I will watch this event with interest and wonder how it will play out... Random things I'm curious about....

- when will the VZ iPhone ship?
    - any chance it is LTE, not EVDO?
    - why has VZ shortened the worry-free return window to 14 days?
    - will the VZ network be able to handle the increased data draw from new iPhone subscribers?
    - browsing the web/e-mail while on a phone call isn't an option with CDMA unless you do it via WIFI... probably not much of a difference, but it is an - difference nonetheless... how will it impact the experience?
    - if not LTE, how will EVDO speeds compare to 3G using the iPhone? (For me, 3G is consistently faster than EVDO on a Galaxy S Android device, but that is android and a small sample size.)
    - will FIOS apps now be VZ specific or remain open to AT&T iPhones as well?
    - what apps will VZ bundle with the iPhone?
    01-10-11 10:00 AM
    You do realize that no one here knows the answers to most of the questions that you are asking right. One thing is for sure, the VZW iPhone will not be LTE. Apple never jumps on new tech early. A perfect example is the original iPhone that was an edge only device at a time when 3G was fairly common.
    01-10-11 11:05 AM
    You do realize that no one here knows the answers to most of the questions that you are asking right.
    Yeah. It was more just me listing out the unknowns...
    01-10-11 12:30 PM
    No simultaneous voice and data, I'll pass.
    01-10-11 01:06 PM
    same here, and vzw's a lot slower when it comes to data speeds, i can't wait to see how their network handles all the data the new iphone users are gonna demand
    01-10-11 04:52 PM
    Will let you know once we make the switch...lol!

Simultaneous data/voice won't affect most users though.
    01-10-11 06:27 PM
    Well it will not be LTE, we know that for sure. Simultaneous voice and data is like heated seats, it's the small things that once you have it you need it. LTE will allow that but you have to be on WIFI with CDMA to make it happen. If you already have the app for FIOS you should be ok they can't pull it off your phone but the can stop supporting it but I doubt that happens. Skype still works on Iphone and it's a VZ exclusive now.
    01-10-11 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD