I have a DROID X. My wife is interested in the iPHONE.

1) We were told by VERIZON that if the iPHONE gets wet, or is stolen, that the insurance company will NOT cover the cost of replacing the phone.

2) That the iPHONE only has 25,000 apps, and the DROID X has 85,000 + apps.

3) WHat is the reason that YOU went with the iPHONE, vs the DROID X ??

( OH, items #1 and #2 were told to us by our VERIZON salesman).

Thanx
    07-03-11 08:21 AM
    Dang the sales people will say anything. The iPhone has the most apps of any of them last I heard thought it was above 300,000. I decided to try iOS out because I had a droid incredible and the android OS just seems unfinished and battery life sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-03-11 08:41 AM
    I have a DROID X. My wife is interested in the iPHONE.

1) We were told by VERIZON that if the iPHONE gets wet, or is stolen, that the insurance company will NOT cover the cost of replacing the phone.

2) That the iPHONE only has 25,000 apps, and the DROID X has 85,000 + apps.

3) WHat is the reason that YOU went with the iPHONE, vs the DROID X ??

( OH, items #1 and #2 were told to us by our VERIZON salesman).

Thanx
    1. Aslong as you have apple care protection you should be fine.

2. Download iTunes and take a look at the app store for yourself.

3. iOS 5 coming out, not having apps that might carry viruses or something, and how the phone looks
    07-03-11 09:26 AM
    I will also say build quality compared to other smart phones I had had it feels like a quality phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-03-11 12:14 PM
    That's absurd. Maybe he meant to say 250,000 for iPhone, which is a little more accurate; as for the 85,000 on Android Market... I have no idea what he may have meant cus that is way off and there's no plausible mistake I can see he made.

If you're asking us question #3, I'll give you an answer...
    The Droid X is a freakin' brick. Thing is massive in my opinion and the buttons look tacky to me. Also, I'm one of those iPhone users who has an unexplained dislike for Android phones, so I would never get one anyways...

It's funny how smartphones have become such a war; not just in the marketplace, but also to the users. I see so many Android users who absolutely hate iOS for no apparent reason, iOS who hate Android for no reason - I don't hate Android, I just don't care for it - and BlackBerry users I have noticed on forums and such hate iOS as well(although I've read otherwise, as BB users are flocking to iPhones).
    07-03-11 02:36 PM
    1. Aslong as you have apple care protection you should be fine.
    I've personally heard of very few cases where Apple replaced at no cost an iPhone covered by Apple Care in the case of catastrophic water damage. But of course your mileage may vary
    07-03-11 04:02 PM
    Apple Care normally does not.cover damage, loss, theft, etc. It is merely a warranty extension to cover defects. HOWEVER, my experience with Apple is that if you go into the store sad and you explain what happened without getting angry or pushy, they will often take care of you in some way or another.

As for apps, I think the actual number is really irrelevant at this point. There are more for the iPhone, but there are so many different apps that do the same thing, counting them is pointless. Both have WAY more apps than anyone will ever need. Think of it like the iPhone has 100 calculator apps and Android only has 50 to chose from...lol! I just pulled those numbers out of.a dark place, btw.

I like the iPhone for the battery life, but in most other respects, I find myself liking the Thunderbolt more. Mostly because internet and mobile hot spot are top priority for me. I would never buy another 3G phone now that I've seen close to 40 MBPS...lol. So, yeah, I think the iPhone is a great device, but on VZW anyway, it is outclassed right now...at least for my wants and needs. It's a lot more level playing field when comparing to the Droid X.

Anyway, I would say the main reason to get the iPhone is simplicity. It's like an appliance; you turn it on and use it. If that is what your wife wants then go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 10:00 PM
    Everyone has pretty much answered questions 1 & 2 for you...therefore my answer to Q3.

- App variety and quality
    - Build quality and design
    - battery
    - OS
    - Ease of use

Those are my reasons for choosing iPhone over Android or anything else on the current market.
    07-04-11 06:08 AM
    I think she should try it and get whatever she likes. We are all different and like what we like for own reasons or maybe we don't even know why we like or dislike something else.

But I think they are all good and all have some bad or different mixed in.
    07-04-11 07:12 AM
    Oh, I'm NOT picking out a phone for her. I'm smarter than that !! ;-) We were just discussing them and I thought I'd ask actual owners.
    07-04-11 07:31 AM
    Do you know anyone that has one? Has she tried one in a store? It's good to get opinions also as sometimes just playing with one for a short while doesn't let you know everything about it but it will come down to if she likes it.

It would probably help if she had some specific questions to ask about it.

Yes you are a smart man not to choose for her LOL.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 07-04-11 at 07:36 AM. Reason: smart
    07-04-11 07:35 AM
    b. Limitations The Plan does not cover:
    (i) Installation, removal or disposal of the Covered Equipment, or installation, removal, repair, or
    maintenance of non-Covered Equipment (including accessories, attachments, or other devices)
    or network or cellular service external to the Covered Equipment;
    (ii) Damage to the Covered Equipment caused by accident, abuse, neglect, misuse (including
    faulty installation, repair or maintenance by anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized
    Service Provider), unauthorized modification, extreme environment (including extreme
    temperature or humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or interference, fluctuation or
    surges of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, acts of God or other external causes;

(iii) Covered Equipment with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed;
    (iv) Problems caused by a device that is not the Covered Equipment, including equipment that
    is not Apple-branded, whether or not purchased at the same time as the Covered Equipment;
    (v) Service necessary to comply with the regulations of any government body or agency arising
    after the date of this Plan;
    (vi) Problems caused by the function of a network or cellular service or viruses or other software
    problems introduced into the Covered Equipment;
    (vii) Covered Equipment that has been lost or stolen. This Plan only covers Covered Equipment
    that is returned to Apple in its entirety;

Straight from apple. You drop it in water you bought a new phone.
    07-05-11 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD