I had to take my iPhone in to Best Buy since it was messing up and they swaped it out for another new one. After I got home and started messing with it, I noticed the screen wasnt as bright as my previous one. I got my wife's iPhone and hers was much brighter. I took it back to best buy and they started to tell me they have to companies that make the screens. Had to fight with them to swap it out again and the new one they gave me is the same way. Anyone else experiencing this? They showed me this article, but when I use the code to check my screen version, I dont have the Versions option. Below is the link to the article.

iPhone touchscreen differences (updated) | The Apple Core | ZDNet.com
    07-15-09 10:55 AM
    I had to take my iPhone in to Best Buy since it was messing up and they swaped it out for another new one. After I got home and started messing with it, I noticed the screen wasnt as bright as my previous one. I got my wife's iPhone and hers was much brighter. I took it back to best buy and they started to tell me they have to companies that make the screens. Had to fight with them to swap it out again and the new one they gave me is the same way. Anyone else experiencing this? They showed me this article, but when I use the code to check my screen version, I dont have the Versions option. Below is the link to the article.

iPhone touchscreen differences (updated) | The Apple Core | ZDNet.com
    Have you adjusted the screen brightness in settings yet? not to be base, but it could be turned down from the factory..
    07-15-09 10:58 AM
    Yes. My wife never changed her brightness so my new one and hers were set the same and the difference is just like what is shown in the article I posted the link to. I turned my wife's and mine all the way up and even turned off the auto backlight and still a huge difference. Its not only the brightness, but if you hold it at an angle you cant see it as good.
    07-15-09 10:59 AM
    my wife has an iphone, and i've had 3 so far (one was damaged, exchanged one due to price) and none of mine have looked as "warm" as hers. her colors look a lot better than mine have. i think each one is just a little different depending on what batch you have. i ended up not trying to compare them anymore as it was driving me crazy! lol
    07-15-09 11:25 AM
    Some people have been complaining that the 3GS' screen is overly warm. My 3G screen was warm as well, I don't really mind it...seems easier on the eyes for me.
    07-17-09 10:33 PM
    i havent had any issues with warmth but try doing a restore could be a software issue where it is stuck in the auto dim and keeps the backlight dimmer or just is not registering the brightness. but if you want someone to really fix it bring it to an apple store or call customer service they will replace it until you are satisfied my fav part about apple is great customer support.
    07-18-09 02:06 AM
    my fav part about apple is great customer support.
    I would have to agree! + 1
    07-18-09 02:17 AM
    I would have to agree! + 1
    yea sometimes genius bar is full but as long as you have an apple store near you its worth it. and as long as your device is inside 1 year they will swap it out for you as long as its not abuse.
    07-18-09 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD