With the KEYone on the edge of release, saw latest iPhone7 commercial at an NHL Hockey game tonight (traditionally a BlackBerry commercial territory).
    Opening scene was puzzling...So I have some questions Apple was obviously targetting the teen/adult audience with this one.
    - Is apple perpetuating the wide-open cultural beat down on boys (see picture) :-)?
    - or are they subtly discouraging mixed-race friendships between boys and girls (see first iPhone-7 seconds of ad)?
    - or are they really just using "Stickers" to hold the iPhone together?
    - does the fun commercial have negative overtones (public vandalism?) (okay these questions are of the tongue in cheek variety - sort of)
    ...catchy tune though..
    Reminds me of grade 1 when I got stickers, if I printed my letters well...I didn't much care for them. I was happy with the "custom" red pen happy face from the teacher, but I know the girls liked them.
    Grade 1 kids don't get cellphones though, at least on my planet.
    Doesn't everybody have stickers?
    Think mom's going to buy her pre-literate daughter a what $$$$$ iphone7 ? I hear stickers might be a thing somewhere in the world, but really a whole commercial? ( No one has Apple's bank account for advertising) I wouldn't expect the KEYone to match anything like that ad, What do you think?

"full ad found here: youtu.be/XBfk1TIWptI "

iPhone still a girls phone? Starts w/ beat down on boy & uses stickers 2hold iphone7 together?-apple-stickers-holding-iphone-together.png
    TGIS likes this.
    04-21-17 08:51 PM
    I don't know where you're going with this, but as it doesn't relate to the KEYone, I'm moving it to the iPhone/iPad forum.
    BigBadWulf, TGIS, xandros9 and 1 others like this.
    04-21-17 09:51 PM
    ...off to the outer rim it is...i guess.
    04-23-17 03:36 AM
    I think you're reading into it all a tad too much? Just my opinion. Stickers are an easy way to convey a specific activity, emotion or state. And they're fun.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-24-17 12:54 AM
    iPhone spans everyone. Every gender, age, race etc. You can make a commercial for it all. They can capture the eyes for business people on one and then a 16 year old in another. Their ecosystem allows for that more than any other out there.
    Laura Knotek and xandros9 like this.
    04-24-17 04:12 AM
    Apple Commercial shows males as either 'rejects, stiff suits (who ironically are really using the device as a phone!) , old men, or violent fight prone teenagers' , while (the other gender female).. girls are running dancing fairies, until the end where the boy meets the bra-less girl in the flimsey low-buttoned summer dress. Interesting that the girls are the only ones who are 'benignly' allowed to initiate physical contact with a member of the opposite sex in this commercial -(a slap of something on the backide) ---clearly heavily influenced by a certain feminist mindset subconsciously or not - its all there. Hope the boys aren't confused about Apple's message.
    TGIS likes this.
    04-24-17 10:03 PM
    Pretty much everyone uses iphones, but If you're a man that carries a white iphone, you need to seriously rethink your life.

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-24-17 10:23 PM
    Pretty much everyone uses iphones, but If you're a man that carries a white iphone, you need to seriously rethink your life.

Posted via CB10
    Actually...I almost never see any males using iphones..the only one I saw had dyed his black hair white on the last top inch of his head - it might explain it better if I told you he was a teenager (looked like he had a small white hat on his head)...even then he said he was dumping it, when he gets a new phone (something wasn't quite right with the phone for him, but I don't recall what) ...only 1 suit had an iphone as well (but that was somewhat understandable,, his corporate platform was apple)....surpisingly other than the Androids, I've seen a surpising number of BlackBerry's of various vintages. (mostly bb10)...but these are people who usually aren't visibly flogging their phones all the time....ie they are sitting quietly in their pockets most of the time (when they are out on leisure activities, probably mostly use them in conjuction with work) . I have seen more women out and about with iphones.
    04-24-17 11:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    There's plenty of reasons to rethink my life, but I can assure you that carrying a white iPhone or judging anyone's color choice is not a one of them.

*Having toted a white 4/4s, gold/white 5s, panda colored 5c and Lumia 640 previously when I jumped between phones a lot.

Heck, I know people who pull off off-white suits.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-25-17 01:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Judging a man by his iPhone's color?
    YOU need to seriously rethink your life.
    xandros9 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    04-25-17 03:31 AM
    Judging a man by his iPhone's color?
    YOU need to seriously rethink your life.
    What? It's yours? and you didn't borrow it from your wife?.....oh wait, I forgot we're in Alaska now in the middle of the winter, so a white phone?...okay that's chill.
    04-25-17 01:19 PM
    There's plenty of reasons to rethink my life, but I can assure you that carrying a white iPhone or judging anyone's color choice is not a one of them.

*Having toted a white 4/4s, gold/white 5s, panda colored 5c and Lumia 640 previously when I jumped between phones a lot.

Heck, I know people who pull off off-white suits.
    Is your big screen tv also white? (maybe its an interior design thing) ;-)
    04-25-17 01:26 PM
    Is your big screen tv also white? (maybe its an interior design thing) ;-)
    Don't own one.
    04-26-17 03:21 PM