I look around the 9800 forums and man.... it's like a bar brawl in there. Guy says something remotely negative about the Torch, and he gets dragged over the coals. I don't really see too much of that in this section.

A lot of those guys (and gals) seem a little uptight. Back when antennagate was going on, we iPhone guys took our lumps, and sure it got a little heated once in a while, but over there it's like those wildfires in Russia.

I remember one dude saying he had to look over something like 8 Torches to fine one that looked ok to him, and guys jump on him telling him he's OCD. That's pretty harsh. Anytime some dude comes and says he's having problems, a dozen guys come in saying their Torch is perfect. Like that's helpful. Now there's a whole thread about sticking on Post-its or electrical tape to keep the Torch from wobbling. It's as bad as the duct tape fiasco.

Looking at the crazy problems they got over there with the Torch, some dude recommends wiping the device before you even use it and another guy recommends deleting half the stuff on there, I'm so glad I went with iPhone. Maybe in another two or three years Torch will be ready for prime time. By them maybe they'll get some apps in App World. Until then, I doubt I'll be looking at another BB for a while.
    08-23-10 12:31 AM

I am very laid back.
    08-23-10 12:43 AM
    Maybe it has something to do with the employment rate of BB users versus iPhone users? Work tends to stress people out.
    08-23-10 06:51 AM
    Maybe it has something to do with the employment rate of BB users versus iPhone users? Work tends to stress people out.
    hahaha lmao!!!!! too funny.

I noticed that I'm more stressed out on days when I use my 9700 and calmer on days I'm on my ip4. I think.... THINK, that it may be the fact that everything is constantly going off--email, SMS, bbm!!!
    either way, I like both platforms alot. I'm more of a BB guy but the iPhone is great too. especially now that the ip4 has a real battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 07:00 AM
    You should check out android forums. They'll bite your head off lol.

And anyway, I didn't like the torch either. A touchscreen bold would put them on the map I say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 09:22 AM
    It's always like that with new BB that get released. i remember when i got my 9700, it was crazy in the section of the forum.
    There's always going to be people that complain about every single little thing and there's always going to be people that defend there purchase no matter what.
    it's hard to find an honest good review thread these days
    08-23-10 09:48 AM
    I noticed too how, when someone says something negative about the Torch especially, the replies are alittle harsh. I cannot say what goes on in the Android forums too much as I stop by there once in a blue moon, but I go to the BB forums a lot. Was thinking about the Torch. When I asked, "Why would Rim use a 2+ year old screen and processor", I was told that if I didn't like it, I should get a iToy or a Android phone.

I am sure there are some leveled headed posters in those forums just as there are a few a-holes like there are in most forums. I guess that's why they have an ignore feature.
    08-23-10 12:55 PM
    Apparently us iPhone users are pretentious.

08-23-10 02:51 PM
    More laid back maybe,

laid more......absolutely!
    08-23-10 03:36 PM
    More laid back maybe,

laid more......absolutely!
    LOL! Love it!

A friend said he saw something on CB that said something to the effect of:

iPhone users are trendy, BlackBerry users are important...
    08-23-10 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD