Hello,

If I unlock an iPhone 32 GB 3Gs, is it possible for me to put my SIM card from my Bell Tour in there and have it function fully with the plan i had on my tour?

Just wondering, because I know the Tour is a quad band world phone and works with cdma, not sure how the iPhone works.

Thanks for any help!

smaan
    11-06-09 09:43 PM
    Hello,

If I unlock an iPhone 32 GB 3Gs, is it possible for me to put my SIM card from my Bell Tour in there and have it function fully with the plan i had on my tour?

Just wondering, because I know the Tour is a quad band world phone and works with cdma, not sure how the iPhone works.

Thanks for any help!

smaan
    I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can take a SIM from a CDMA phone and use it in a GSM device. I can only speak from my experience with VZW and I would not have been able to take the SIM from the storm and put it in an iPhone since the SIM would only work in the Storm. Does Bell also support GSM networks? If not, I don't think it will work. As far as I know, the SIM in a CDMA phone only works if you call your company and have them unlock it for you. But I don't think that makes your SIM work in another phone. You should give your company a call and just ask a general questions about using the SIM in another phone. See what they say.
    11-06-09 10:31 PM
    If you got it to work miraculously, you'd probably be on EDGE instead of 3G. Also, the unlock available is ONLY working on T-Mobile as of now, it's called blacksn0w, there hasn't been success with any other GSM carrier reported.

I really don't think it would work at all, it's not like jailbreaking & unlocking is a science, it's really easy and fast so if you'd like go ahead and try it, but as I've said, it's not working on any other GSM network than T-Mobile, and that SIM is from a CDMA phone.. so yea. As for your other question, iPhones run on GSM networks only, for now.
    11-07-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD