i want to see a poll of the mods and who still uses a BB as their main device lol
    It's quite amazing of how many mods have migrated over to Android and iPhone. I would have never thought this to be true three years ago. It's just a sign of the times and just goes to show how much BB/RIM has fallen behind.

I wonder when it will Kevin's turn? LOL
    02-16-11 09:26 PM
    Even if what they're reading is email or some text messages, at least they're communicating with other people instead of being absorbed in a worthless game.

That's what the iPhone is great at, shiny distractions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i see you missed my point or completely ignored it.

i want to see a poll of the mods and who still uses a BB as their main device lol
    I 2nd that. I've been wondering the same thing lately.
    a believe a majority do
    02-16-11 10:06 PM
    Wow iPhone insurance is $10 month...

I bet the deductible for the iPhone is higher. This is why I chose the iPod touch over the iPhone. Saving so much money for basically the same device, minus the phone.
    Which basically means that unless you're near WIFI, you can't do any data required tasks with an iPod Touch. Browsing, email, etc. are basically useless in that situation on that device. And in addition, you now are carrying two devices at once.

A lot of people don't know that they can add their cell phones to their home insurance policy (saving a ton of money) and with some policies, a deductable is not required. If you rent and have renter's insurance, they can usually cover it as well.
    02-16-11 10:07 PM
    It's quite amazing of how many mods have migrated over to Android and iPhone. I would have never thought this to be true three years ago. It's just a sign of the times and just goes to show how much BB/RIM has fallen behind.

I wonder when it will Kevin's turn? LOL
    Heresy !
    02-16-11 10:25 PM
    Actually, that's pretty standard for Synth.
    His comments have always struck me as those of a 'Super Serious', Fun Is Frivolous' kind of personality.
    I'm thinking if he ran a summer camp for pre-teens, he wouldn't let them outside until they prepared a 30 page document outlining their retirement goals and investment plan.
    Probably irons his shoelaces.

He can be insightful and fair, and enjoys discussion/ debate...
    But it's hard to imagine him smiling.
    I smile and laugh plenty on CB.
    02-16-11 11:26 PM
    Retired Mod that may me coming back as a Mod that will never go back to a BB again.
    02-17-11 10:56 AM
    Still an addict here! Probably gonna be a day one Playbook owner, and most likely going to get a Dakota or Montana (Bold Touch) as my next BB!

Android didn't do it for me, but I DID see the potential in the platform, it's just not for me. I am considering their tablets, but most likely I will be a day 1 Playbook owner as I said.
    02-17-11 01:01 PM
    pkcable, how about our pitching rotation!? 100 wins this year and 2 20 game winners and 2 15 game winners.
    02-17-11 01:03 PM
    pkcable, how about our pitching rotation!? 100 wins this year and 2 20 game winners and 2 15 game winners.
    it won't matter since the yankees will win the world series anyways
    itsdollar and Dukins like this.
    02-17-11 02:00 PM
    This would be a correct statement ^
    02-17-11 02:35 PM
    Get your asses back on topic mods. lol
    02-17-11 02:48 PM
    BTW, one thing that I do miss. Multiple email signature support. No worries though, Steve will soon learn how big a pain in the *** I can be when your platform is lacking.

Maybe we'll see it in iOS 4.x or 5. That would round out email support nicely on the platform, especially for Enterprise/Personal account users.
    I don't know if you have found a solution for this but, if you jailbreak your iPhone, you can go into Cydia and buy a plug in called Mail Enhancer. It allows for custom signatures in every email account. You can also use HTML code in your signature.
    02-17-11 03:33 PM
    Get your asses back on topic mods. lol
    I always like to read your posts as they are always very insightful. keep up the great posts!

I always laugh at people on here defending RIM and bashing Apple yet have never had an iPhone or iPad. as someone who uses both, you have to experience it to believe it.
    02-17-11 03:54 PM
    I always like to read your posts as they are always very insightful. keep up the great posts!

I always laugh at people on here defending RIM and bashing Apple yet have never had an iPhone or iPad. as someone who uses both, you have to experience it to believe it.
    Wait one second!!! You can't post a sensible thought here. LOL. I'm with you. The MAJORITY of Jobs Inc bashers have never owned an iPhone, and if they did it was probably a first gen. 3G. I say to those, try an iPhone 4 for a week and you'll throw rocks at a Blackberry. I've had all the latest/greatest RIM has to offer, including the flagship 9800, and it pales in every respect (except email) to an i4.
    Last edited by pilsbury; 02-17-11 at 04:07 PM.
    scorpiodsu and Garz like this.
    02-17-11 04:02 PM
    Don't think they bought the championship this year. As a matter of fact the Red Sox is winning that division.
    02-17-11 04:17 PM
    Wait one second!!! You can't post a sensible thought here. LOL. I'm with you. The MAJORITY of Jobs Inc bashers have never owned an iPhone, and if they did it was probably a first gen. 3G. I say to those, try an iPhone 4 for a week and you'll throw rocks at a Blackberry. I've had all the latest/greatest RIM has to offer, including the flagship 9800, and it pales in every respect (except email) to an i4.
    I don't agree with you on that one. Sorry, but HTML email rendering on BB blows, even on OS6. Email manipulation (zooming into and out of) is also very precise and nice on the iOS platform.
    02-17-11 09:55 PM
    I don't agree with you on that one. Sorry, but HTML email rendering on BB blows, even on OS6. Email manipulation (zooming into and out of) is also very precise and nice on the iOS platform.
    Valid point, but I do know for a fact that the emails on my 9800, 9700, 9000, and 8900 were probably twice as fast as both my i4s and my 3Gs, both receiving and sending.
    02-18-11 06:12 AM
    I have to agree on the sending part it seems a little slower on the ip4. But on the receiving Ip4 is just as fast if not faster then BB for me
    I was using BIS on my berry and use ActiveSync on IP4

Valid point, but I do know for a fact that the emails on my 9800, 9700, 9000, and 8900 were probably twice as fast as both my i4s and my 3Gs, both receiving and sending.
    02-18-11 08:06 AM
    I would wager to say that this is due to the type of email account in question. On Exchange with ActiveSync setup (similar to a BB on BES), the emails go out very quickly and come in at the exact same instant they do in my inbox in Outlook. When I read it on either platform, the other platform recognizes the change immediately. When I move/delete the item, the same thing happens almost immediately. No need for the extra two seconds of reconciliation to happen for the views to change.

Yes, with poll type accounts, you're limited on the poll period, but come on... isn't that how every PC based email client works anyway. Outlook tied into Exchange is immediate update of inbox because you're looking at the actual inbox on the mailbox on the server. There is no need for Send and Receive. When Outlook is configured or a POP account, that's when Send and Receive can be triggered manually or at a 1 (or higher) minute interval. That's obviously not instant, but the email protocol in question wasn't never meant to be an instant use one. The iOS system behave the same way... like a standalone email client. Tie it into an ActiveSync capable email system and you'll have instant email. Tie it into a polling type email system (POP3) and you'll have a delayed email experience. To me it's no different than Outlook or any other standalone email client available to the masses.
    02-18-11 10:13 AM
    Lol. Don't know what to tell you other than what has been my experience using both makes of devices extensively. What ActiveSync email client should I use? I'm currently using gMail and WLM on my i4 and WLM on my laptop. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by pilsbury; 02-18-11 at 04:00 PM.
    02-18-11 02:35 PM
    If you ask me, Google has pimped themselves out a bit on the Android market. They've elected to relinquish control over their platform in order to penetrate the market quicker. Let's just hope that bubble doesn't pop from over inflation. (There is already talk from users who don't think too much about what they're bringing to the tablet market.)[/QUOTE]
    02-18-11 04:00 PM
    Lol. Don't know what to tell you other than what has been my experience using both makes of devices extensively. What ActiveSync email client should I use? I'm currently using gMail and WLM on my i4 and WLM on my laptop. Any advice would be appreciated.

The native email client is what should be used. However, because you're not on an Exchange server, the speed issues you're seeing are because you've using a gMail account. I haven't configured mine on the iPhone yet, but Exchange Enterprise email on the device is instant.
    02-18-11 10:33 PM
    This has been an enjoyable and educational thread for me. I have to say that I had no interest in the iPhone at all. But JRSCCivic98's feedback does make me want to take a look at one!

One of my main issues with the BlackBerry is that when I get an email with a web link embedded, and click on the link, the browser nine times out of ten cannot open and/or format the web page properly.

Even if the page looks halfway decent most times the site does not function as it should.

BlackBerry is not the king of email with truncation and poor HTML display. Couple that with the inability to open sites from within email and I am starting to believe RIM has no saving grace anymore. BBM maybe...

Thanks, JRSCCivic98, for the review.

Last edited by chrisy520; 02-19-11 at 11:18 AM.
    02-19-11 08:42 AM
    Good review! I just like a million other users was extremely happy with my BB Storm Uno. There were some minor drawbacks but when I first switched to my Iphone4 a couple of weeks ago, I was slightly concerned over some small things. Like you said, the touch screen was no problem using since I had been using the Storm for so long. Caps lock was the same way, but once I figured out the double tap, I love it. I jailbroke mine immeadiately.

My initial +'s and -'s were:
    1. - Caps lock
    2. - A slightly longer time for emails to be pushed
    3. - Ability to organize photo folders on the I4 itself
    4. - Group txts went out as MMS instead of SMS
    5. - Native weather app icon stayed at a consistent 73 degrees (so-cal temp)
    6. - Battery life was short
    7. + App content was amazing
    8. + Retina screen is amazing
    9. + Camera quality
    10. + Multitasking
    11. + Emails and web are 500% more user friendly
    12. + Remembering every wifi network your on
    13. - User ringtones were difficult to figure out how to make
    14. - Clock is set to time zones not your local time

But since the past 2 weeks have passed I have no complaints. With a little knwo how, I figured out an easy way to manipulate iTunes into seeing my ringtones I could create on my own. And the caps lock I figured out and now love. Now that I have been using my I4, I don't see the difference in time it takes to get my emails pushed to my I4 and when I had the Uno. Group txts was a simple setting change so they would be sent out as SMS and not MMS. Weather app icon and clock time zone aren't really a concern anymore. The downside to the I4, at least in my opinion, is the battery life. I take my phone off charge in the morning, and by the time I get home after I have to charge it back up. I simply just went and bought a car charger to remedy that. As for the biggest drawback in the ability to copy/paste pictures within the pic app, once I jailbroke it I downloaded Photoalbums+ from Cydia and now I can create folders, copy, and paste pictures.

Overall the transition has been flawless. I love it!
    02-19-11 10:39 AM
    My Gmail configured via Exchange is instant.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-19-11 11:16 AM
108 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD