Is there a way to do this? Ive looked through cydia and cant find it.

I have it hooked up to the A/V input in my car and I wanna be able to see at least the ipod screen on my cars screen, but currently all that is supported is video out (as far as i know)

thanks
    07-19-09 09:22 PM
    so you want it to just display whatever is on the iphone screen?? i do not believe that is possible i think it will just display what is playing. sorry
    07-20-09 12:06 AM
    so you want it to just display whatever is on the iphone screen?? i do not believe that is possible i think it will just display what is playing. sorry
    pretty much, even if its just the ipod screen.

there are tons of hacks out there, where is this one hiding?

also the popup that says "this product is not made for the iphone, would you like to turn on airplane mode to avoid interference"
    that would be nice to remove
    07-20-09 12:43 AM
    Somebody needs to make this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 07:05 PM
    there is no hack for it. if it says not made for iphone usually just means it will not comply with all of its features they have to cover themselves with that.
    07-20-09 10:05 PM
    OK!!!!
    so this is possible, and there are TWO apps in cydia for it
    one is called tvout
    this other is called screensplitter

tvout doesnt seem to work

screensplitter works great

portrait screen is about the same size of the iphone
    if you turn it landscape (on any screen) it makes it fullscreen, if its landscape on homescreen or anything that doesnt have a native landscape mode it displays sideways on the tv, but if it does have landscape support it dislpays almost perfectly (a little larger, but definitely usable)

so after posting this on 4 iphone forums I got NO legitimate answers, I actually found it on a non phone forum (avic411.com)...
    so if anyone was searching for this..you're welcome
    Last edited by peterr22; 07-21-09 at 02:55 AM.
    07-21-09 02:07 AM
    OK!!!!
    so this is possible, and there are TWO apps in cydia for it
    one is called tvout
    this other is called screensplitter

tvout doesnt seem to work

screensplitter works great

portrait screen is about the same size of the iphone
    if you turn it landscape (on any screen) it makes it fullscreen, if its landscape on homescreen or anything that doesnt have a native landscape mode it displays sideways on the tv, but if it does have landscape support it dislpays almost perfectly (a little larger, but definitely usable)

so after posting this on 4 iphone forums I got NO legitimate answers, I actually found it on a non phone forum (avic411.com)...
    so if anyone was searching for this..you're welcome
    nice find glad you got it to work
    07-21-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD