What are the pro's and cons of each device? For me I have been using a Curve since November and for the most part have had a great time. The issues I have had are with the lame Mac sync software (duplications of calendar items, and other calendar & PIM sync issues that I am having with the Mac sync software). Its obvious that RIM does not care too much about Macs. The other issues I have had with the BB is the low internal RAM (SD card memory means little for emails, installed apps, etc), and the inability for the BB to auto switch time while traveling.

The BB is much smaller than iPhone, has a built in keyboard and has other advantages over the iPhone, but these are the two that stick out.

So what about you?

John
    06-05-10 04:08 PM
    I have a 9630 that I use for everything. I also have a iPhone 3g that I use as a toy. The 9630 is on Verizon with great service, the iPhone is AT&T and I find I have better service with my two soup cans and a piece of string.
    06-05-10 04:56 PM
    The network quality in your service area should be the first consideration: otherwise you could end up with an expensive paper weight.
    06-05-10 06:41 PM
    For me apple company is more like a brand then a real deal, I love bb all the way,I am not a hater but apple brand is more like an expensive toy or brand,bb is not perfect too,but I guess for me apple is never an option even if they give it to me for free,yes you heard it even FREE!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 07:33 PM
    MBP user here that shared the same experience as you. I had a 8330 on Sprint also. I was apprehensive about the keyboard however found being much faster with easy adoption. The iPhone syncs well on XP however it's so much faster and intuitive with OSX. Fast and seemless with no issues.

BTW - It's not as "closed" as would seem. ;-)

My suggestion is taking one for a test drive.
    06-05-10 08:05 PM
    The network quality in your service area should be the first consideration: otherwise you could end up with an expensive paper weight.
    Ditto. Cannot be expressed enough.
    06-05-10 08:06 PM
    I have both an AT&T BB Curve and iPhone. The AT&T network is sub par even in So Cal. After using both I am finding that using the BB is like going into a technology time machine back about 6 years. The phone on the BB is much better and i loke how all the SMS, MMS and Emails all go to one place. Everythig else on the BB is kind of lacking for me. I love the apps, the real internet and ease of use on the iPhone. Too bad my Company wont pay for it like they do my BB
    06-05-10 08:48 PM
    I've both iPhone 3Gs and curve 8310 my iPhone never fail me any how, but when it comes with messaging n download.. My old curve beat my iPhone *** off lmao!! I can download everything I want in my old curve, I event download PC .exe files via my curve, but in my iPhone I can't download other files like .rar, .zip, etc. So like other poster said, iPhone is only my toy.. And my phone is blackberry!!!

06-06-10 12:58 AM
    Having good service is so important to me. It is my only form of communication other than my laptop. I haven't had a home phone in over 5 yrs and don't intend of getting it again. I love my BB and Verizon. I have co-workers and a couple of friends who love their iphone, but hate their service. I wouldn't be happy with AT&T and am glad I am not a fan of the iphone. Nothing surpasses BB in my opinion
    06-06-10 02:07 AM
    For me apple company is more like a brand then a real deal, I love bb all the way,I am not a hater but apple brand is more like an expensive toy or brand,bb is not perfect too,but I guess for me apple is never an option even if they give it to me for free,yes you heard it even FREE!!!!!!

I agree with you! Apple is very proprietary and beside that you can't even buy a new battery to slap in it if yours dies. What's up with that???
    06-06-10 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD