The iPhone has visual voicemail and I believe that AT&T supports this feature for free. I noticed that my BB supports VVM, but I would need to pay Verizon Wireless an additional $2.99 a month to use this. Also, Verizon pushes their V-Cast shortcut icons and numerous other app-icons and BackUp Assistant out to my BlackBerry. Will they be able/allowed to do the same if they get the iPhone? Of course, nobody knows if the iPhone is even coming to them. But I was just wondering what they would try to do differently that AT&T with it.
    12-13-10 11:24 AM
    I think this is the exact issue with a Verizon iPhone. Both companies are way too big-headed and full of themselves to compromise. One of them is going to need to bend over and take it for us to ever see a Verizon iPhone. Until we see the Verizon iPhone and it's specs/features we won't know which company bent over, so I don't think your question can even be speculated on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 11:32 AM
    If the iPhone goes to verizon I highly doubt apple will let verizon put any bloatware on the iPhone. Apple would never let that happen. I think verizon would be happy enough because of the sales they will get.
    12-13-10 12:10 PM
    Verizon is selling the iPad now so its likely we'll see the iphone come to verizon. But like ridesno159 said these two huge companies have a lot to iron out as far as terms of use. I read in another post that verizon was trying to make iphone att and verizon exclusive, so no Tmo or Sprint. Also verizon has always put its logo its devices and that's a no no with apple. If apple doesn't want verizons name on the phone I'm sure they don't want their bloatware either.
    12-13-10 12:29 PM
    Apple will not let VZW touch their device or disrupt their services in any way.
    12-13-10 12:32 PM
    Apple will not let VZW touch their device or disrupt their services in any way.
    I completely agree with this!

It's the main problem that needs to be worked out for us to ever see a Verizon iPhone. Verizon is also a big-headed company that wants their name on every device they sell and all their crap-ware on it too. Which is why I said that one of these companies is going to have to bend over for this to happen.

So the question is, which company wants a Verizon iPhone more?

Verizon is doing great with their Android offering, but I'm sure they would love the added sales the iPhone would bring, and stealing many frustrated Att customers. Apple would really take off by offering the iPhone on another network here in the US, but they have their integrity and company name they need to hold on to.

I couldn't care less about a Verizon iPhone, I hate Apple and. everything they stand for, but I'm very interested on how this will play out. We'll see who bent over when the iPhone is released on Verizon...

12-13-10 03:31 PM
    The Iphone is already locked down enough as it is, you can thank Steve Jobs for that...
    12-13-10 03:37 PM
    I really dislike all the bloatware vz puts on its phones, as the consumer i should be able to delete them if i wanted to but on the berry all i can do is hide them (don't want to use bbsak or shrink os etc.) I don't believe Apple will allow vz to add any they do not want, besides, there are 2 other carriers that would like to have the phone. Apple has choices, VZ will have to compromise.
    12-14-10 08:02 AM
    apple can always bring up how their Droids are bing free, and all that jazz
    12-14-10 10:31 AM
    The Iphone is already locked down enough as it is, you can thank Steve Jobs for that...
    Lack of bloatware doesn't mean it's "locked down", if you like bloatware buy Android, if not buy iOS.
    12-14-10 11:42 AM
    It's the main problem that needs to be worked out for us to ever see a Verizon iPhone. Verizon is also a big-headed company that wants their name on every device they sell and all their crap-ware on it too.......
    Verizon could offer a basic band-style case for the edge of the phone with the VZW logo on it. not that that would ever happen, but it is an option.....
    12-14-10 12:47 PM
    Verizon and Apple have already come to an agreement. Apple will bring an LTE iPhone 4 to Verizon but Verizon will not put any branding or bloatware on it.
    12-14-10 03:15 PM
    Lack of bloatware doesn't mean it's "locked down", if you like bloatware buy Android, if not buy iOS.
    Bloat can easily be removed with root. Im actually running vanilla android on my Droid X.
    12-14-10 03:18 PM
    Verizon and Apple have already come to an agreement. Apple will bring an LTE iPhone 4 to Verizon but Verizon will not put any branding or bloatware on it.
    You say that like it's a widely known fact... Can you provide us with a link to Apple's or Verizon's statement of this?

12-14-10 04:16 PM
    I completely agree with this!

It's the main problem that needs to be worked out for us to ever see a Verizon iPhone. Verizon is also a big-headed company that wants their name on every device they sell and all their crap-ware on it too. Which is why I said that one of these companies is going to have to bend over for this to happen.

So the question is, which company wants a Verizon iPhone more?

Verizon is doing great with their Android offering, but I'm sure they would love the added sales the iPhone would bring, and stealing many frustrated Att customers. Apple would really take off by offering the iPhone on another network here in the US, but they have their integrity and company name they need to hold on to.

I couldn't care less about a Verizon iPhone, I hate Apple and. everything they stand for, but I'm very interested on how this will play out. We'll see who bent over when the iPhone is released on Verizon...

The only reason Verizon approached Apple (not the other way around) is because Verizon's Android phones weren't doing as good as originally projected and they don't want to fall behind. Apple is considering it, but is still doing fine with just AT&T as the main US carrier for the iPhone because they have a lot of other companies worldwide carrying the iPhone. So nobody will be bending over, it'll either be "Apple iPhone on Verizon" with current look intact or Apple won't even have to worry about it.
    12-17-10 12:57 PM
    The only reason Verizon approached Apple (not the other way around) is because Verizon's Android phones weren't doing as good as originally projected and they don't want to fall behind. Apple is considering it, but is still doing fine with just AT&T as the main US carrier for the iPhone because they have a lot of other companies worldwide carrying the iPhone. So nobody will be bending over, it'll either be "Apple iPhone on Verizon" with current look intact or Apple won't even have to worry about it.
    And you know this... How? Some links, or something to back this all up would really help make your point.

Android phones aren't doing as good as originally thought? What have you been smoking? That is crazy to even think that Android phones aren't doing well on Verizon.

It is a widely known fact that Apple approached Verizon before Att when the iPhone first came out. Verizon refused because they wouldn't bend over for Apple. I'm sure things are different now, but Verizon is still the biggest carrier in the US and won't be bending over just because they need the iPhone.
    12-17-10 01:24 PM
    I don't see any branding on the iPads they sell, do you?

SevereDeceit and syb0rg like this.
    12-19-10 12:28 AM
    Bloat can easily be removed with root. Im actually running vanilla android on my Droid X.
    How much of the general population (not techies) is going to root? Just like how much of the general population think the iPhone is "locked down", most of them would ask what do you mean "locked down", they don't know because either they don't think it is or don't care.

You have to remember that most people on these forums represent a minuscule of the general population. For every one person I find like me that knows what you're talking about I find 30 that don't.
    12-20-10 07:58 AM
    The iPhone has visual voicemail and I believe that AT&T supports this feature for free. I noticed that my BB supports VVM, but I would need to pay Verizon Wireless an additional $2.99 a month to use this. Also, Verizon pushes their V-Cast shortcut icons and numerous other app-icons and BackUp Assistant out to my BlackBerry. Will they be able/allowed to do the same if they get the iPhone? Of course, nobody knows if the iPhone is even coming to them. But I was just wondering what they would try to do differently that AT&T with it.
    For the last time, the IPHONE is coming to VZW just a matter of months now. VZW announced this awhile ago.\
    \And dont go asking the reps. They are not allowed to tell you because then they wouldn't sell no phones in the meanwhile. Everybody would wait
    Last edited by henry_hill_3; 12-21-10 at 10:20 PM.
    12-21-10 10:16 PM
    Verizon reportedly sees iPhone as "essential to future success"

The Kaufman Bros. note emphasizes Verizon's concerns about Android and its market share losses to AT&T, stating, "our sources indicate that VZ views iPhone as essential to its future success."

The firm also noted that it appears that AT&T's exclusive on RIM's BlackBerry Torch is set to expire at the end of this year, allowing Verizon to sell it or a similar model on its network as well.
    AppleInsider | Verizon reportedly sees iPhone as "essential to future success"
    12-21-10 11:33 PM
    Verizon can view it how ever they want, Apple will not compromise their "vision" of the iPhone by putting VZW crap on it. Apple will walk if it comes to that, they did it to Verizon once already.
    12-22-10 10:18 AM
    Verizon can view it how ever they want, Apple will not compromise their "vision" of the iPhone by putting VZW crap on it. Apple will walk if it comes to that, they did it to Verizon once already.
    Apple never walked away from Verizon, Verizon walked away from Apple when Apple first approached Verizon to sell the Iphone.
    12-22-10 11:57 AM
    Apple never walked away from Verizon, Verizon walked away from Apple when Apple first approached Verizon to sell the Iphone.
    Yes indeed Verizon walked away, just shows Apple won't cave when in come to terms, they didn't then and they won't now

and here a refresher thing in 2007 2 years after they walked

Verizon rejected Apple iPhone deal - USATODAY.com
    12-22-10 01:19 PM
    Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Apple didn't cave.
    12-22-10 01:39 PM
    Until there is an official statement from either Verizon or Apple, everything is speculation. It doesn't matter who will cave, or what will be branded, or bloatware or pricing. Without the official statement, you can argue until you are blue in the face. No one knows, except maybe Steve Jobs, if this will happen or not.
    12-22-10 03:50 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD