03-04-10 10:48 AM
28 12
tools
    i've had my 3gs since december and it's already boring. i can't even listen to pandora and surf safari at the same time. jailbreak slowed it down too much so im using stock again.

i played with my coworker's droid the other day and its awesome. it can multitask and its smooth. so is my storm 2. and my friend's pre is awesome.

why is iphone so laggy when multitasking on jailbreak????

anyway, im planning on selling my 3gs and buying a pre or droid next weekend. iphone is old now.
    03-02-10 12:17 PM
    LAWL The Pre is laggy even WITHOUT multitasking.

And the Storm1/2 can't even boot up without self destructing.

The Droid though, that is something to be envious of.
    03-02-10 12:26 PM
    i've had my 3gs since december and it's already boring. i can't even listen to pandora and surf safari at the same time. jailbreak slowed it down too much so im using stock again.

i played with my coworker's droid the other day and its awesome. it can multitask and its smooth. so is my storm 2. and my friend's pre is awesome.

why is iphone so laggy when multitasking on jailbreak????

anyway, im planning on selling my 3gs and buying a pre or droid next weekend. iphone is old now.
    Maybe because jailbreaking is hacking your phone and you should expect the OS to be buggy at times when you do it. The persons who puts out the jailbreaks warn us about this beforehand.

Having said, that go with the device that's best for you. If you need a device with 3rd party multitasking, go with an Android device. In other areas the OS still needs a lot of work. But if it's a deal breaker for you, go with it. Stay away from WebOS though.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 03-02-10 at 01:41 PM.
    03-02-10 12:50 PM
    My 3Gs is not laggy watsoever with a jailbreak and multitasking. Your phone must be defunct, or your doing something wrong.
    03-02-10 01:39 PM
    Ok I'm starting to think you made this account to troll you have this thread and then another thread saying leaving the iPhone going back to the storm 2
    03-02-10 01:53 PM
    Ok I'm starting to think you made this account to troll you have this thread and then another thread saying leaving the iPhone going back to the storm 2
    LOL. It's a little strange that someone would create the handle "iPhoneuser" who apparently doesn't like it anymore. And the account was created either yesterday or today. I'm sure it didn't get stale overnight. Might be a troll, but either way, the thread is useless.
    03-02-10 01:59 PM
    LOL. It's a little strange that someone would create the handle "iPhoneuser" who apparently doesn't like it anymore. And the account was created either yesterday or today. I'm sure it didn't get stale overnight. Might be a troll, but either way, the thread is useless.
    It's not strange at all it very obvios what he's doin he could have discussed it a little better i'm going to keep track of his post I'm positive he's a troll, that's just sad
    03-02-10 02:08 PM
    I felt the same way about the iPhone OS getting stale..

Switched to the Droid and still love the true customization it offers.
    03-02-10 02:18 PM
    Come on now, the iPhone OS is like 3 years old, almost 4.

BlackBerry's OS has been around since 2001, and has seen very little change, software wise.

Palms OS was roughly 17 before it got revamped.

I think some people are just being way to ADD about their OS.
    03-02-10 02:26 PM

BlackBerry's OS has been around since 2001, and has seen very little change, software wise.

Palms OS was roughly 17 before it got revamped.

I think some people are just being way to ADD about their OS.
    I agree. Android is just a newer phone so of course people think it's less "stale" and plus it's customizable whereas the iPhone isn't. Some people don't think blackberry OS is stale because they get to change themes. In my opinion, the iPhone OS is still better than anything out there in terms of ease of use and just the UI. Sure we would like customization, but at the end of the day, I'm not going to switch phones because I can't use widgets. I'm going with the one that works best for me.

Another thing is, people that aren't really "techies" or visit sites like this on a regular basis are completely oblivious to OS systems. They just know what phone they have. I have a couple of friends that have samsung moments with Sprint and I asked them what version of Andriod they were running. There response "what's Andriod?". All they knew what they had a samsung moment. I had to explain to them that smartphones now are like computers with different OS platforms that run different OS in the same way computers have Linux, Windows and Mac. And I won't even tell you what my other friend said when I asked them about the version os BB OS on their phone. They don't have a clue and they don't care. And this is typically the general consumer. This is also why many of them hang on to devices because they don't realize the differences in OS platforms until someone educates them.

When the nexus one came out, another friend said "it is exactly like the iPhone, same system and everything except it's made by google". What!?
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 03-02-10 at 02:50 PM.
    03-02-10 02:44 PM
    People just have the need to change phones every other month... whatever rocks their boat. Like some have posted.. just the fact that it's new or newer must mean it's the best.. lol.
    Both Google's Android and Palm's Web OS have made advancements in the smart phone market but neither were the game changers that the iPhone OS was, just the facts.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 03-02-10 at 04:04 PM.
    03-02-10 03:58 PM
    Your iPhone is slow because of all the crap you installed. My iPhone was just as fast jailbroken compared to my friend's unjailbroken iPhone. ****, even my iPod touch 2G ran smooth and without trouble when it was jailbroken.
    03-02-10 05:39 PM
    Actually its only just over 2.5 years old (summer 2007) which makes your point even stronger.

In the end use what you want. But i have ZERO problems with a jailbroken 3GS with backgrounder, SBSettings, and all kinds of tweaks. Sounds like user error to me and not the phone. Get rid of all the crap where you dont know what youre doing and it runs fine.

Anything new out will seem less "stale." I mean its pretty obvious common sense that it just came out under a year ago (besides the G1 which was only Tmo) so people arent bored of it yet.

iPhone 4.0 should be out this summer with the new phone so I dont see how its "stale." OS's dont change dramatically year after year, just new ones come along which are appealing for a min or 2.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-02-10 at 05:54 PM.
    03-02-10 05:52 PM
    In all fairness the iphone OS is ultra smooth.
    03-02-10 05:58 PM
    I agree, I got kinda tired of the iPhone so I'm using a rooted mytouch. But I have a Bold 9700 until I put it up on ebay in a few days, and I LOVE IT!! Too bad BB data is so expensive and there is no IMEI change to use a generic data plan with it.
    03-02-10 07:31 PM
    At least the iPhone can play music from the iPod at the same time you browse.
    03-02-10 07:32 PM
    Credibility was lost when the word jailbroken was mentioned.. I mean seriously jailbreaking is nice but to blame Apple for any OS bug be it slow or stagnant when you hacked the crap out of it?
    03-02-10 08:24 PM
    Lol. People just love complaining about Apple when they screw something up and they don't know how to fix it.

I don't understand how you can install so much crap from Cydia that you can slow down a 3GS... Nobody needs that many mobile substrate add ons.
    03-02-10 11:20 PM
    I totally agree. My phone is jailbroken, doesn't lag and multitasks well. I listen to Sirius Radio always while I am browsing the web with Safari.

My 3Gs is not laggy watsoever with a jailbreak and multitasking. Your phone must be defunct, or your doing something wrong.
    03-03-10 03:05 AM
    I've had my 3GS for 6 months and my Droid for 3 months and I'll say the Droid is still the better device, hands down. But when it comes to ease of use, iphone is King!!!!
    Talking to yourself?
    03-03-10 11:57 AM
    Talking to yourself?
    Hey moderator you shuold really close this thread and look at the guys history who started it very obvious he is a troll. He has two post under the name iPhone user proclaiming either the platform is stale like i this post and in his other one that he is leaving the iphone going back to the storm 2, someone should also delete that account as well.
    03-03-10 12:12 PM
    All things in good time. It's under investigation. I'm hoping the user will contact me, and fess up and then I will let him keep his primary name and not lose them all. (There are several names involved)
    03-03-10 12:53 PM
    IP traces?
    03-03-10 12:55 PM
    I've had my 3GS for 6 months and my Droid for 3 months and I'll say the Droid is still the better device, hands down. But when it comes to ease of use, iphone is King!!!!
    You really like that awful keyboard.. wow.. Hey if you like it..
    03-03-10 01:40 PM
    You really like that awful keyboard.. wow.. Hey if you like it..
    I fully agree. After using an iPhone, any phone with a keyboard just feels clunky and old.
    03-03-10 02:17 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD