I'm sure this has been posted before, but I really want an answer to my specific dilemma. I have a Blackberry 8320, with the unlimited blackberry data plan from T-mobile. I'm getting an iPhone, the most recent 2nd gen. 2G one, not the 3G (it's unlocked). I wanted to know if my blackberry unlimited dataplan would work with the iPhone and allow me to use the iPhone with all abilities (as if I had AT&T). If not, how would I go about doing this, if possible? Thanks in advance for your help.
    02-11-09 05:09 PM
    I'm sure this has been posted before, but I really want an answer to my specific dilemma. I have a Blackberry 8320, with the unlimited blackberry data plan from T-mobile. I'm getting an iPhone, the most recent 2nd gen. 2G one, not the 3G (it's unlocked). I wanted to know if my blackberry unlimited dataplan would work with the iPhone and allow me to use the iPhone with all abilities (as if I had AT&T). If not, how would I go about doing this, if possible? Thanks in advance for your help.
    your good to go with the BB plan if you plan on keeping the BB as well. as long as you have a unlimited data plan, you will be good to go.

your just gonna lose the visual voicemail feature, that's all.
    02-11-09 05:16 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com as well.

I co-sign what map stated. You're good to go!
    02-11-09 06:00 PM
    To do this you need to go into Settings>Network>Cellular Data Network and where it says VPN try epc.tmobile.com and if that doesn't work try internet2.voicestream.com, no password or username.
    02-12-09 09:44 PM
    I have also used wap.voicestream.com as my apn when I switch to my iphone. I kee the BB data plan so I can make the switch painless.
    02-13-09 12:58 AM
    epl.tmobile.com works better, give it a try.
    02-13-09 01:49 PM
    I'm currently using a iPhone 2G (as of a week ago) on T-Mobile with the unlimited BIS addon. I called and spoke with Tmo's unsupported device devision and they told me that there are 4 APN's that I'm allowed to use. The following is a list of those APN's in order of fastest to slowest (from my own testing):

1. internet3.voicestream.com
    2. epc.tmobile.com
    3. internet2.voicestream.com
    4. wap.voicestream.com

epc.tmobile.com might feel like the fastest APN because it compresses images for faster transfer. But, in actual speed testing, I found that internet3.voicestream.com was faster.
    02-13-09 03:07 PM
    I think I might do T-Mobile FlexPlan... cause ATT wants $750 for 1 Line.. i'm like pft.. So atm i'm GoPhone BlackBerry 9000 lol..
    02-18-09 11:29 PM
    I think I might do T-Mobile FlexPlan... cause ATT wants $750 for 1 Line.. i'm like pft.. So atm i'm GoPhone BlackBerry 9000 lol..

What plan are you looking at that's cosing you $750 ??

To go back to the topic, I'm guessing your IPhone is jailbroken or did you get the nonbranded IPhone? If its jailbroken, make sure you don't install any of the IPhone updates, until someone's jailbroken that version.
    Last edited by arch378; 02-21-09 at 09:24 AM.
    02-21-09 09:21 AM
    y are you going to use blackberry data plan on T-Mobile??!?!? that's like $20/month

since u have to jail break and unlock anyway, you might as well go for the 5.99 tzones plan with the big boss tzones hack
    02-24-09 02:22 PM
    What plan are you looking at that's cosing you $750 ??

To go back to the topic, I'm guessing your IPhone is jailbroken or did you get the nonbranded IPhone? If its jailbroken, make sure you don't install any of the IPhone updates, until someone's jailbroken that version.
    The security deposit.
    02-24-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD