I like the setting of the BB ads...the social aspect and how they are trying to get people to see how a BB would complement them in real world scenarios (date ad, designer ad etc). I just wish they had more to market than BBM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 02:35 PM
    Clear difference is 6,000 vs a few million people with the feature and where its 100% free to use and no special plan needed. Anyone who buys the phone has the feature to use no matter what plan they choose. People will only use something if they know others who have it to use it with obviously.

Its the sheer number of people who have it which drive the popularity of the feature and the iphone having it and selling millions could make the feature more mainstream than it ever was.
    Point is-- there wasn't that much interest. But yeah sure, ur right, if it's there and it's free people will use the heck out of it.

07-11-10 03:52 PM
    The problem is that it relies so much on both parties being on wifi at the same time and 99.9% of the time they would have a computer there doing the same job better, without worrying about holding the phone right and battery running out. I seriously doubt anybody will be using this while in a public location, coffee shop etc
    Above all, people like their privacy.
    Also the add is a bit misleading, aren't you supposed to turn your phone off in hospitals?

07-11-10 04:18 PM
    Phone yes but if theres wifi theres wifi since Facetime needs WIFI

And I think the plan is to do facetime off WIFI when there's LTE. People have tried it on 3G using MIFI's and it was less than good performing.
    07-11-10 04:33 PM
    So deaf people are supposed to call their loved ones?
    If Apple really cared about people being able to call their loved ones they would end the exclusivity with AT&T.

07-11-10 08:20 PM
    What in the heck does that have to do with facetime which DOESNT EVEN RUN ON ATT BUT ON WIFI.

ATT also works fine for TENS OF MILLIONS of people just fine.

Shocker the ATT bashers are the ones who dont even use ATT to know and just spew crap they hear from the few complaints out there.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 07-11-10 at 10:26 PM.
    07-11-10 10:21 PM
    Yet another useless feature that Crapple is trying to act like they invented. Front facing cameras and video calling have been around for years, and guess what? Nobody really cares. It not a necessity.

You're right its been around for years.

HOWEVER, there is a huge difference between doing something and doing it right. Apple gets it right AGAIN.

This coming from a BB supporter who can't wait to get his hands on an iPhone 4.
    07-11-10 10:43 PM
    What in the heck does that have to do with facetime which DOESNT EVEN RUN ON ATT BUT ON WIFI.

ATT also works fine for TENS OF MILLIONS of people just fine.

Shocker the ATT bashers are the ones who dont even use ATT to know and just spew crap they hear from the few complaints out there.
    To portray Apple as enabler of communication between people and their loved ones after years of Apple not giving a damn about people not being able to call or text each other is hypocrisy.
    07-11-10 10:52 PM
    I see this gaining in popularity. You won't be able to go out without sharing your evening with the lady at the next table recounting the highlights of dating life at arms length with her speaker video phone. Maybe several callers there to share with. Want to know about Grandmas goiter? They will be yelling the details while you try to finish your meal.

Yum!

07-11-10 11:27 PM
    If Apple really cared about people being able to call their loved ones they would end the exclusivity with AT&T.

What do you mean being able to call their loved ones?
    07-12-10 08:32 AM
    Front facing cameras are going to become a standard soon

07-14-10 11:49 PM
    People seem to forget because THEY dont want it means no one else does. Thats ignorant, im sorry.

What about deaf/hearing impaired people? Like the Apple ad, it could be GREAT for hearing impaired people to communicate with video calling and sign language.

What about people overseas? What soldier wouldnt want to see their loved ones or child/new baby?

What parent wouldnt want to see an important day in their child's life when they move away for college or other reasons?

What about husband's/wives/couples in long distance relationships or just away on business to see each other?

Yes, I know Apple put most of it in their commercial, but it was BRILLIANT in the sense that it showed how video calling IS important to some and shows possible uses for the feature. No, Apple didnt invent the wheel here, but like other products theyre first to take it mainstream in the consumer space large scale.

People are naive and quick to bash something 1) they havent even used; and 2) hasnt been a mainstream US product until now. ITs easy to throw stones at the glass house and bash something youve never even used to see if youd have a use for it in the first place. And just because YOU dont have a use for it doesnt mean one of the other hundreds of millions of cell subscribers dont. There's a reason iphone 4 and a bunch on Android devices are starting to come with front-facing cameras.

Very closed minded and disappointing attitudes here.

Just like the haters who bashed the ipad because no one wanted a tablet and they sold a few million of them. Just like no one wanted games and apps on their phones, Apple has sold a few hundred million downloads.

Again, if you have no use for it and dont want to be open minded then why do you think we care? Sounds more like a bunch of Apple bashing and fanboyism then anything else here so far from the usual suspects who have nothing better to do than troll the Apple forum complaining about a phone and features they dont own and have no desire to own or use!
    I think I love you.
    07-18-10 09:00 PM
    What do you mean being able to call their loved ones?
    He's taking a stab at the phone feature is my guess. Either the Phone functionality or the antenna deal.
    07-18-10 09:10 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD