Has anyone seen this yet?

Via Fortune.com: Manufacturing would begin in March for delivery in June, says an analyst. "We believe there is a good chance," writes Canaccord Adams' Peter Misek in a note to clients Wednesday, "that the 'One more thing�' part of next week�s presentation may include two iPhone-related announcements: namely, the release of iPhone OS 4.0 and the unveiling of iPhone 4G coming to Verizon in June."

In addition, he says:

A 4GS iPhone that will support LTE (long-term evolution) is likely to arrive a year later, in June 2011.
    Tiered data plans are imminent, he believes, including an unlimited data plan from Verizon.
    Also the Boy Genius Report says that the new iPhone OS will support "OS wide multi-touch gestures, additional multitasking, introduce graphical UI changes to simplify navigation, and possibly a new way to sync the contacts and calendar apps."
    02-01-10 05:08 AM
    I'll believe it when I see it. Rumors have been around like this forever. Until Apple contests to it I don't see it happening. I will say that Verizon is prepping for it. They are smart in not accepting any iphone device until LTE lights up. I think we're (BlackBerry Users" will still remain strong. A lot of Corporate America like what BES does, and consider the BlackBerry to be more business oriented. I personally like mine, yeah there are things I would change (cough more app memory) but it is what it is. Its not an Iphone its a BlackBerry.
    02-01-10 06:25 AM
    I don't believe it at all...
    02-01-10 06:44 AM
    Yeah rumors for years I'll believe it when I see it. A lot of companys have BB for business purposes that won't go away but I could see some of the BB market share falline.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 07:52 AM
    This sounds like speculation from the apple conference. However, nothing wqs said about 4.0 or about iphone to big red. Again, speculation. Rumors had it 6 months ago that the iphone was going to released around March, April time period and something would be announced last month about the expansion to VZW. None of that has happened and like previous poster, I wouldn't expect anything til LTE goes mainstream. Apple likes to be cutting edge, and iphone expanding is big news already, but iphone expanding to Verizon with LTE would be huge. All about timing.

02-01-10 07:57 AM
    You would have to expect this is going to happen. VZW is well aware, that the only thing that stands between them and making AT&T their *****, is getting a VZW iPhone. And Apple knows they would sell a lot of unit, both to VZW customers and to AT&T customers (making the switch and needing a CDMA iPhone).

The only way it doesn't happen is if AT&T steps up with even more money, to maintain exclusivity.

Greg
    02-01-10 08:28 AM
    You also have too look at the fact that they never said anything about the iPad hitting Verizon its only going to att. I would think of they are going to do one thing with vzw they would do all of it.

02-01-10 08:34 AM
    Wont be a killer as long there are people like me that prefer the 4 buttons to the 1. I have used the IPhone, prefer my storm and all the wonderful things it can do. Might drag a lot of the Berry come latelys who are gamers and music buffs but for the most part Blackberry has a pretty loyal following. Just my opinion
    02-01-10 08:40 AM
    I think it will happen. At&t coverage is horrible. Throwing post cards as I type.
    Could you see a 4G Iphone on VZW. WOW. VZW has the network, but they need the Iphone.
    02-01-10 08:50 AM
    It won't be a killer. Wasn't on ATT and won't be on Verizon. Some might make the switch but bb sells to all major phone companies, two won't kill it. To think that is rediculous.
    On another note, ive had ATT for four years. Wouldn't think twice to switch to vzw even if they got the iPhone. It's all about location. I've been all around Florida and get wonderful coverage. So when you say their network sucks end it with "in my area."
    02-01-10 09:13 AM
    Ill wait and see. I'm under contract anyways. I'm more into this phone also. Four buttons are my preference also

02-01-10 09:45 AM
    Even it it were to come to Verizon, it would still need a CDMA chipset for voice. Rumor has it that when Verizon goes LTE, the LTE network will be for data only and they won't be encapsulating voice into data packets to work on it. They will continue to use CDMA for voice (until they transition all phones off CDMA) and will use LTE for data only on devices that support it. So, if this is the case, a full LTE only phone won't work on their network.... not initially anyway.
    02-01-10 10:08 AM
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    If June comes around and there is still no iphone, then so long vzw.
    I haven't upgraded my phone or resigned my contract for this soul fact.
    02-01-10 10:20 AM
    isn't that the same person who said that the "verizon iphone" was going to be announced on the 27th?

it gets pretty tiresome hearing the same rumor each year.

@ftwrath
    i totally i agree. ATT is wonderful in the area I am. I actually get more bars in places where verizon would get one or two. i hate how people slam ATT like they represent the whole population.
    02-01-10 11:44 AM
    Has anyone seen this yet?
    Yawn.

A multimedia device is a business device killer?

I don't think so
    02-01-10 11:59 AM
    That was speculation before Apple's event last week. There was no mention of a new iPhone or OS 4.0. I'll believe there will be one on VZW when they say so. Tired of the speculation. Do we really need another iPhone to VZW thread?
    02-01-10 12:00 PM
    You never know ....
    02-01-10 12:44 PM
    Not again.. some just don't get it and if they do.. just never learn.
    02-01-10 01:06 PM
    1. Its only the VZW fanboy hopefuls who cant get it through their thick skulls this if it happens it HAPPENS. No one is going to leak anything. No one even know what the iPad carrier would be before the day it was announced! Everyone was screaming VZW and look what happened!!!

2. You never know anything, you could also die tomm too. Until its ANNOUNCED BY APPLE then we prob dont need a VZW iphone rumor every other day crapping up the forum.

3. ENOUGH VZW IPHONE THREADS.

I think mods shuld start temp banning people who dont get the drift that we dont need a VZW iphone rumor thread a day here. It may NEVER even happen this year, so get over it until its announced officially or not.

This annoyance now is just making this subforum very unpleasant to visit crammed with VZW rumor crapola where no one can discuss things or help each other sifting through the nonsense VZW threads
    Last edited by stuaw11; 02-01-10 at 02:43 PM.
    02-01-10 02:41 PM
    I think Vzn will have the iPhone by this August, and the thing will take off like a rocket. It'll be bada$&!
    02-01-10 03:37 PM
    *face palm*
    02-01-10 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD