option is a Mophie...
    03-05-10 06:08 PM
    I guess another option is a Mophie...
    yeah something like that.
    03-06-10 01:36 PM
    I was in the same boat as you. I wanted to see work e-mail, but was afraid that the battery would not support a typical day. I receive about 100 e-mails a day, which is not extensive, but it's not light either. So, what I did was nifty...

I just programmed outlook (my work e-mail provider) to forward select e-mails to my personal e-mal account. This way I can "screen" the e-mails befroe I read them. Comes in handy, as I have a list of e-mails, people that I will accept e-mails. Kind of gives me the power!
    03-09-10 11:55 AM
    works great im at about 15% at the end of the day almost dead. and thats from 0500 to 1700. I hooked to the exchange server and mobile me. i use pMessenger (bbm for iPhone) all day, and play a game or too if i have no work to do at lunch for about 20 minutes or so with friends over wifi.
    03-09-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD