I have been seeing a lot of these sites that tell you that they can unlock an iphone to work with verizon. I thought this was impossible without a soldering gun and an electrical engineering degree. Has anyone done this or heard of this?
    01-09-09 06:24 AM
    I have been seeing a lot of these sites that tell you that they can unlock an iphone to work with verizon. I thought this was impossible without a soldering gun and an electrical engineering degree. Has anyone done this or heard of this?
    Can't be done - VZW CDMA vs GSM two totally different frequencies and the iPhone doesn't have the capability to get on VZW or Sprints CDMA frequencies.
    Last edited by mpafr012; 01-09-09 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Changed Storm to iPhone
    01-09-09 08:23 AM
    So these sites are BS with there unlock codes. I thought that but I just wanted to check with someone else. Thanks
    01-09-09 10:20 AM
    So these sites are BS with there unlock codes. I thought that but I just wanted to check with someone else. Thanks
    Yes it is BS because the iPhone does not have the CDMA chip. The iPhone can now be unlocked and used on all GSM networks though.
    01-09-09 06:16 PM
    It prob. wont go for verizon but I talked to this manger once from verizon and he said if the possibility of it ever going to verizon would be around like 2010-2012 because the contract will be up with ATT and Apple.... and verizon might just take a bite
    01-11-09 07:33 PM
    It prob. wont go for verizon but I talked to this manger once from verizon and he said if the possibility of it ever going to verizon would be around like 2010-2012 because the contract will be up with ATT and Apple.... and verizon might just take a bite
    doubt it, apple holds too much control over the phones software for Vzw's liking. Thats the reason they rejected the initial advance from Apple for the iPhone.

That would be a marriage made in ****, the most controlling software company with the most unreasonably restrictive cell phone/data company.
    01-11-09 09:43 PM
    anyone know the release date of the iphone for verizon?
    11-08-09 07:32 PM
    it also depends if apple feels like making a cdma version its possible it would open up to any gsm carrier though.

Plus the iphone would suck without simultaneous voice/data.
    11-09-09 12:46 AM
    Apple to make a cdma iPhone would be a complete waste of money to say the least. The iPhone will makes its way to the dreaded red ring of death carrier but not until LTE is in full swing.. 100's of cities.. not just 5 or 10 or 20.
    11-09-09 09:42 AM
    anyone know the release date of the iphone for verizon?
    After seeing that new verizon vid now directly attacking the iphone..dont count on one anytime soon
    11-09-09 10:10 AM
    Actually, with extensive research and about 12,000$ USD I was able to create an iPhone running on Verizon Wireless. I have achieved REV-A Speeds, as well as keeping WiFi. I used an Intel Atom core processor. and a 6 CELL lithium-ion battery. By adding the intel ATOM, the iPhone was now able to accept a CDMA radio. I got the radio from the Samsung Omnia. The work was extensive and sometimes difficult. But the end result was an iPhone running on the countries greatest and largest 3G network. Coding was a bit difficult as I had to use multiple installers and my own Chevrolet drivers. (i.e. Dale)

In ROOT, i had to create multiple new "rungs" of code to either bypass old or add new. This was most difficult as their are many layers to this. Many I.O. Bits were toggled, and most were forced.

I had a few bugs along the way, but in the end.. It's still an iPhone.

11-09-09 10:15 AM
    ... and that winterboard icon, just part of your imagination...
    11-09-09 10:17 AM
    Actually, with extensive research and about 12,000$ USD I was able to create an iPhone running on Verizon Wireless. I have achieved REV-A Speeds, as well as keeping WiFi. I used an Intel Atom core processor. and a 6 CELL lithium-ion battery. By adding the intel ATOM, the iPhone was now able to accept a CDMA radio. I got the radio from the Samsung Omnia. The work was extensive and sometimes difficult. But the end result was an iPhone running on the countries greatest and largest 3G network. Coding was a bit difficult as I had to use multiple installers and my own Chevrolet drivers. (i.e. Dale)

In ROOT, i had to create multiple new "rungs" of code to either bypass old or add new. This was most difficult as their are many layers to this. Many I.O. Bits were toggled, and most were forced.

I had a few bugs along the way, but in the end.. It's still an iPhone.

Very interesting! Do you have pictures of installing the new processor or a pic of the actual iphone with the verizon screen?
    11-09-09 10:49 AM
    If you can't tell that's fake, then I got a big green bridge I want to sell you.. It's located in Arizona and used to be in London..make me an offer, I'll sell it cheap.
    11-09-09 10:56 AM
    Someone actually fell for that..
    11-09-09 11:02 AM
    I thought it was funny, no? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 08:57 PM
    Can't believe they fell for that. Brian mentioned to ignore the Winterboard app because it's a theme from Cydia LOL.
    11-09-09 09:26 PM
    That's hilarious... good work, you got a couple ^_^
    11-10-09 08:19 AM
    I hear the iPhone was built for GSM and won't work on a CDMA network. Is that true?
    11-10-09 08:34 AM
    I hear the iPhone was built for GSM and won't work on a CDMA network. Is that true?
    It's completely false.. take your flux capacitor and make some dilythium crystals. Those crystals are what is needed to make the iPhone work on both Sprint and Verizon..

you basically flatten the crystal and then take the SIM chip out and put the crystal in it's spot.. it has a harmonic hum that allows the frequencies used by CDMA to be recognized by the iPhone.

I swears..
    11-10-09 11:00 AM
    wow........
    11-10-09 11:09 AM
    It's completely false.. take your flux capacitor and make some dilythium crystals. Those crystals are what is needed to make the iPhone work on both Sprint and Verizon..

you basically flatten the crystal and then take the SIM chip out and put the crystal in it's spot.. it has a harmonic hum that allows the frequencies used by CDMA to be recognized by the iPhone.

I swears..
    What? How are you familiar with the flux capacitor??? Are you One of Them? Does the cow jump over the moon when the clouds are shine?
    11-10-09 11:26 AM
    What? How are you familiar with the flux capacitor??? Are you One of Them? Does the cow jump over the moon when the clouds are shine?
    It's the kniffling pin that does so. Remember to add extra rung in layer 2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 01:14 PM
    iPhone was in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith.
    11-10-09 01:54 PM
    Freaking hilarious..
    01-18-10 06:25 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD