I currently have an iPhone 3gs 16 gb that I purchased in February. I am looking to find a way to upgrade to a Torch without paying the 200 early upgrade fee, as I'm not ready to "upgrade" until August of 2011. My biggest issue is that for work I am on call and heavily use my phone. So at the end of the day I have 5% of my battery remaining and I have to worry about constantly being near a power source. For the past 5 years I've owned BlackBerry's and I've never had this big of an issue as far as battery life goes. I'm extremely dissatisfied because, I was told when I went to purchase an iPhone that the battery life was comparable and I've yet to find that to be true. I guess all in all how can I go about getting back in a BlackBerry for around 200 total price. I'd love a Torch(although the touchscreen may have shorter battery life as well) or a Bold. Just figured I'd ask to see what you all thought. Feel free to pm me on here with any response you have, or reply on here. I apologize for the run on paragraph, but this was written on my phone. Thanks in advance, Jay.
    10-29-10 10:55 PM
    I don't have the Torch, but I can tell you that the battery in it is significantly smaller than the Storm battery, and the Storm doesn't get very good battery life, really. I would expect that the Torch and iPhone 3G(s) are probably pretty similar in battery life (I'm going on my experience with the 3G). The advantage could be that the Torch could get an extended battery option at some point, or you could at least carry a spare. You could always get an add-on battery for the iPhone too though...

The Bold has a much larger battery and doesn't have the large touch screen, so I would expect it to be your best bet for battery life. It also has extended batteries currently available.

But, there is one more options. If you otherwise like the iPhone, maybe you could sell your 3G(s) and upgrade to the 4? The 4 supposedly gets significantly better battery life than the older models.

But the Bold is still going to be your best bet for battery life and battery upgrade options...
    10-29-10 11:55 PM
    Sell your 3GS on eBay and use the money to buy the Bold at full price. You should be able to get a few hundred dollars for your iPhone. You can get a good condition Bold on eBay for about the same price. Or you can go into the Marketplace on CrackBerry and see if anyone will trade with you. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 02:55 AM
    Hey guys, I appreciate the advice, although it's in the opposite direction of what I'm trying to achieve. I'd rather do this as legit as possible and purchase the phone from att or a reputable store in person as to cover myself in case down the road there is an issue. I was just looking for anything that may make it cheaper to purchase the phone in store as opposed to paying $400 for it. I've already talked to att and apple about this and all they want to do is have me get it replaced again. It's not the battery is defective but rather for all intents and purposes it just doesn't cut it for me. I had the VZW Bold previously and I got 2 days of usage out of it, in comparison to my 9 hrs with the lights dim...
    10-30-10 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD