Hi.... I'm a happy blackberry user but was wondering something. Before I was going to get my blackberry, I was going to get an iPhone. But obviously I didn't. But I also got an iPod touch. Is the iphone's touchscreen the same as the iPod touch? Because if it is I'm glad I got. My blackberry because I'm a heavy texter and it would be a nuisance to text on the iphone's touchscreen keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 06:07 PM
    It is basically the same. not the same screen size and such, but concept, yes. Some people love the touch screen, and some people hate it.
    09-11-09 06:11 PM
    Hi.... I'm a happy blackberry user but was wondering something. Before I was going to get my blackberry, I was going to get an iPhone. But obviously I didn't. But I also got an iPod touch. Is the iphone's touchscreen the same as the iPod touch? Because if it is I'm glad I got. My blackberry because I'm a heavy texter and it would be a nuisance to text on the iphone's touchscreen keyboard.

Yes it is the same. It is not a nuisance once you get use to it. I type faster and have less mistakes (due to the iPhones autocorrect feature being the best) than I do on my Bold.

The iPhone has the best touchscreen keyboard in the game, so maybe touchscreen typing just isn't for you.
    09-11-09 06:13 PM
    I text way more on an iPhone than a Blackberry. I am approaching 10,000 texts sent this month with my iPhone and I am a VERY BUSY person.
    09-11-09 06:57 PM
    Yes it is the same. It is not a nuisance once you get use to it. I type faster and have less mistakes (due to the iPhones autocorrect feature being the best) than I do on my Bold.
    Wow, I absolutely hate the auto correct on the iPhone! Seems like it picks the wrong word for me quite often. I also hate that you have to move from the keyboard up to the text body to cancel the auto correct.
    09-13-09 07:52 PM
    You can turn the Auto-Correction off.
    Settings>General>Keyboard>Auto-Correction to OFF.

But I agree, it is a nuisance.
    09-13-09 08:15 PM
    I text way more on an iPhone than a Blackberry. I am approaching 10,000 texts sent this month with my iPhone and I am a VERY BUSY person.
    'Scuse me? 10,000 texts? In one month? That is over 330 a day. Say you are up for 16 hours a day, that is 20/hour. One every 3 minutes. Continuously. For 16 hours. No breaks, no eating, no anything else.

I find that a little difficult to believe....If it is true, maybe consider a little counseling?

Michael
    09-13-09 08:16 PM
    Wow, I absolutely hate the auto correct on the iPhone! Seems like it picks the wrong word for me quite often. I also hate that you have to move from the keyboard up to the text body to cancel the auto correct.
    It works great for me. It rarely picks the wrong word. You won't find a better autocorrect than the one on the iPhone.

09-13-09 11:46 PM
    I havent sent 10,000 text in total in my entire life
    09-14-09 01:06 PM
    Haha... Old bag! I use about 4K/month. It might be lower this month as I've been using bbm and AIM more.
    09-14-09 01:29 PM
    I read his statement again... lol. 10k sent!
    09-14-09 01:30 PM
    This chick had 30,000 text messages

09-14-09 05:12 PM
    all of my friends are at least around 4,000 a month....honestly im lucky if i hit 2000 i dont like having crazy long conversations through texts.....kinda gay as The Hangover would say haha
    09-14-09 06:00 PM
    I usually have around 1200+ each month. I don't consider that a lot at all. I know people who double that number in a week.
    09-14-09 06:04 PM
    Is there any setting or app similar to a BB for auto text? (not predictive text)

For example, on my BB, I was able to type W (space bar) and it would enter 'What's up how are you?"

or type my initials and it would type out all of my contact info that I programmed.
    10-02-09 10:19 AM
    Is there any setting or app similar to a BB for auto text? (not predictive text)

For example, on my BB, I was able to type W (space bar) and it would enter 'What's up how are you?"

or type my initials and it would type out all of my contact info that I programmed.
    I'd love to know the answer to this. I have a BB Tour and an iPod Touch (love them both) but then I'm typing on my iPod, I miss the auto text very much! I type u and expect it to change to you and it doesn't. Haha.
    10-02-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD