12-24-10 09:52 PM
40 12
tools
    I personally don't care if it does or doesn't happen, if it does, so be it, I'm not leaving AT&T, big red can kiss my *** anyways lol long story but they are a bunch of greedy bastages lol
    12-22-10 04:12 PM
    I don't see any branding on the iPads they sell, do you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    True, but buying an iPad from Verizon is no different than buying a wifi only version from Apple or even Att then getting a Verizon mifi to use it mobile. The iPad from Verizon doesn't operate on Verizon's network like the iPhone will need to.

Obviously, the terms have changed since Apple and Verizon has last had talks, but we won't know what has changed until we get an official statement and/or see the Verizon iPhone.
    12-22-10 04:31 PM
    True, but buying an iPad from Verizon is no different than buying a wifi only version from Apple or even Att then getting a Verizon mifi to use it mobile. The iPad from Verizon doesn't operate on Verizon's network like the iPhone will need to.

Obviously, the terms have changed since Apple and Verizon has last had talks, but we won't know what has changed until we get an official statement and/or see the Verizon iPhone.
    lol, the only thing that'll say Verizon on the iPhone is the network indicator icon.
    12-22-10 11:15 PM
    lol, the only thing that'll say Verizon on the iPhone is the network indicator icon.
    Never said the Verizon iPhone would have Verizon's name on it...

I'm not saying you're wrong, but we won't know for sure until we see it and/or get an official statement.
    12-22-10 11:42 PM
    Lack of bloatware doesn't mean it's "locked down", if you like bloatware buy Android, if not buy iOS.

ASOP Android has NO bloat-ware on it was so ever. It is as plain jane as one can get. You "might" know what you are talking about it when comes to apple but this statement on Androids is plum off your rocker.
    12-23-10 01:44 PM
    A lot of android devices are fitted with bloatware by carriers the only 2 devices I can think of that aren't is the nexus one and nexus s.

12-23-10 06:15 PM
    A lot of android devices are fitted with bloatware by carriers the only 2 devices I can think of that aren't is the nexus one and nexus s.

Please point to two bloat-ware applications that came from a carrier, carrier Dependant.
    T-Mobile has "T-Mobile TV"
    Sprint has "Sprint TV"
    and
    BigRed has the NFL application.

Other than that the phone is fitted with Manufacturer Bloat-Ware. HTC Sense, MotoBlur, and some other ones.

you are correct that the only two current phones that have been released in pure AOSP fashion is the Nexus line. But there are alot of AOSP ROM builders out there, that remove ALL Bloat-ware.
    12-24-10 07:51 AM
    VZW also has Bing, CityID, BackupAssistant, and Skype.

For some reason, VZW always puts Backup Assistant on the phone. Everytime I brought my phone in they always put it on and everytime, I say I don't need it and I will do it myself. And they say, this is better. I told them I'm just gonna get rid of it and I do not need it. But they always put it on.
    12-24-10 10:21 AM
    VZW also has Bing, CityID, BackupAssistant, and Skype.

For some reason, VZW always puts Backup Assistant on the phone. Everytime I brought my phone in they always put it on and everytime, I say I don't need it and I will do it myself. And they say, this is better. I told them I'm just gonna get rid of it and I do not need it. But they always put it on.
    Were you rooted when they did this? If so I am surprised they even touched your phone.

VZW has a habit of putting task killers on Android devices as well. I have heard of people bringing in their devices and asking a rep questions, and then the rep puts that crap on their phone. I would punch someone if the face if they put a task killer on my device.

Anyways, bloatware sucks, and VZW puts the most on it. If you don't root, you are SOL. I feel bad for those who don't root and have that **** on their devices.
    12-24-10 10:49 AM
    Oh I forgot, it was a BB9550, not DX.
    12-24-10 11:00 AM
    that sounds about right, RH. That's real carrier bloat there. The nice thing about certain Android phones is they don't have that from the get go. Just the manufacturer stuff, syb0rg suggests. If you happen to have a vanilla ROM at the start, you'll notice the Verizon-tailored apps are segmented in Android Market. The only VZW I installed was the NFL Mobile. I did happen to catch visual voicemail after my phone came in the mail, thus removed it upon rooting.
    12-24-10 11:46 AM
    Oh I forgot, it was a BB9550, not DX.
    Ok that makes sense then lol.
    12-24-10 12:32 PM
    The iPhone has visual voicemail and I believe that AT&T supports this feature for free. I noticed that my BB supports VVM, but I would need to pay Verizon Wireless an additional $2.99 a month to use this. Also, Verizon pushes their V-Cast shortcut icons and numerous other app-icons and BackUp Assistant out to my BlackBerry. Will they be able/allowed to do the same if they get the iPhone? Of course, nobody knows if the iPhone is even coming to them. But I was just wondering what they would try to do differently that AT&T with it.
    It's not so much a Verizon issue as it is an Apple issue.

For example, my Torch has bloatware from ATT. ATT Music, App Center, Nav, etc. And Visual Voicemail is extra cost on the Torch too. The iPhone supports VM for free probably because Apple didn't cave.
    12-24-10 05:56 PM
    It's probably a safe bet that Apple won't cave at all from any way the current iPhone is.... it's pretty much the same device around the world except in China where it's a CDMA device
    12-24-10 08:34 PM
    It's probably a safe bet that Apple won't cave at all from any way the current iPhone is.... it's pretty much the same device around the world except in China where it's a CDMA device
    Well I noticed, that iPhone is the only phone from ATT that doesn't carry any ATT logo on the device, neither any ATT logo during bootup. The only thing you can get if you want is the "mywireless" app from ATT, which is actually not bad for checking your account and data usage.

I doubt Verizon gonna be able to any way make Apple to agree for bloatware.
    12-24-10 09:52 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD