Ok, so I really really wanna use my upgrade on a new iPhone. Ive called 8 ATT stores by me, and they are all sold out. Apple wont sell me one cause Im not the primary account holder (even though I have authorization clearly stated all over my bill and account to make any account decisions)

UGH! sorry for the rant. Did many of you have this same problem?
    08-24-09 12:38 PM
    Take the primary account holder with you to an Apple store.
    08-24-09 12:41 PM
    the primary account holder doesnt live near me. Im on a family plan with my brother.
    08-24-09 12:53 PM
    At&t stores usually gets shipments in on Tuesdays.. I'd keep calling to see if they get some more.
    08-24-09 01:13 PM
    Weird, just got one today at a corporate store and they had
    plenty in stock....
    08-24-09 01:14 PM
    maybe they are sold out cause they are planning on putting SL on them as of friday ;-)
    08-24-09 01:34 PM
    What is SL?
    08-24-09 01:36 PM
    do you mean Snow Leopard? What does that have to do with the iPhone?
    08-24-09 01:47 PM
    Best Buy...
    08-24-09 02:26 PM
    Have the primary account holder order one for you and shipped to the nearest Att store or even your house
    08-24-09 02:34 PM
    Or order it online... Apple.com and you'll get it shipped asap.
    08-24-09 03:39 PM
    how fast is ASAP? like, we talking 2 days or a week?
    08-24-09 04:04 PM
    how fast is ASAP? like, we talking 2 days or a week?
    I ordered my wifes through ATT and had it 2 days later in store. I bet if you order it through Apple as Duvi stated, it will be simliar in time.
    08-24-09 04:20 PM
    Walk into Best Buy with the last 4 of your brothers SS#, the billing zip code and $200+ tax and walk out with an iPhone 3GS.
    08-24-09 05:15 PM
    Walk into Best Buy with the last 4 of your brothers SS#, the billing zip code and $200+ tax and walk out with an iPhone 3GS.
    They want proof with a photo ID. The only place im allowed to NOT have him with me is at an ATT store.
    08-24-09 05:43 PM
    They want proof with a photo ID. The only place im allowed to NOT have him with me is at an ATT store.
    That's a bummer... I didn't have any problems getting mine under basically the exact same scenario you're in. Is the line of service (your phone number, not your account) under your name or your brothers? You can check by going into your AT&T account online, which should bring up both numbers, look at who's name is next to your number, if it's yours you're getting some serious unneeded run around. I suppose the only other problem would be if you were under 18.
    08-24-09 06:19 PM

Why dont you just call and order it over the phone with Att? Today is already one day that has gone by and it could have been processed.
    08-24-09 06:27 PM
    It says my name. When I click on my phone number, it says User: With my name next to it. On saturday My brother took me to the ATT store cause he was around. They didnt have the phone in stock BUT he told them to give me authorization on the account. They added me and said I could do anything he can on the account EXCEPT add a line.

Is Apple wrong here? I don't understand why he would need to be present anyway. Also, I am 23. If it shouldnt be that way, what am I supposed to tell them. They told me that in the store, AND when I called to confirm it. Should I call ATT direct to see if thats right?
    08-24-09 06:29 PM
    Why dont you just call and order it over the phone with Att? Today is already one day that has gone by and it could have been processed.
    Because I have a problem with ordering electronics. Id rather get them in a store. Its easier to see and know its brand new. And if there's a mark, scratch, imperfection, Ill be there to see it.
    08-24-09 06:32 PM
    What city are you located in?
    08-24-09 07:05 PM
    Staten Island NY.

I just called ATT directly, they said thats protocol with Apple and Best Buy. The only place I'm allowed to get the phone without the primary is an actual ATT store. Since Apple and BBuy arent ATT, I cant get it on my own, authorized or not.
    08-24-09 07:09 PM
    are you under 18? just curious as to why they gave you such a hard time. all they had to do is call your brother on the phone...sheesh

or he could have called apple or att and ordered it for you to pick up...
    08-24-09 09:02 PM
    are you under 18? just curious as to why they gave you such a hard time. all they had to do is call your brother on the phone...sheesh

or he could have called apple or att and ordered it for you to pick up...
    He already said he was 23.
    08-24-09 09:24 PM
    I asked about calling him too. They said he needed to physically be there. And like I said, I dont like ordering electronics over the internet. I once ordered something that came scratched. When I called to complain they said they ship their items in mint condition, so i must have scratched it. If that was an iPhone and it was opened for me in the store, then it wold be obvious it wasnt my fault
    08-24-09 10:53 PM
    That is so weird that AT&T told you the only place you could upgrade was there store. I'm in your situation, and the only place I have a problem is the AT&T store(they make everything more difficult).I've added lines and everything else.
    In fact, I had Best Buy check the account yesterday and they said all I needed was my I.d.
    Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 02:42 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD