Nice mikos never thought of that........
    12-28-11 02:37 PM
    So simply install a silent ringtone on your phone and select this sound for any application you want to have as vibrate only. Works like a charm!
    I've been doing this for a long time. One of the best things to do.
    When spam calls come in, and after I hang them up, go to records and put them in "Spam" I created in my Address Book. And set it "silence". You won't even know they called again.
    12-29-11 11:37 AM
    This is cool stuff I just got my 4s
    Where are the smiley face icons at on the
    Phone though
    03-14-12 03:34 PM
    This is cool stuff I just got my 4s
    Where are the smiley face icons at on the
    Phone though
    Settings
    General
    Keyboard
    International Keyboard
    Add New Keyboard
    Emoji

But these emoticons will only be seen on other iPhones.
    03-15-12 10:49 AM
    Settings
    General
    Keyboard
    International Keyboard
    Add New Keyboard
    Emoji

But these emoticons will only be seen on other iPhones.
    Unless you're using WhatsApp, then whoever else has it will see them too!
    07-03-12 08:05 AM
    hey those n e 1 know where i can download ipod4,1_6.0_10a403 ipsw file ??? any help welcome
    10-09-12 01:15 PM
    Just picked up my first iPhone. Tip/trick I haven't seen posted here yet is if your feeling a little adventurous, hold the home button & press top/sleep button.

P.s. You may wanna check your Camera Roll
    10-24-12 08:25 PM
    Turn off ad-tracking.

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services (all the way on the bottom)>Location-Based iAds>Off
    10-25-12 02:30 PM
    Turn off ad-tracking.

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services (all the way on the bottom)>Location-Based iAds>Off
    RZ,
    Tks for this tip. I recently reset as new and had completely forgotten about this.

Good Luck
    10-26-12 06:52 PM
    Here's how to replace the signal strength bars on your iPhone with numbers). Ultimately the lower the number the better the signal strength.

Step One
    Open up your phone app

Step Two
    Tap the keyboard tab then dial *3001#12345#*.

Step Three
    Your phone is now in Field Test mode

Step Four
    Press and hold the Power button until the power slider appears.

Step Five
    Press and hold the Home button until the Field Test program is terminated. Notice the signal strength numbers still remain.

To Switch Back to Bars
    Dial *3001#12345#* again to enter Field Test mode.

There is no harm in doing this and I keep my signal consistently on numbers.
    11-03-12 10:29 PM
    To switch back to bars..... you can just tap the numbers, to switch back to numbers, just tap the bars.
    11-04-12 03:53 AM
    I don't know if everyone knows his but I only learnt this this weekend. When a message or notification comes through on the home screen all you have to do to get to the message is swipe the actual notification. I was doing it the long way and swiping the unlock screen and then going into the notification. My finance saw me doing this and showed me the much easier way.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Great tip. The long way sucked!!
    11-05-12 11:44 AM
    Great tip! Thanks
    12-02-12 02:54 PM
    If you want to use Siri to use Google Maps instead of the default Apple Maps, it seems there's a workaround. When making the request, add "via transit" to the phrase. For example, instead of saying "give me directions to the nearest Starbucks," say, "give me directions to the nearest Starbucks via transit." That will launch the transit menu, and from there, you can select Google Maps. It's a bit of a kludge, but it does work.

Here's a video of someone using it:

Get Directions On Google Maps With Siri! - YouTube

Addendum: This method obviously works with any other navigation app that offers Transit, and oddly, it works with Waze too.
    12-18-12 05:31 AM
    If you want to use Siri to use Google Maps instead of the default Apple Maps, it seems there's a workaround. When making the request, add "via transit" to the phrase. For example, instead of saying "give me directions to the nearest Starbucks," say, "give me directions to the nearest Starbucks via transit." That will launch the transit menu, and from there, you can select Google Maps. It's a bit of a kludge, but it does work.

Here's a video of someone using it:

Get Directions On Google Maps With Siri! - YouTube

Addendum: This method obviously works with any other navigation app that offers Transit, and oddly, it works with Waze too.
    Wow, I've been searching for this for ages.. works flawlessly!
    01-29-13 06:58 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD