I think the satisfaction with the network is at least somewhat directly related to satisfaction with the device. So, if most iPhone owners are satisfied with their iPhone then they are most likely going to be OK with the service provider because that's who carries the phone they like. In many cases I imagine they will even overlook obvious problems....
    This is very true. I've been a long time member on MacRumors and I also read several other Apple/iPhone sites everyday and the biggest thing is people will not leave because they simply refuse to use anything other than the iPhone.

Now that works conversely with the carrier too becuase you see how many people stick with Verizon and will settle for their second choice of phone rather than the iPhone because their satisfaction with the network.
    That's a big issue with why AT&T has such a bad rep. Most come
    to AT&T for the phones rather then making sure they have good
    coverage.

I told someone I did not have the reception issues that people were
    having with their i4s and the response was, "that's because you're in
    a good coverage area". How stupid does that sound?
    07-27-10 09:00 AM
    AT&T has always been my favorite carrier since normally it has the best devices..

I've had and used regularly all carriers pretty much, and I always prefer AT&T.

Especially since i travel overseas so much.
    07-27-10 09:31 AM
    And considering the way I see many iPhone users glossing over problems they encounter, I'll take this survey with a grain of salt...
    You say many, but compared to what? Of the millions of i4s
    already sold, do you really think a "lot" are having issues? Or
    is it the ones who are the loudest are those who don't have
    the device (and are speaking through what they hear) and
    those who aren't even in great service area to begin with
    who complain about bad service?

I have the device and everyone I know who actually own it
    have not had any issues and those who don't are worried
    because of the media hype and haven't even tested out
    for themselves.

It's funny, but I'm one of those people who have problems with the iPhone+ATT combination, I stick with it though. Although I get dropped calls on a daily basis, I still prefer that over using something else. I guess I could go Droid, but at this point, I'm not sure if I want to bother tinkering with a new device. Actually, I'm sure of it, since I did order a new iPhone just the other day in black since it's not coming in white anytime soon.
    THIS is what I was talking about. You see it here everyday. It doesn't say anything about ATT's service, it says something about iPhone users. And I'm not comparing it to anything, just pointing it out...
    07-27-10 10:01 AM
    Haven't seen 5 yet on 3G here, but I generally get 2-3 down and around 1.5 up at my house in Riverview. The download speed has been up over 3 a couple of times. Way, WAY faster than EDGE. I probably have more network congestion here, though, because I'm right near I-75. I guess AT&T has the newer 7.2 Mbps around here now.
    Tampa area definitely has more congestion than where I live so I'm sure I wouldn't see 5+ down either.
    07-27-10 10:01 AM
    THIS is what I was talking about. You see it here everyday. It doesn't say anything about ATT's service, it says something about iPhone users. And I'm not comparing it to anything, just pointing it out...
    I'm sure you're right but to a very small % I believe. I know I am an Apple fan but if I'm dropping calls left and right there is no way I'd deal with it. I'd know the iPhone would eventually go to other networks with better service in "my area" and just wait. That being said, I have excellent AT&T service where I do live.
    07-27-10 10:03 AM
    I'm here to say AT&T's service is SUPURB in my area. NOt a bad thing to say about it. AND I'm not an iPhone user.
    07-27-10 10:04 AM
    I live one mile from the largest ATT store in my city. No coverage. When I called them, they said they had NO plans to add another tower or anything that would allow me coverage. My son got an iPhone anyway. He can not use it at home. He can not use it at the lake. He can not use it at the beach. He can not use it hunting. VZW works great in all these places.

jr
    07-27-10 10:23 AM
    Yes it says something, that I like the iPhone. ATT's service is fine, my friends who have it and don't have iPhones don't drop calls.

I don't understand the big deal about this. Basically the options are as follows for me:

1. Use iPhone, get dropped calls.
    2. Get something else that's not as good.

I choose option 1.

I had a choice with my house too:

1. Get a so-so house in a really good neighborhood.
    2. Get a really nice house in a so-so neighborhood.

I had a choice in women too:

1. Get a model, pretty but shallow.
    2. Get someone not as pretty, but more substance.

I had a choice in TVs:

1. Big but expensive.
    2. Small but cheap.

Life is full of choices.
    07-27-10 10:53 AM
    Hahahaha nice I like your choices.
    07-27-10 10:56 AM
    Yes it says something, that I like the iPhone. ATT's service is fine, my friends who have it and don't have iPhones don't drop calls.

I don't understand the big deal about this. Basically the options are as follows for me:

1. Use iPhone, get dropped calls.
    2. Get something else that's not as good.

I choose option 1.

I had a choice with my house too:

1. Get a so-so house in a really good neighborhood.
    2. Get a really nice house in a so-so neighborhood.

I had a choice in women too:

1. Get a model, pretty but shallow.
    2. Get someone not as pretty, but more substance.

I had a choice in TVs:

1. Big but expensive.
    2. Small but cheap.

Life is full of choices.
    Forgot one...

1. Beer
    2. Liquor

07-27-10 10:58 AM
    Hahahahaha man you guys are entertaining. That's a good one I choose beer personally.
    07-27-10 11:01 AM
    Yes it says something, that I like the iPhone.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. You don't have much choice on the ATT thing. It's like a survey of Kenworth truck drivers saying the are satisfied with using diesel
    07-27-10 11:30 AM
    Yeah, that's what I meant. You don't have much choice on the ATT thing. It's like a survey of Kenworth truck drivers saying the are satisfied with using diesel
    Very good point made here.
    07-27-10 11:33 AM
    I live one mile from the largest ATT store in my city. No coverage. When I called them, they said they had NO plans to add another tower or anything that would allow me coverage. My son got an iPhone anyway. He can not use it at home. He can not use it at the lake. He can not use it at the beach. He can not use it hunting. VZW works great in all these places.

jr
    Whose fault is it to buy a phone where there's no service. That's surely not the carrier's fault be to bagged on about if the customer knowingly still keeps the phone.

That's like buying a bicycle and wondering why it wont go as fast as a car.
    07-27-10 12:10 PM

jr
    You can't be serious.
    07-27-10 01:32 PM
    I don't believe that one bit
    07-27-10 01:35 PM
    I've been with AT&T for years. I started having problems with dropped calls in the last year...and that was with my Bold 9000. AT&T has been good to me, and very accomodating when I wasn't happy.

I think it's "fashionable" to bash AT&T. I also believe that many actually no nothing of what they speak...it's all based on what they've read or heard from others.
    07-27-10 02:16 PM
    AT&T Views Relationship With Apple as a "Net Positive"
    Here is atts CEO talking about the relationship with apple, and where it lies. There are some good numbers too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 03:38 PM
    I've had Att with iphones and blackberrys and it is quite intersting to see that most complains of poor network come from iphone users. I currently have iphone 4 and it is a vast improvement, no drop calls so far (knock on wood). Different phone, same network, better reception...so what is the real issue?

P.S. att has improved their network in great strides (at least here in NYC), so maybe a little bit of both?
    07-28-10 10:46 AM
    I think it's "fashionable" to bash AT&T. I also believe that many actually no nothing of what they speak...it's all based on what they've read or heard from others.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, over the years(s) it's become the "cool" thing to bash AT&T. In the meantime I just chuckle with my supposed awful AT&T 3g speed getting 5Mbps down on 3G while they struggle to get 2Mbps on their "4g".
    07-28-10 10:52 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD