What are the pro's and cons of each device? For me I have been using a Curve since November and for the most part have had a great time. The issues I have had are with the lame Mac sync software (duplications of calendar items, and other calendar & PIM sync issues that I am having with the Mac sync software). Its obvious that RIM does not care too much about Macs. The other issues I have had with the BB is the low internal RAM (SD card memory means little for emails, installed apps, etc), and the inability for the BB to auto switch time while traveling.

The BB is much smaller than iPhone, has a built in keyboard and has other advantages over the iPhone, but these are the two that stick out.

So what about you?

John
    06-05-10 05:07 PM
    I used a Curve for like 2 years and IMHO the iPhone is hands down a better device the any blackbery. The keyboard thing is really just a personal matter for each user but I type faster on my iPhone then I did on my Curve. About the only thing my Curve did better was email but that is going to be adressed in OS 4 later this month. RIM makes some good phones and OS 6 looks like a step in the right direction but I could never go back now that I have been using the iPhone. Like you I also use a Mac and I guess you could say that I am an Apple fanboy so take what I say for what it is worth. The fact of the matter it really does not matter what device is better just what is better for you.
    06-05-10 05:49 PM
    You really can't compare the two.
    But iphones are very closed off and if you want something you need to use appstore where as bb can get anything from anywhere.

You want a media power house that's not restricted I suggest android, not apple. Maybe the new evo 4g or that new droid coming out soonish maybe even a samsung wave? But seriously not an iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 05:59 PM
    Of course someone would slam the iPhone.. what else is new lol... First of all I've owned every BB from the 8130 to the 9530, the 9550 AND the 9630 LOL I jumped ship last year to iPhone and I haven't looked back...

No truncated emails, and yes iPhone has push email, don't listen to all the naysayers out there.

But as it was said above you can't compare the two, since I went to the iPhone no more battery pulls, no freezing up, etc etc... I have a Mac and I love the integration of everything, address book, iCal.. etc etc...

If you're a fan of Mac you'll love the iPhone... I've been quoted as sayin here, that the whole Mac / Windows debate is equal to that of the BB vs iPhone

You see just as many business people these days with iPhones as you do BB's...

But seriously, the iPhone is a superior device... and if you wait til Monday, the new one will probably be announced and all it's features... based on everything that's floating around the web about it, it'll decimate any phone out there right now...

And yea I'm an Apple fanboy to... so what... I don't want to kill my phone anymore lol
    06-05-10 08:46 PM
    ...But as it was said above you can't compare the two, since I went to the iPhone no more battery pulls, no freezing up, etc etc... I have a Mac and I love the integration of everything, address book, iCal.. etc etc...

If you're a fan of Mac you'll love the iPhone... I've been quoted as sayin here, that the whole Mac / Windows debate is equal to that of the BB vs iPhone

Agreed.

I had apprehension with the keyboard however I'm much faster at typing than on my best berry day (had a 8330). No comparison can be made with media and web browsing.

Works well on XP and very very well on OSX 10.6.3.
    06-05-10 08:54 PM
    Excellent points.

I use a Blackberry 9700 for personal and work but have been thinking about making the switch to an iPhone. When they announce the full list of features for OS4.0 then i will see if the features i need will make me switch.

I feel that its only a matter of months before the iPhone meets or exceeds the RIM market share in the US
    06-05-10 10:55 PM
    Of course someone would slam the iPhone.. what else is new lol... First of all I've owned every BB from the 8130 to the 9530, the 9550 AND the 9630 LOL I jumped ship last year to iPhone and I haven't looked back...

No truncated emails, and yes iPhone has push email, don't listen to all the naysayers out there.

But as it was said above you can't compare the two, since I went to the iPhone no more battery pulls, no freezing up, etc etc... I have a Mac and I love the integration of everything, address book, iCal.. etc etc...

But seriously, the iPhone is a superior device... and if you wait til Monday, the new one will probably be announced and all it's features... based on everything that's floating around the web about it, it'll decimate any phone out there right now...

And yea I'm an Apple fanboy to... so what... I don't want to kill my phone anymore lol
    I would back up everything said in this post. It is, indeed, a superior device. I actually like e-mail better on the iPhone (gmail for personal and Good for work). Our company has over 500 smartphones in service. The iPhone has only been available since late February and there are already over 125 in use. The IT people say they are experiencing far far less calls about question/problems with the iPhones. As for me, I have not had the first problem or complaint yet. It is everything the "fanboys" say it is. The Blackberry is superior to most of the others, but the iPhone is in a class all its own.
    06-05-10 10:59 PM
    I'm running 4.0 Beta 4 right now and all I can say is that when Apple has a major software update, it's something to get excited about.... unlike um *cough* RIM *cough* lol
    06-06-10 12:11 AM
    the two are identical.. except for the phone part and thickness ... othrwise they are practically identical lol
    06-06-10 12:42 AM
    If iPhone OS 4 supports multi-tasking, I will definitely switch to the new iPhone. I like my 9700, but there are so much more cooler things for the iPhone than the Blackberry. I've been using my parents iphones on and off, I still cannot get used to the keyboard yet, but hopefully with time I will efficient at typing. The main thing that got me thinking about the iphone are the app choices and the huge screen for surfing the web. Surfing on the 9700 is a complete joke, it is like a chore almost, I never do it unless I am on the can and have time to waste. The apps that I have tried out with my dad's iphone are amazing, I love being able to use it, use some graphic design apps, and also the dslr remote app for my camera. Games are another thing entirely, which alone is a reason to switch to the iphone.

Plus I am also a Mac user and Blackberry just isn't the best at syncing with Macs.
    Last edited by chiefroastbeef; 06-06-10 at 02:43 AM.
    06-06-10 02:39 AM
    any blackberry blows compared to the Iphone. Especially with Iphone 4. No matter what Rim does, the bb will always be outdated and a piece of ******* **** imo

I love the one button on the Iphone. Much better than all the friggen buttons on the blackberry. And the apps on the blackberry suck ***. There isn't a decent app out there, but on the Iphone you have thousands and thousands of cool, not to mention free apps.
    06-06-10 06:27 AM
    I am also an apple fanboy and own both devices, I think the iphone is the superior device.. I only really use my blackberry for bbm and would love some sort of bbm application for the iphone which works for all smart phones (I believe pingchat is coming soon for the android and blackberry)
    06-06-10 11:19 AM
    a bbm app for the iphone would rock!!!
    06-06-10 11:32 AM
    I am also an apple fanboy and own both devices, I think the iphone is the superior device.. I only really use my blackberry for bbm and would love some sort of bbm application for the iphone which works for all smart phones (I believe pingchat is coming soon for the android and blackberry)

I know pmessenger is available for both iPhone and BB ... not sure about android yet... but it's a pretty cool PIN messenger...

Correction... it is available for Android too...
    06-06-10 05:32 PM
    PingChat is currently the best messenger for iphone, android and blackberrys.

Its free at this moment as its a special promotion, so get it now!!!
    06-06-10 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD