02-04-10 02:32 PM
30 12
tools
    Guys at work are telling me they read official releases that in June the iphone will be on verizon, a tad smaller device. I follow most new phone news and have not read or heard anything official. Did I miss something? Has this come out?

Please don't turn this into a bb vs iphone thread, it has nothing to do with it. I am not a fanboy of either and would try any new phone that looks promising to me.
    02-01-10 08:01 PM
    Please don't turn this into a bb vs iphone thread, it has nothing to do with it.
    We won't, but we can easily turn it in to a GET A CLUE, IT'S NOT COMING thread.
    02-01-10 08:12 PM
    Guys at work are telling me they read official releases that in June the iphone will be on verizon, a tad smaller device. I follow most new phone news and have not read or heard anything official. Did I miss something? Has this come out?

Please don't turn this into a bb vs iphone thread, it has nothing to do with it. I am not a fanboy of either and would try any new phone that looks promising to me.
    Can't you find better things to do than waste your time AND post when your bored??
    Although I'm wasting my time responding so maybe I can't talk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 08:20 PM
    If/when this news does break, it will be all over the news. Until then, it's all speculation.

Basically, it's going to depend on who breaks first, VZW or Apple. Right now I think VZW is doing okay without the iPhone, but it can't hurt to knock off the main strengh of it's biggest competitor...
    02-01-10 08:22 PM
    Again Vet why do you respond to people just to be a total ****??? Are you really that miserable of a person? Sad!

02-01-10 08:39 PM
    At this point I have heard nothing.
    02-01-10 09:06 PM
    You should have those guys point you to these "official releases". I'd think it would show up in the news, if official, considering how much news was made over any rumor about the iPad.

IMO, this is a VZW PR move. It keeps people on the fence and off of ATT in the hopes the rumors become true. It's the same as how terrestrial radio keeps floating a rumor that Howard Stern is coming back to free Radio. Won't happen, but its enough to make people wait to act...
    02-01-10 09:08 PM
    No one knows for SURE, but there is a rumor out there that the iphone is coming june-ish, but who knows?
    02-01-10 09:48 PM
    You should have those guys point you to these "official releases". I'd think it would show up in the news, if official, considering how much news was made over any rumor about the iPad.

IMO, this is a VZW PR move. It keeps people on the fence and off of ATT in the hopes the rumors become true. It's the same as how terrestrial radio keeps floating a rumor that Howard Stern is coming back to free Radio. Won't happen, but its enough to make people wait to act...
    If you follow this website regularly, you know that there is a lot of competent information, including pictures, that are released early, and usually end up as an actual release.

The president of Verizon Communications was interviewed last year during the release of the 3rd quarter results, and he clearly stated that they are ready and willing to discuss a partnership with Apple any time they wish. That's the most factual information out there.
    02-02-10 06:48 AM
    All I have to say is that I sure hope it does! It would be a nice addition to the Verizon line up.
    02-02-10 07:06 AM
    Not sure how authentic the picture was but my brother posted a picture of a verizon branded iPhone about two weeks ago on twitter. Since I am not interested in the iPhone I didn't question him about where he got the picture or if he took it himself. The picture was low quality and being held but it had VZW logo. Guess time will tell.
    02-02-10 07:17 AM
    02-02-10 09:24 AM
    02-02-10 09:32 AM
    The president of Verizon Communications was interviewed last year during the release of the 3rd quarter results, and he clearly stated that they are ready and willing to discuss a partnership with Apple any time they wish. That's the most factual information out there.
    That's the 2 most contradictive posts I've ever read!
    02-02-10 10:18 AM
    All this talk about Iphone to VZW... Will not happen for a long time. Just get over it... wishfull thinking will not do any good
    02-02-10 10:52 AM
    All this talk about Iphone to VZW... Will not happen for a long time. Just get over it... wishfull thinking will not do any good
    These comments have about as much worth as the OP. Shooting down rumors with opinions doesn't make the rumors any less valid, nor more for that matter. I just don't understand people that are saying "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!" as if they're Ivan Seidenberg's best friend. To be clear, even VZW big shots don't have a clue if/when VZW will get the iPhone. So rather than posting another "I heard vzw...iPhone" thread with immediate replies from these "NEVER!" people, let's just wait for an official press release from VZW, or Apple.
    02-02-10 11:14 AM
    These comments have about as much worth as the OP. Shooting down rumors with opinions doesn't make the rumors any less valid, nor more for that matter. I just don't understand people that are saying "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!" as if they're Ivan Seidenberg's best friend. To be clear, even VZW big shots don't have a clue if/when VZW will get the iPhone. So rather than posting another "I heard vzw...iPhone" thread with immediate replies from these "NEVER!" people, let's just wait for an official press release from VZW, or Apple.
    I agree. He is an AT&T customer, he feels threatened by prospect of an iPhone on Verizon, as do many AT&T fanboy's. Seidenberg has already stated they want the iPhone and that the ball is in Apple's court. I'm guessing the holdup is the exclusivity agreement already in place or to the terms which Apple want's Verizon to agree.

Verizon CEO: We'd LOVE To Sell The iPhone
    02-02-10 01:25 PM
    That's the 2 most contradictive posts I've ever read!

How does that contradict? The second part you quoted didn't indicate at all that its coming, just that they are ready to discuss so.

there's absoloutley no way its coming in June.

02-02-10 02:03 PM
    IT'S NOT COMING
    How does that contradict?

no way its coming in June.
    The same way that those do.

In your first post you implied "IT'S NOT (EVER) COMING"

Since then you have taken your foot out of your mouth and tried to insidiously imply that it's not coming soon
    02-02-10 02:42 PM
    there's absoloutley no way its coming in June.
    btw, how can you possibly know that with 100% accuracy?
    02-02-10 02:45 PM
    i heard that its coming this yr too in VZW
    02-02-10 03:04 PM
    Woohoo file this under "IPhone going somewhere else" thread #12387123490123612123412.7!!!! For the love of all thats holy, make it stop. On top of that, the iPhone is overrated anyway. Yeah thats right, I said it. Not just strictly taking the position of a BB fanboi because I know that will come as well, I've used it for a little bit being that I have a few friends that have em and I messed around with it for a bit and while it's a decent media device, the actual phone part of it sucked.
    Last edited by AaronWasHere; 02-02-10 at 03:16 PM.
    02-02-10 03:13 PM
    It may happen eventually. But for now, NO. Verizon isn't OFFICIALLY getting the iPhone.
    02-02-10 03:22 PM
    Why would VZW sink low enough to pick up the Iphone lol.

02-04-10 12:38 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD