I've searched all over for an answer. I plugged in my iPhone and it took it a while to start charging. Then when I plugged it into my computer it said it couldn't identify the USB cable. Now when I try plugging in to the wall adapter to charge it won't charge at all. Does this mean I have to get a new cable? The phone is only 2 months old. Closest Apple store is 4 hours away. :/
    03-19-10 04:51 PM
    I'd try a different cable first and/or try a car charger to help narrow the problem down, if it the car charger charges the phone, it's most likely the cable....

If the car charger doesn't it's quite possible you could have a defective battery which would require you to go to apple
    03-19-10 05:10 PM
    hmm.. It might be your cord. Do you have another cord that you could use? If that one doesn't work either, then it may just be your iPhone. Although it's most likely just your cord.
    03-19-10 05:11 PM
    No I don't have another cord. I was thinking of just going and buying a new one.
    03-19-10 05:29 PM
    Do you know anybody who has a cord that you could borrow?
    03-19-10 05:50 PM
    No. I'm the only one with iPhone. Everyone else has BB's. Lol
    03-19-10 08:06 PM
    booooooooooooo LOL
    03-19-10 08:09 PM
    This happened to a kid at work also, he used my cord and after it being plugged in for a bit it started working again.
    One of my buddies has gone through 4 iPhones from the Apple store nearby, I'm sure they'll give you a replacement.
    03-19-10 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD