Just found out the iPhone has no native Task app. Surprised me - chocked me actually!

So what do people use?

And how would one sync an Outlook Task list to the iPhone? Especially if one wanted to preserve the Contact/Task link?

- R.
    08-11-10 06:32 PM
    Did you just ask this? I'm pretty sure I answered it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/can...utlook-512010/
    08-11-10 06:56 PM
    Did you just ask this? I'm pretty sure I answered it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/can...utlook-512010/
    You did, thank you.

But you gave me the name of one program and I was hoping to collect more options. I felt the title of the other thread didn't reflect my goal well enough so I started a new one that was clearer.

S'ok?

- R.
    08-11-10 08:18 PM
    No prob but you probably can google to find stuff just like I googled to find the program for you. That may be better and you may get all the options you need that way.
    08-12-10 08:41 AM
    I use Todo on both my iphone and ipad. I like it a lot, easy to use and will sync easily.
    08-15-10 02:21 PM
    I have been using Outlook forever and never use tasks. I just create zero minute calendar entries for reminders. My iPhone syncs with my work through our server and it syncs email, contact and calendar entires via wireless.
    08-15-10 02:41 PM
    I have been using Outlook forever and never use tasks. I just create zero minute calendar entries for reminders. My iPhone syncs with my work through our server and it syncs email, contact and calendar entires via wireless.
    I've looked at that as both my brother and father-in-law use this technique.

But I can't find a way to flag the calendar entries as "complete" so they disappear from the list but still remain on file for reference. And if you have multiple 0 minute entries starting at the same time (or within the 15 or 20 min display increment) they appear side by side instead of below one another in a "list" format. When you have 20+ tasks in a given day, the display becomes impossible to read.

Add to that the inability to sort by Category, which is a time management technique I've used for years (similar to the Getting Things Done or GTD technique) and this just starts to fall apart.

Unless I'm missing something? The lack of a native Task app, integrated with the Calendar and Contacts may be enough to keep me away from iPhones completely. As much as I'd love to try one.

- R.
    08-18-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD